Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kids at Redskins games - Reoccurring thread...

TMK9973

Comes up all the time here. And I know I have been told I was wrong, crazy, and a bad father because I always take my son to Redskins game (Starting when he was 4. He's now 7).

Just wanted to share that yesterday we went, sat in the 200's of a very close game, did the tailgating, yelled, screamed, fought the crowds, saw the drunks, etc... AND.....

Nothing bad happened.

Again.

No fights, Some curse words (from me I think). No one seemed to mind. He stood up when he needed to see, sat on his knees when he could.

I've said it before and will say it again. Kids LOVE going to football games. I have NEVER had a issue (Upper deck, lower deck, club, etc...) and would encourage all the Moms and Dads out there to take their kids to a game (assuming they are a football fan and can watch a game without getting board).

The best part was this morning, when he woke up this morning and TRIED to talk. His voice was GONE!

I know he did well.

I usually just punch the first kid I see right in the throat and then stare at the other one's and point to my throat with a cutting motion. Youd be suprised how quickly kids learn that you dont mess with the crazy guy or you end up like the one on the ground crying...

lol

seriously I LOVE kids at games. I high five them, yell with them, and just have a great time. Kids are fun and if they are old enough get that older people get crazy at football games.

I usually just punch the first kid I see right in the throat and then stare at the other one's and point to my throat with a cutting motion. Youd be suprised how quickly kids learn that you dont mess with the crazy guy or you end up like the one on the ground crying...

lol that's hilarious. OLS

Comes up all the time here. And I know I have been told I was wrong, crazy, and a bad father because I always take my son to Redskins game (Starting when he was 4. He's now 7).

Just wanted to share that yesterday we went, sat in the 200's of a very close game, did the tailgating, yelled, screamed, fought the crowds, saw the drunks, etc... AND.....

Nothing bad happened.

Again.

No fights, Some curse words (from me I think). No one seemed to mind. He stood up when he needed to see, sat on his knees when he could.

I've said it before and will say it again. Kids LOVE going to football games. I have NEVER had a issue (Upper deck, lower deck, club, etc...) and would encourage all the Moms and Dads out there to take their kids to a game (assuming they are a football fan and can watch a game without getting board).

The best part was this morning, when he woke up this morning and TRIED to talk. His voice was GONE!

I know he did well.

Father of the year! :point2sky

lol

seriously I LOVE kids at games. I high five them, yell with them, and just have a great time. Kids are fun and if they are old enough get that older people get crazy at football games.

I laughed pretty hard at that. Good job Mike. :)

I usually just punch the first kid I see right in the throat and then stare at the other one's and point to my throat with a cutting motion. You'd be surprised how quickly kids learn that you don't mess with the crazy guy or you end up like the one on the ground crying...

Actually Mike - I thought that was you that did that to my kid yesterday... I'm glad you weren't embarrassed when he threw you down and made you cry afterwards.....

Good thing that 8 year old girl came to your rescue....:silly:

Nothing bad happened.

Again.

I know he did well.

I took my three year old to his first game yesterday. He had a blast, and I will definately take him again, next year. I think there are certain games that are more kid freindly than others, for instance taking him to a Rams game vs an Eagles game.

Even though he had fun, it is hard work taking a little guy to a game which is why he will only be going to certain games, once, maybe twice a year as he gets a little older. Not to mention, I like getting away and acting a little crazy when he isn't around.

=====edit=====

I thought it was cool when we saw Cowboys fans I would say "you can boo these cowboy fans" and he would say "booo Cowboys"

Actually Mike - I thought that was you that did that to my kid yesterday... I'm glad you weren't embarrassed when he threw you down and made you cry afterwards.....

Good thing that 8 year old girl came to your rescue....:silly:

yeah, he made me cry. but i showed him when I ran off and called him filthy names.

I took my three year old to his first game yesterday. He had a blast, and I will definately take him again, next year. I think there are certain games that are more kid freindly than others, for instance taking him to a Rams game vs an Eagles game.

Even though he had fun, it is hard work taking a little guy to a game which is why he will only be going to certain games, once, maybe twice a year as he gets a little older. Not to mention, I like getting away and acting a little crazy when he isn't around.

=====edit=====

I thought it was cool when we saw Cowboys fans I would say "you can boo these cowboy fans" and he would say "booo Cowboys"

FYI - I took him to Skins vs Cowboys at age 4 and 5 (In Texas) and Eagles game at age 6 - However we were in the club section for the eagles game.....

