Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons we Lost

futboler33

1. O-line. They exposed JC too many times and let him get hit often and in turn leading to a turnover.

2. Turnovers- 3 that took away momentum and took points off the board, unacceptable.

3. Special Teams. Terrible punting, bad coverage on returns giving the Rams great field position.

I feel terrible for CP who had a great game and JC did what he could with a terrible showing by the o-line.

Pretty much sums it up for me..and we weren't aggressive enough on either side of the ball to me. Zorn himself said you have to attack, attack and dictate. Portis had a great game...but the passing game bogged. Poor blocking, no pass rush, too many sacks, drive killers, penalties, turnovers.

Really, there are too many reasons to list ... everything that possibly could go wrong did -- the fact that we were actually in the game at all with a good chance to win is miraculous ... despite the outcome -- they did do a lot of good things -- the defense in particular -- it wasn't like we were beaten down like dogs ...I take a small modicum of solace from that ...

1. O-line. They exposed JC too many times and let him get hit often and in turn leading to a turnover.

2. Turnovers- 3 that took away momentum and took points off the board, unacceptable.

3. Special Teams. Terrible punting, bad coverage on returns giving the Rams great field position.

I feel terrible for CP who had a great game and JC did what he could with a terrible showing by the o-line.

those are the symptoms. the reason we lost to an inferior team was a deficit of focus and emotion.

If anything, this game speaks volumes about the competitive balance of the league. In a three week span, we defeated arguably the best team in the league on their home field, and lost to arguably the league's worst team on our home field.

What does that say about us? Expectations, good or bad, for this team are worthless. Unless you expect to be completely and utterly confused for the rest of the year.

Pete Kendall made a dumb play

10-14 point swing.

Right there was the game

You can't believe that. Then Jackson's fumble was the game. If he doesn't fumble, we loose by 2 scores.

This entire game is on Zorn. When you consider that 3 of the Rams first 4 opponents score 17 points in ONE QUARTER on the rams, there is no excuse for not passing all day on this team. McNabb threw for 400 yards against this team and we ride Portis until we loose. What's wrong with throwing some deep balls against a horrible secondary? One would have to ask Zorn who buried his head up his rear for this game.

His coaching didn't give this team a chance to win. That was the game. His 4 yard passing game is a pathetic joke. Way too many times we had 3rd and long and threw short passes. You can't tell me that there wasn't oppurtunities to go deep. And if it's Campbell's fault, which I don't think it is, then put in Brennan.

This loss is a horrible joke. This will derail our entire season. Now, they're one bad game away from being 3rd place in the division.

Basically, this loss negated what we did in Dallas. We just let Philly and Dallas back into it. Zorn's head should be on a platter after not attacking this college level Rams team. What a moron.

I put a much of the blame on Campbell as far as the sacks and hits are concerned. Too many times I've seen JC fail to make the proper pre-snap reads to avoid a free-running blitzer.

He needs to do a better job of recognizing where the extra man that may be unblocked is coming from and either call an audible to take advantage or simply get rid of the ball faster to a hot-read.

Look at Dallas's Oline. Romo sits to pee looks like a statue on half his throws back there. And thats with no TE's helping in the pass pro. It seems like Campbell was scrambling for extra time (which good QB's should do) FAR to often.

Not Tonight!

We made about every mistake you can make. We deserved to lose.

Turnovers

Think 3 Picks dropped

and OMG Special Teams ( all around. Horrible Punts, that bad kickoff hurt, ARE not hitting it fast enough, not very good coverage)

You can't believe that. Then Jackson's fumble was the game. If he doesn't fumble, we loose by 2 scores.

This entire game is on Zorn. When you consider that 3 of the Rams first 4 opponents score 17 points in ONE QUARTER on the rams, there is no excuse for not passing all day on this team. McNabb threw for 400 yards against this team and we ride Portis until we loose. What's wrong with throwing some deep balls against a horrible secondary? One would have to ask Zorn who buried his head up his rear for this game.

His coaching didn't give this team a chance to win. That was the game. His 4 yard passing game is a pathetic joke. Way too many times we had 3rd and long and threw short passes. You can't tell me that there wasn't oppurtunities to go deep. And if it's Campbell's fault, which I don't think it is, then put in Brennan.

This loss is a horrible joke. This will derail our entire season. Now, they're one bad game away from being 3rd place in the division.

Basically, this loss negated what we did in Dallas. We just let Philly and Dallas back into it. Zorn's head should be on a platter after not attacking this college level Rams team. What a moron.

Please tell me that your post was sarcastic satire.

Campbell ran from the rush all day. Several times the guys chasing him came free. This derails a deep passing game. You can't attack through the air when your qb is on his back. Nonetheless JC has not yet thrown an interception this whole year and has a passer rating in the 90's. He's having a possible Pro Bowl season overall. To bench him for Brennan, an untested rookie, would be pure foolishness.

Many players made mental mistakes because we came out flat. Zorn tried to stop this by not letting them be off last Monday and by riding them hard all week. Zorn was a good coach. He can't make people be focused, all he can do is set the right conditions, which he did.

As far as derailing the whole season, you gotta be kidding me. Yes, we should have beaten the snot out of the sorry Rams. But it is only one game and no ground was lost to the Cowboys. If the Skins win the next two weeks, they will be 6-2, in second place at worst, and have no more division road games. The Redskins are still poised for an excellent season as long as they play better.

I don't think this is a loss that will derail the entire season. I do however think that this is what happens when you are unprepared for an opponent. The Skins thought the Rams would completely fall apart after the first TD. It didn't happen and whatever the Rams did defensively prevented the Skins to attack offensively.

Archived