Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Home Playoff Game at Fedex???? Possibly

SkinsAllDay34

I know I am getting a little a head of myself here, and anything can happen during the course of a full season. BUT the pace we are going at and a good chance to be 7-1 at the midway point, man there is a good possibility of this. IF we keep it the Zorn way with HIP HIP HOORAY, and keep it medium....a lot could happen for us.

I know we have had a playoff game at home when Fedex first opened but I was like in 1st grade... so i dont really remember. All I know is Fedex would be explosive and its just awsome thinking about it.

Any of your input...i know its early, but it doesnt hurt to think about it.

Way to early to think about this. No game is a gimme, so when people keep saying 7-1 already, just not the case until we are at that point. It would be incredible if we had a home field playoff game, but keep in mind the giants are ahead of us in the standings as well as beat us. We can control our own destiny to an extent if we take care of them next time we face them. I like the optimism but we are far away my friend.

As a season ticket holder, I'd be lying if I said this possibility hasn't at least crossed my mind. And I will admit I did quietly change some travel plans just in case I need to be near Landover in January.

However, it is way too early to be discussing this. This thread should be closed!

What a jerk. Go jinx another team, ok?

OH MY...haha ya im a jerk for dreaming of possible playoff game...and seeing what people would think about it. I dont believe in that jinx **** and fully believe we will go 7-1 going into the MNF game. **** OFF

THis deam should and will destroy the rams, beat the browns, and lions are ****ing bad. Then we got the division at home and a couple of other "projected wins"

oh i've thought about it it excites me! :) And I can care less if people are nuts about not talking about it...i'll talk about the pittsburgh game today, etc...people are nuts with their "don't look past this game". We aren't players, we can look as far ahead as we want.

Now, speaking of home playoff games...How much do tickets increase in price? then i can judge how much stub hub will have them for. Just getting an idea of what i need to raise my credit card limit to :)

BTW to all that said it is too early, i stated that i believe it is too early as well...but just wanted to see what anyone's thoughts on how the atmosphere would be like etc.

Um, yeah, I'm thinking a few thousand of the season ticket holders might go ahead and buy the tickets to that game. :silly:

And at least a few thousand will show up. Maybe even make some noise on defense (and probably offense, too. :doh:) And cheer for the Baltimore Orioles before the game.

BTW to all that said it is too early, i stated that i believe it is too early as well...but just wanted to see what anyone's thoughts on how the atmosphere would be like etc.

To answer your question on atmosphere....

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the Lions playoff game and it was in-freakin-sane!!!!

I was sitting 12 rows deep in the tunnel endzone and yelling into each others ears you still couldnt hear the person next to you. It was electric!!! BUT......

This being my 1st year as a STH.... I am not in anyway thinking about a home playoff game this early in the season.......

oh i've thought about it it excites me! :) And I can care less if people are nuts about not talking about it...i'll talk about the pittsburgh game today, etc...people are nuts with their "don't look past this game". We aren't players, we can look as far ahead as we want.

Now, speaking of home playoff games...How much do tickets increase in price? then i can judge how much stub hub will have them for. Just getting an idea of what i need to raise my credit card limit to :)

I should have said that too, WE ARE FANS. Why the hell cant we get somewhat excited. We can look as far as we want. Right now I look at the schedule, and see easy games coming up...and after that pretty winnable games outside the NFC east games which are at home BTW.

STop acting like the players and saying "take it one game at a time."...screw that we watch the games and dont play.

The best part of the season is chalking up wins and losses and up the road, the way we are playing, and if we "keep it medium" I think we could win the division and get a home playoff game, and I sure as hell would want to go and experience that at FEDEX. Just imagining that gives me goosebumps.

OH MY...haha ya im a jerk for dreaming of possible playoff game...and seeing what people would think about it. I dont believe in that jinx **** and fully believe we will go 7-1 going into the MNF game. **** OFF

THis deam should and will destroy the rams, beat the browns, and lions are ****ing bad. Then we got the division at home and a couple of other "projected wins"

You seem to have forgotten that we were 2-1 on the road vs the division and only 1-2 at home LAST year. Don't get ahead of yourself and think that those home division games are gimmes.

You seem to have forgotten that we were 2-1 on the road vs the division and only 1-2 at home LAST year. Don't get ahead of yourself and think that those home division games are gimmes.

I didnt mean to say those games were gimmes, i should have said aside from the division games. My bad, I think those arnt gimmes and those teams especially philly and dallas are gonna want us bad.

Gotta say that game in early 2000 was awesome. We were the late game that day.....the early game was the Buffalo-Tennessee one which featured the Music City Miracle lateral at the end, so many of the folks already in their seats had no idea what had transpired (I saw the wild ending as I was walking along the club level concourse to my seats).

Of course, we were playing Detroit, who we had lost to at their place earlier that season, and much had been made about how the noise level in the Silverdome had gotten to the Skins. Thus, I think the FedEx crowd had something to prove. I remember Detroit got the ball first and everyone was standing. The first play from scrimmage one of our LBs (I think Greg Jones) blitzes and puts Frerotte on his butt and the place just went nuts. It just was all good from there as Stephen Davis was running like crazy and we built up a 27-0 by half. The second half wasn't as intense from a crowd standpoint as I think a lot of folks felt we had the game in had, and featured of course the Brad Johnson-Tre Johnson dustup with one of the Detroit guys. Still remember that when I got back home about 90 mins after the game, my ears were still ringing.....that might be the only time I've felt that after a game.

I mirror your feelings though Skinsallday....I was lucky enough to be at FedEx for the last home playoff game and it's safe to say even the big wins against Dallas never equaled the electricity in the stadium that night. The fans were pumped up and that 1999 team completely rolled over the Lions. It was awesome and I really really really hope to see it again.

I was at that 2005 win over Dallas and that's as close as I've seen FedEx to being a playoff atmosphere. It was CRAZY!! It was game 3 of the 5 game winning streak so fans were just starting to believe that it was possible.

The early success fueled the crowd and it was chaos up through halftime (28-0).

I can't even imagine what a playoff game would be like at FedEx!

Being 14, and moving here recently, I have never seen a playoff game at Fedex, much less been to one (I'm a season ticket holder). It has been one of my goals to watch the Redskins win a playoff game at FedEx, maybe even before college!

That'd be the Best!

We gotta take it one game at a time tho..

Yes the tickets will be able to be found, but they wont be cheap :(
Honestly, they were not that expensive! Nothing like the Dallas game. Part of it was, many, many season ticket holders didn't send their money in - especially the premium seat people. So the team had all these empty seats to fill. There was also eBay back then, and I just remember finding a ticket for my young daughter - it was very easy and reasonably priced - and that was back when the stadium was still around 80,000 or so.

Archived