Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Referee game schedule????

MRGIBBS

Another blown call for that crew...OUCH!!!! Maybe they need to be disbanded.

Yes, clearly a fumble last night. Wishy-Washy explanation he had....Did you see his face throughout the whole game? its like he wanted to go home and find a pillow. Thats all we need in a big game to have a ref 2nd guess himself and make a really, really bad call.

Give me a break.

You've been listening to too much Jerry Jones and his senile babbling.

Ed Hochuli is one of the better referees in the game, has been for awhile, and is only getting BS flack because of the Broncos call (which he tried to fix but the dumb blown whistle= automatic dead play rule wouldn't let him)...now he's got this target on him that even if someone in his crew makes a bad call, people blame him even though he's just the guy announcing it.

There's a reason he's been selected to work 2 Super Bowls, 5 conference title games, and was voted as the best head referee by 8 head coaches just last season.

He can ref any Redskins game he wants.

Oh dont get me wrong, I have seen lots of games officiated by Hochuli and I think he was/still one of the best out there, but I think his mindset currently is not healthy to officiate big games. He has some tough calls last night(again) that I think his crew missed(facemask) and that were also very controversial.

His face last night told the whole story as if he just didnt want to be there. It was like a look of "Oh, my god, here it goes again"

Give me a break.

You've been listening to too much Jerry Jones and his senile babbling.

Ed Hochuli is one of the better referees in the game, has been for awhile, and is only getting BS flack because of the Broncos call (which he tried to fix but the dumb blown whistle= automatic dead play rule wouldn't let him)...now he's got this target on him that even if someone in his crew makes a bad call, people blame him even though he's just the guy announcing it.

There's a reason he's been selected to work 2 Super Bowls, 5 conference title games, and was voted as the best head referee by 8 head coaches just last season.

He can ref any Redskins game he wants.

read my last post

You can argue the fumble call but the facemask to force a punt was in plain sight.

Not in plain sight to Hochuli.

There are five other referees on the field as well.

Saint fans that are complaining should instead be mad at Gramattica (face it, EVERYBODY knew he was going to miss that field goal), and the Saints D for somehow letting Gus Frerotte throw all over them.....

Oh dont get me wrong, I have seen lots of games officiated by Hochuli and I think he was/still one of the best out there, but I think his mindset currently is not healthy to officiate big games. He has some tough calls last night(again) that I think his crew missed(facemask) and that were also very controversial.

His face last night told the whole story as if he just didnt want to be there. It was like a look of "Oh, my god, here it goes again"

Don't blame Hochuli for the facemask, blame the NFL for stupidly changing the rule. Before, they would throw the flag, then decide whether it was a five-yarder or if it was flagrant. Now, the refs have to think about whether it was serious enough to warrant a 15-yard penalty while the play is going. it is not like they can drop a flag five seconds after the play, after they have thought about it.

I have seen a facemask in most of the games that I have seen this year that probably warranted a flag in the new system, but I have the benefit of replay, slow motion and probably a better vantage point to begin with. I do not like the new rule because mistakes have and will be made.

Not in plain sight to Hochuli.

There are five other referees on the field as well.

Saint fans that are complaining should instead be mad at Gramattica (face it, EVERYBODY knew he was going to miss that field goal), and the Saints D for somehow letting Gus Frerotte throw all over them.....

Correct. One non-call does not make or break the entire game. Grammatica blowing the kick, four turnovers, blitzing eight men and allowing Gus to throw that TD pass to Berrian...these are things that Saints fans should be upset about.

You can't put the blame for the facemask non-call on him.

I agree with him on the Peterson non-fumble call.

The man made a mistake, and did the right thing by standing for it. He's a good ref with a history of quality officiating. There are non-calls on damn near every down of every play. Lay off the guy already. I would have no problem with him calling one of our games.

There were schmucks this morning on the radio complaining about how long he took explaining calls last night.

He has always been that way, and people used to refer to it as a positive before the Denver-SD fiasco occured. Now thay make it seem like his explanation is just a way to cover his backside.

I just dont want him reffing a big game this year that involves us @ home after all he has been going through this year. Not saying he is a bad ref, and the only reason why I asked if there was a schedule out there on Ref's is that I can see which games he will be calling.

Apparently there is not a schedule.

Archived