Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington....dancing?

Piledriven

UPDATE (Oct-20-2008):

Okay...this dancing has got to go. All he did in the game against the Browns was get blocked all day, yet he still danced around in front of cameras even when he didnt make a play. I think I may have seen him make one play...thats it. He got smoked on that draw play by Jamal Lewis...yet he danced??!?

This guy needs to get his head in the game! Stop worrying about all the dancing and focus on playing ball!

When London got up fired up yesterday and was doing his thing I was PUMPED up! It got me all fired up, because he played EXCELLENT and he was emotional! I get that! I am all for that...

I am ust not for the ridiculous self-absorbed dancing that is "all about Marcus"! The guy has an ego WAY too big for his own head! Cut out the dancing Marcus, focus on the ballgame!

(Oct-13-2008): Am I the only who thinks that Marcus Washington needs to focus more on his play rather than his dance after each play? It gets very annoying to see a guy run to the middle of the field so that all cameras are on him, just so he can do a little dance...EVEN WHEN WE ARE LOSING! Its also annoying when its coming from a player who's career is tailing off and who has not done all that much in the past few seasons.

I am not talking about guys making a big play and getting fired up with their teammates...thats football, that is emotions. I like that. What I don't like is the Hollywood treatment of running to the middle of the field where all cameras are on him...its ridiculous!

If this guy wants to dance so much and have the cameras all on him.... then he can take lessons from Jason Taylor and go on the Dancing With The Stars!

I'm sick of it... It has got to go!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

:2cents:

I actually agree with the OP. I said it after each time he did it yesterday and usually every game he plays in. It is one thing to dance after a BIG play, but not on a play that you get yourself 1/2 a tackle after a 4 yard run. :2cents:

Every defensive player does that now a days.

EVERY player runs TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD so no one else is around...just to dance??

I disagree 100%!

I know guys get up from a tackle fired up and do their thing with teammates...I AM FINE WITH THAT!

Its the running to the middle of the field where NO ONE is, just to dance with all cameras on you...its ridiculous! Its too Hollywood! EGO?????

EVERY player runs TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD so no one else is around...just to dance??

I disagree 100%!

I know guys get up from a tackle fired up and do their thing with teammates...I AM FINE WITH THAT!

Its the running to the middle of the field where NO ONE is, just to dance with all cameras on you...its ridiculous! Its too Hollywood! EGO?????

I think you're exaggerating quite a bit. Marcus likes to dance around by himself, but he doesn't run to the 50 yard line after every play and start dancing. He finds an open space and does a little celebration (oh no, it must have lost us the game).

Marcus is incredibly humble in interviews, and constantly congratulates our players that make a good play. He's a motivator out there.

There are at least 40 things about yesterday's game that should be on your mind, other than this.

Guest sith lord

I disagree 100%!

You obviously don't watch to many NFL games. I see it in EVERY game.

I actually agree with the OP. I said it after each time he did it yesterday and usually every game he plays in. It is one thing to dance after a BIG play, but not on a play that you get yourself 1/2 a tackle after a 4 yard run. :2cents:

Totally agree as would Art Monk. Dance if you feel like it after you win something. So far this team has been #2 or #3 of the 4 teams in the division since Marcus Washington joined the team.

Also don't claim being tired, or semi-injured when you can spend energy dancing during the game. :2cents:

Totally agree as would Art Monk. Dance if you feel like it after you win something. So far this team has been #2 or #3 of the 4 teams in the division since Marcus Washington joined the team.

Also don't claim being tired, or semi-injured when you can spend energy dancing during the game. :2cents:

Art's personality is about as exciting as watching paint dry. No offense to Art, but not every football player is a stoic, programmed machine out there. Marcus likes to have a good time, it is a game, and it doesn't have an effect on the outcome.

Marcus was the second-best player on the defense when the D was one of the elite in the league. Now that he's older and lost a step, he has to get more serious and lose his personality? That's the only thing he has going for him!

And spare me the argument that those little dances he does "expends energy". Mini-camp, training camp, off-season workouts, in-season workouts, constant cardiovascular-working drills during practices, and a little shimmy is going to make him lose his breath??? Or re-injure his elbow?? give me a break.

Expending energy dancing? Are you serious????? These guys are so pumped up on pain killers so they can go out and kill their bodies and you don't think they have the right to celebrate EVERY play they are involved in!

100% disagree with you!

I was 100% happy to see Marcus dancing again. That is the energy that makes him a very good linebacker. When he was moping around he looked tired yesterday was the first game in two years he looked like the old Marcus. Not only that he had the whole defense playing with a swagger. Maybe our offense should dance and get into the game :whoknows:

I agree. I wish it was our biggest concern though. Can MW punt?

Archived