I always thought I would like to go without him sometimes as well. But he is such a redskins fan, to be honest, I went to one game without him last year and I felt guilty and wished he was there.

you might be surprised....

I have been taking my daughter to Skins games since she was 8 years old, she's 11 now.

She has been to 1 o'clock games and 4 o'clock games, non division games and division games including a 4 o'clock Dallas game. We have sat all over the stadium (mostly uppers) for a total of 8 games so far......

We have never had a problem, the closest we came was actually yesterday with a loud mouth Rams fan just in front of us. Security quickly dispatched with his unwanted attitude.

She loves it, screams, jumps up and down, sings HTTR (both verses) AND she is quiet while we are on offense :D

I explain to all my friends taking kids to a football game that they can not go in to this thinking that they are headed off to church and not to expect the people there to act like they are.

How did things work out with the lap pass?

I have no problem with people bringing their kids to the games. If you don't think kids hear stuff just as bad at school, you're kidding yourself.

I think its more about luck/probability as far as what you encounter on your average trip to the stadium.

I sat in the 200s, 213 to be exact. Luckily my cousins son, of whom I basically consider my nephew, was unable to attend the game w/ me. About 8 minutes into the first quarter a young guy decided he should pull his little penis out, while sitting in his seat and piss w/ wreckless abandon. These 2 ladies behind me notify me that they were just hit w/ piss and that I should move...and kick this guys ass. I've seen a lot of things at games/concerts before but this was unreal. I mean throwing up...okay...its a spur of the moment type thing that happens when you drink too much. Peeing on ones self...gross as well, but okay. Pulling it out and just letting it fly in front of all those people...my god, I wanted to murder this ****. Luckily security came in and got the guy out of there and gave me the wink like it was okay to slug the guy if he stepped on my seat, as he had piss all over his shoes.

On the flip side ... the four boys to my left spent more time playing Nintendo, spitting on the floor and pouring water on seats. The adults behind them, presumably parents and/or guardians, did get on them but that didn't stop them. They had just spilled a bunch of water on the floor when I walked out to go down to the bathroom so I was little concerned that I would slip on the Club Level concourse ... (I did during the December games when we had/were having precipitation)

Normally, though, the kids around me are great. I do remember a father-son pair behind me for the Saints game that were great.

cheers

lol

Hilarious.:D I think kids also get off on seeing grown ups jumping around acting as excited as they do.

Just a quick update. I ended up taking him to yesterdays game as well (He needed to go to a winning game!). Section 207 this time. ANOTHER great time!

Tailgating was great! we went by ourselves and were going to meet up with the ES'ers but never made it. Played some football, hung out with random people. Great time.

Seats were great. Section was loud and fun. Everyone giving me Son a high 5 on good plays. All screaming as loud as possible (No voice for my son today) And - Great people in the Bathroom! Twice someone switched lines with my son so he could use the "little" urinal even though it made them end up waiting longer (Thanks).

Just another re-enforcement of how much fun little kids have at games (Ok - I'll stop beating the dead horse now.....)

I have been bringing my kids there for the past four years (youngest son was 3, and 6 and 8 y/o girls) and they have a BLAST! Started them up at the Tailgate Club, then graduated to the parking lot ... and to ES!:silly:Always something different, but no one is ever mean or nasty to them in or out of the stadium. I believe they get a charge out of watching us crazy adults make fools of ourselves though. :laugh:

What was that I heard a while back about making a 'family friendly' section? was that at FEDEX? I remember someone responding something to the effect of...'Waddya mean a family friendly section, the whole damn stadium should be family friendly!"

Save for the ocassional Richard Cranium in the stadium doing some fool thing as was previously mentioned, overall it is a good atmosphere for the kids as far as I can tell. It still is up to us parents to control our children though, and instill a sense of spirit and sport...and respect.

HTTR!:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

Hilarious.:D I think kids also get off on seeing grown ups jumping around acting as excited as they do.

once they get past the nervous part of some big dude acting all crazy and realize he is just having fun and is crazy in a good way they will usually go crazy too. Whenever I go to games with my married friends I am "crazy uncle mike" who yells at everything.

its a totally different enviornment then if I am with some boys and were just gettin plastered. :2cents:

:rotflmao:

This just made its way into the Taken out of Context Thread

Archived