Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Referee game schedule????

MRGIBBS

Ed Hochuli is one of the better referees in the game, has been for awhile, and is only getting BS flack because of the Broncos call (which he tried to fix but the dumb blown whistle= automatic dead play rule wouldn't let him)...now he's got this target on him that even if someone in his crew makes a bad call, people blame him even though he's just the guy announcing it.

There's a reason he's been selected to work 2 Super Bowls, 5 conference title games, and was voted as the best head referee by 8 head coaches just last season.

Back in the "old school" days, the top flight referee was Jerry Markbreit ... if he worked a Redskins game, I was confident it would be well officiated.

The most entertaining was Ben Dreith ... anyone remember that call in the third quarter of the 1988 game in Philadelphia? I don't know if I still have the VCR tape. It was freaking hilarious.

Anyway, I concur with all the accolades for Hochuli as a referee. He is the only one that thoroughly explains a call. Yes, he blew the call in Denver but he was also quick to "man up" and admit it. Indeed, he has a target on his back and, yes, it will cost him postseason opportunities. But many of the others are just plain idjits and/or don't say anything more than "after review, the call stands" and not adding some verbiage as to why the call stood.

:2cents:

Archived