Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Views by YOU. How to.

Art

I've spoken in the past about getting more contributions with Fan Views from other fans so it's not just my voice or Om's, when he wishes, who represent all of you. Some of you are talented. There area number of you I'd like to use as Fan Views.

Each time I've started this in the past the PM box got too full and too much was going on otherwise to keep up with it. So, here's how it'll work from now on. We are going to use Google Docs to do this.

If you would like an article considered for publication you must have it to me by 6 p.m. Monday evening. I will read it, edit it, work with you and get it up with the team on Tuesday for Tuesday or Wednesday publication.

All submissions must follow the following:

You can start new online documents by emailing them directly to this email address:

Art's Google Doc address

To try it, start a new email to the address shown above and:

Enter some text and send the message.

- The message text will be entered into a new online document.

- The title of the document will be the subject of the email message and must contain FAN VIEW SUBMISSION

Or, attach a supported document

- Each attached document will be converted to HTML and appear as a separate document.

- The title of each document will be the file name of each attachment and must contain FAN VIEW SUBMISSION in the title

- With attachments, the message text itself will be ignored.

You can use this as a quick way to get a document online, or as an adjunct to how you currently collaborate with others (by forwarding an email that contains an attachment).

Please Note

This email address is unique to you.

The address itself is long and complicated-looking just to help keep people from guessing it.

You should receive an email confirmation for each document.

If you don't receive a confirmation message, that means the document(s) didn't make it online. If this is the case, please make sure you are using the email address shown above and that your e-mail is functioning correctly.

This feature doesn't work with spreadsheets and PDF files.

Fitzo,

Length is a personal thing. :) My rule of thumb is under two pages in normal view using Microsoft Word. I find that once you start getting even to that length it becomes a burden to a reader to follow all the way through. This is why I've tried to make my columns more and more punchy and quick than when we started this.

Mark,

The team may, from time to time, publish more than one article in a week, but for the purposes of what we're doing here, consider the request for those interested in our Tuesday/Wednesday publish date.

Art, an excellent way to get some more involvement on the site. You guys are coming up with some good ideas. Keep it up. Not being very good at putting my thoughts to words, I'm really looking forward to reading other people's. We do have some very talented people on this board, you, OM, John Pappas, and Brian Murphy come to mind. I am sure there are many others that will become known with this program.

Okay. With a site membership whose numbers are approaching 80,000, seems to me 100 submissions would not be unreasonable. That's 99 people who've put their heart and soul into a rejection. 18104940animgifsmileybiye3.gif

Maybe I shouldn't laugh.

HTTR

But you never know when someone might find new an interesting things to do with them aside from this, and anything that gets more people actively involved has to be good.

I'm not good enough for the tryouts but I will definitely sit in the bleachers and rah-rah the contestants.

People can always post those here on the site as well. And some weeks it'll be 100 of 100 submissions unused if I use my own or if Pappas or TK or whoever wants to take the slot.

Shocked ya with that one last week, didn't I? :silly:

Excellent idea. I shall now retire to my mad wordsmithing-scientist lab and cook up something completely different.

then hope like hell it gets used...

Dude, I just spent an hour and a half orchestrating what I thought would be a masterpiece, only to read it and realize all it really does is piss the reader off. Now I have to start all over.

Dude, I just spent an hour and a half orchestrating what I thought would be a masterpiece, only to read it and realize all it really does is piss the reader off. Now I have to start all over.

Looks at the above.....

Looks at piece on the Redskins owner.....

*thinks* ****, this may just piss MORE than the reader off.....

Goes to work on fall back piece.

Hail.

Archived