Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama up by 10 points or more in 2 Virginia polls.

Cooked Crack

Absolute nonsense. Consider the number of papers, news sources, radio, and tv sources for news. What you are suggesting is that all those people are working together to get Obama elected.

Basically you make the 9/11 truthers seem calm and reasonable.

I have to also note that Ayers-Obama has been widely reported. What the media isn't doing is talking about it all day like the people you are getting your news from.

BTW - just a wild guess, you listen to political talk radio right?

What type of mindset goes to journalism school? What type of political outlook survives journalism school? Be honest. There is a group think in the MSM. The same that exists in Hollywood. They follow the same stories. Why did NBC have four reporters in Wasilla, Alaska, but no reporters at the University of Chicago looking at the documents stored for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge?

Yeah, I do listen to talk radio. And you get your news from Huffington or Daily KOS? New Republic? New York Times?

Regardless, if Ayers is no big deal, why is Obama trying to downplay him?

Plenty of people care about it. You're not hearing much about it because the MSM is in the tank for Obama. The fix is in. There are resisting reporting anything that could damage him.

Umm... the New York Times had mentioned the association 19 times. It's funny that last night on Fox News there was a documentary about Obama and these "radical" associations. If some of these so called left wing channels ran the same on McCain you guys would go crazy. Liberal bias this, in the tank for Obama that...

What type of mindset goes to journalism school? What type of political outlook survives journalism school? Be honest. There is a group think in the MSM. The same that exists in Hollywood. They follow the same stories. Why did NBC have four reporters in Wasilla, Alaska, but no reporters at the University of Chicago looking at the documents stored for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge?

Yeah, I do listen to talk radio. And you get your news from Huffington or Daily KOS? New Republic? New York Times?

Why? Because the University has already released the documents. But you know what they probably doctored those or didn't release the incriminating one, I think I am beginning to understand, now the entire education system is against conservatives, the Media, Hollywood, the UN, the pollsters anyone else I am forgetting?

Why? Because the University has already released the documents. But you know what they probably doctored those or didn't release the incriminating one, I think I am beginning to understand, now the entire education system is against conservatives, the Media, Hollywood, the UN, the pollsters anyone else I am forgetting?

You like this, don't you? You think you're being witty. You know that the bias is there, but you don't care because it doesn't effect your side. You're only 21, sometime down the road you may see things differently.

Good luck getting a job in an Obama economy. I won't be hiring.

What type of mindset goes to journalism school? What type of political outlook survives journalism school? Be honest.

How long did you spend in "journalism school"? Be honest.

There is a group think in the MSM. The same that exists in Hollywood.
You mean other than all the conservative actors/singers etc. They don't count.
They follow the same stories. Why did NBC have four reporters in Wasilla, Alaska, but no reporters at the University of Chicago looking at the documents stored for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge?
Because one is an ongoing investigation and the other is nothing more than an arguably failed school reform movement.
Yeah, I do listen to talk radio.
Lucky guess.
And you get your news from Huffington or Daily KOS? New Republic? New York Times?
Daily KOS and a major newspaper shouldn't be considered comparable. I've been a big time critic of "bloggers" being mistaken for news. They have no accountability or reputation.

As for me I get my news from my favorite sources most of the time. Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and multiple news networks including FOXNEWS. The Post/WSJ is an old habit from college that my Econ prof got me doing. Also it should be mentioned again THE "MSM" DID COVER THE CAC STORY AND HAS MENTIONED THE RELATIONSHIP MULTIPLE TIMES

Why do you think he's "downplaying" him? Maybe the relationship you imagine to be there isn't really there. They had contact, knew eachother... and what exactly?

Which bi-polar person are we dealin' with here? The guy who despises McCain or the guy who despises Obama?
Taking those type of directly self-contradicting positions, or presenting "multi-personality" responses (or "behavioral splitting") such as you portray in the quote, are not associated with bi-polar disorder. :)

However, the ignorant misuse of such concepts, and in the pursuit of making a personal attack not connected to the topic conversation are associated with unfortunate behaviors typical of other past posts of yours. :(

zoony has already given a directive on this and on related matters, so I will only further add as a general note that mod warnings are a beautiful thing for all IME---everyone should use them well. :D

You like this, don't you? You think you're being witty. You know that the bias is there, but you don't care because it doesn't effect your side. You're only 21, sometime down the road you may see things differently.

Good luck getting a job in an Obama economy. I won't be hiring.

