Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Deadline Tuesday: Anybody you guys think we need to get or should we stay put?

SkinsAllDay34

Can anybody think of the last trade worth mention that occurred mid-season? I can't think of any, this is the NFL, not MLB....I guess it makes fun talk for some of you but its largely a waste of time.

chris chambers last year...yea he kinda helped the chargers down the stretch and has been a decent addition.

I didn't know there were trades anymore in the NFL. ;) ^That Chambers trades was kinda noteworthy though. How about we trade our 1st rounder to the Raiders for that CB Nnamdi Asomugha? He's lock down. I hate trading away picks though....and we've done plenty of that as you all know. So I'd say no trades. Although if we are serious about contending I'd consider that trade. Call Al Davis!

BTW, why would we need lito shepherd...we have 3 good corners

3 good corners?

springs yeah if he aint hurt.

Rogers off and on and cant catch

smoot off and on and cant catch

torrence you seen him 2 day dont trust

tyron sucks

lito shepard shutdown corner

why not give up a pick for a proven corner that is just as good or better than all of our corners. you can act like our corners are great but I watch ever game and cuss them out all the time. I think him with rogers landry horton smoot would be good for a while cuz springs is getting old still playing good 4 now but kinda fragile.

3 good corners?

springs yeah if he aint hurt.

Rogers off and on and cant catch

smoot off and on and cant catch

torrence you seen him 2 day dont trust

tyron sucks

lito shepard shutdown corner

why not give up a pick for a proven corner that is just as good or better than all of our corners. you can act like our corners are great but I watch ever game and cuss them out all the time. I think him with rogers landry horton smoot would be good for a while cuz springs is getting old still playing good 4 now but kinda fragile.

why is the only thing you care about is if they can catch. Yea an interception is nice but, just batting it down is better than going for an interception and allowing a big play. Dont trade away a high pick for a position where we have been good at so far this year. Lei Torrence made one bonehead play, but against arizona he made a touchdown saving play that led to an interception.

I have been strongly opposed to the idea of putting kelly on IR because he would not be able to practice and develop a further understanding of the offense. But, I am leaning toward doing that option and open up a spot on the roster.

So we IR kelly let him just rehab and make sure that knee gets 100% so next year he can have an opportunity to contribute.

Then we can trade for another threat because outside of cooley and moss, everybody else hasnt done much. Teams are going to shut those two down and we need someone.

I wouldnt mind going after a receiver at the deadline to help campbell put up touchdowns so we dont settle for field goals.

As i said earlier...the only way i would make a trade say for another pass threat....because of the non production after ARE, and moss, is that we get a 2nd round pick out of it...like the trade i mentioned earlier that would get us roy williams. We would give up our first but have to get a 2nd back.

If we have the money to sign him, I'd love to get Anquan Boldin somehow. You know the cheapo Cardinal ownership is rationalizing right now about how good Steve Breaston is and trying to convince themselves that he is just as good opposite Fitzgerald as Anquan is. May be an opportunity there.

I hope I'm wrong but have a bad feeling about Malcom's health long term. Also I don't want to see a blue star on Boldin's helmet next year.

Giving up picks has plagued this franchise. do you not see what lack of draft picks has done to us over the years??? you're freaking out because of 1 loss, where our 4th Corner gave up catch on an underthrown ball. most teams would love to have the experience and skill our top 3 cb's have. if we get rid of another draft pick this year i'm going to lose my mind.

Giving up picks has plagued this franchise. do you not see what lack of draft picks has done to us over the years??? you're freaking out because of 1 loss, where our 4th Corner gave up catch on an underthrown ball. most teams would love to have the experience and skill our top 3 cb's have. if we get rid of another draft pick this year i'm going to lose my mind.

Even if Roger Goodell were to say that if we gave up our 6th rounder, he'd give us the Super bowl?

I dunno man, I'd get rid of a pick in that situation.

;)

why is the only thing you care about is if they can catch. Yea an interception is nice but, just batting it down is better than going for an interception and allowing a big play. Dont trade away a high pick for a position where we have been good at so far this year. Lei Torrence made one bonehead play, but against arizona he made a touchdown saving play that led to an interception.

yeah the ball bounced of his helmet he didnt know where the ball was then and we got a lucky break. Of course I care if corners can catch because that is what is called a turnover and it is important to get turnovers. If our corners caught all the balls that hit them in there hands then we would blow out teams all the time. They drop everything. Corners that can cover and catch like a lito shepard has the ability to make a lot of game changing plays. So the answer to your dumb as question is to get TURNOVERS

I not freaking out. what I am saying Lito is better than all our corners. We play a lot of defense that has 4 corners out there. Springs is hurt most the time. smoot will be the fourth corner if springs is in. I dam sure dont want to see doughty out there playing man coverage because our corners are down late in the season. OR tryon

I not freaking out. what I am saying Lito is better than all our corners. We play a lot of defense that has 4 corners out there. Springs is hurt most the time. smoot will be the fourth corner if springs is in. I dam sure dont want to see doughty out there playing man coverage because our corners are down late in the season. OR tryon

who cares if lito sheppard is better. we don't need to waste a draft pick(s) or players on a trade. it would be moronic. our corners are fine.

Originally Posted by SkinsAllDay34

I have been strongly opposed to the idea of putting kelly on IR because he would not be able to practice and develop a further understanding of the offense. But, I am leaning toward doing that option and open up a spot on the roster.

Trade Malcolm Kelly or Tryon for some knees

If we have the money to sign him, I'd love to get Anquan Boldin somehow. You know the cheapo Cardinal ownership is rationalizing right now about how good Steve Breaston is and trying to convince themselves that he is just as good opposite Fitzgerald as Anquan is. May be an opportunity there.

I hope I'm wrong but have a bad feeling about Malcom's health long term. Also I don't want to see a blue star on Boldin's helmet next year.

/Agree

Absolutely.

He is a playmaker and could impact the team immediately.

Archived