No I am simply pointing out that not everything in the world is biased against righteous conservatives, and the persecution complex from conservatives is getting old. Take a shot at my age real nice, but I guess when you can't talk about the issues thats all you have. I may see things differently down the road but right now its pretty clear which candidate has more sensible substantial positions, and that candidate is clearly Obama.

I just don't see how McCain can win this election now. With the economy going into the toilet as we speak it will be almost impossible for him to win.

For the historians on this board when was the last time a party held the office with an election during the start of a economic recession? When it comes to presidential elections people normally vote with their wallet. What I mean by that is if you are doing better then you did 4 years ago and times are good you vote the incumbant party, if not you vote the other party. That is how I see it unfolding now.

We haven't met, but you sure do sound like a person who doesn't know much about how newspapers and other media outlets work. When you're far away from them, it's easy to fill in the many, many blank spaces in your understanding with the simple but incorrect notion that they're all just in on a group effort to do [fill in the blank]. Especially when your mind is being poisoned by talk radio, the bottom rung of the media ladder.

Some rhetorical cousins:

- "All those egghead academics don't understand how the real world works."

- "All those ignorant hillbillies just sit around swilling cheap beer and banging their sisters instead of improving themselves."

- "All those [Democrats/Republicans] are just trying to [whine/lie] their way out of using [the military/their brains] to help America. Morons."

Yes, and:

- "All those mainstream media goons are conspiring to get Obama elected."

Watching McCain cry and moan about the media coverage he has absolutely earned for himself, it's funny how much his whining sounds like Hillary's whining a few months ago. The evil media is sitting in a big room and finding ways to make people hate me. They aren't repeating my lies and doing my hard PR work for me, like they used to. Waaaaaaaaah.

The parallels are actually quite good. Both Hillary ("vast right-wing conspiracy"; "jilted but faithful wife") and McCain ("POW'; "Maverick Sidney McMaverick") once had the media eating out of their hands for years on end. But once they announced their presidential bids, each of them ended up revealing the sad depths to which they were willing to plunge in pursuit of a purely personal ambition to be president -- and damn the collateral damage.

- Putting lobbyists and crooks in charge of their campaigns

- Out-and-out condescension and scoffing at political rivals

- Boorish, arrogant behavior and erratic mood swings

- Incredibly transparent lies

There's no such thing as a perfect politician, and obviously Obama has a huge amount of personal ambition too. But he is MUCH better on these issues than either Hillary or McCain, and he has made decisions about the way his campaign is run that make it harder on him and easier for the American public to pick a president. Cutting way back on lobbyist influences, standing up on issues like Reverend Wright instead of just dodging and weaving the way Bill Clinton did... these are not pieces of the easy way to become president, and they make it very clear that Obama is a principled, thoughtful candidate. Especially standing next to the Real McCain we've all come to know lately.

All of this adds up to an easy truth: You don't need a "vast media conspiracy" to explain why McCain is trailing badly in the polls. He's simply the worse candidate.

McCain needs to turn up the heat. Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack.

What's funny about that is I like McCain, but I hate the attack campaign and Palin. For me I was leaning but on the fence until the RNC (McCain's previous move from center right to further right got me leaning, the hug fest with the right wing base and the palin pick pushed me over). We obviously differ in our views but I suspect there are a number of folks how, like me, get really turned off by the lack of substance, say it loud and often attack politics.

John McCain is a political coward and nothing but a selfish politician.

After what he went through in 2000, the type of sleaze thrown at him by Rove that tanked his campaign, to now come back and sell your soul and go politics first by lowering yourself to this level is truly sad.

I know the wingnuts love this kind of stuff, but McCain just looks like a feeble and desperate old man when I watch him now and clearly so do most people since his poll numbers are just cratering.

As for that America hating VP choice of his, her 15 min of fame are about a month away from finally being over (I weep for Tina Fey) and she can return to the backwoods with her witch doctor preacher, America hating/separatist husband and "home schooled" view of "history".

But the good news in all of this comes for the redneck would be son in law, maybe the shotgun wedding will be called off once she's off the national stage. Congrats Cletus.:cheers:

After 8 years of complete economic and foreign policy disaster courtesy of the GOP I'm stunned that there are actually people dumb enough to vote them back into power.

The scary thing is that there are voters out there that think Sarah Palin is the best thing since sliced bread and will walk off a cliff with their party loyalty. :doh:

Expect the polls for Obama to jump even higher after tonight. If McCain goes on the attack in front of these undecided voters ( as I expect he will) without talking about the economy, etc then he and his hockey chick will never recover from it. I expect to see this face tonight:

mccain-angry.jpg

Expect the polls for Obama to jump even higher after tonight. If McCain goes on the attack in front of these undecided voters ( as I expect he will) without talking about the economy, etc then he and his hockey chick will never recover from it. I expect to see this face tonight:

mccain-angry.jpg

"Thanks alot you little jerk".

"Get off my lawn!".

I hope he really loses it tonight.

A new game I like to play is look at what someone says and then guess which talk-show pundit is their favorite; their go-to.

For you I'm gonna say....Rush Limbaugh?

Am I right?

Which bi-polar person are we dealin' with here? The guy who despises McCain or the guy who despises Obama?

I never once said I despised Obama.

There was a time when I just felt like Obama couldn't win for a couple of reasons. He has since risen above that and I couldn't be happier.

You don't have to be a "nutjob" to know that Barack Hussein Obama is the most unqualified presidential candidate in U.S. history. This guy has been in the U.S. Senate less than 4 years and more than half of that time has been on the road running for president. He has ZERO major accomplishments and it appears his only talent is being able to read a speech off of a teleprompter. He's an empty suit.

And yet, while being called a terrorist enabler, a muslim, a racist, and even having him and his wife drawn as terrorist on the cover of New York Magazine, he still beat Hillary Clinton and is about to send McSame to the nursing home. It is amazing.

Plenty of people care about it. You're not hearing much about it because the MSM is in the tank for Obama. The fix is in. There are resisting reporting anything that could damage him.

Here's an idea: How about stop blaming the Main Stream Media for McSame losing gorund, and blame his party for screwing the country up so bad, that they would rather see a so called "empty suit" in office before a snitching "Country First" POW.

The "MSM" has been in effect for the last 8 years. I didn't hear all of this MSM crying the last 8 years? But all of a sudden tnow that the POW is gettign his but handed to him, it is the MSM fault. You guys cry more than T.O.!

Stop whining please.

We haven't met, but you sure do sound like a person who doesn't know much about how newspapers and other media outlets work. When you're far away from them, it's easy to fill in the many, many blank spaces in your understanding with the simple but incorrect notion that they're all just in on a group effort to do [fill in the blank]. Especially when your mind is being poisoned by talk radio, the bottom rung of the media ladder.

Some rhetorical cousins:

- "All those egghead academics don't understand how the real world works."

- "All those ignorant hillbillies just sit around swilling cheap beer and banging their sisters instead of improving themselves."

- "All those [Democrats/Republicans] are just trying to [whine/lie] their way out of using [the military/their brains] to help America. Morons."

Yes, and:

- "All those mainstream media goons are conspiring to get Obama elected."

Watching McCain cry and moan about the media coverage he has absolutely earned for himself, it's funny how much his whining sounds like Hillary's whining a few months ago. The evil media is sitting in a big room and finding ways to make people hate me. They aren't repeating my lies and doing my hard PR work for me, like they used to. Waaaaaaaaah.

The parallels are actually quite good. Both Hillary ("vast right-wing conspiracy"; "jilted but faithful wife") and McCain ("POW'; "Maverick Sidney McMaverick") once had the media eating out of their hands for years on end. But once they announced their presidential bids, each of them ended up revealing the sad depths to which they were willing to plunge in pursuit of a purely personal ambition to be president -- and damn the collateral damage.

- Putting lobbyists and crooks in charge of their campaigns

- Out-and-out condescension and scoffing at political rivals

- Boorish, arrogant behavior and erratic mood swings

- Incredibly transparent lies

There's no such thing as a perfect politician, and obviously Obama has a huge amount of personal ambition too. But he is MUCH better on these issues than either Hillary or McCain, and he has made decisions about the way his campaign is run that make it harder on him and easier for the American public to pick a president. Cutting way back on lobbyist influences, standing up on issues like Reverend Wright instead of just dodging and weaving the way Bill Clinton did... these are not pieces of the easy way to become president, and they make it very clear that Obama is a principled, thoughtful candidate. Especially standing next to the Real McCain we've all come to know lately.

All of this adds up to an easy truth: You don't need a "vast media conspiracy" to explain why McCain is trailing badly in the polls. He's simply the worse candidate.

:applause::applause: Shut down post.

Archived