Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poke Fan: "The Redskins have already shown everything they have"

Commander PK

Just thought I would let you guys know the newest excuse that I heard tonight. The Redskins "have shown everything they have, and we will pay for it later down the road." This comes from a co-worker poke fan of mine.

For me, if we were losing games, and didn't use every play in our arsenal to win them, that would be really dumb.

"I'm not showing this play, because it might work, and might help us win the game...but then the cat will be out of the bag?" :insane: :insane:

The normal excuses aren't working anymore, so now they have to come up with this drivel.

Just thought I would let you guys know the newest excuse that I heard tonight. The Redskins "have shown everything they have, and we will pay for it later down the road." This comes from a co-worker poke fan of mine.

For some more good excuses, and crying. Visit the cowboyzone.com & igglephans.com. Very entertaining to read what those idiots are posting.

Of course they have thrown everything in the bag every game so far. But it's up to the coaching staff to review tape of the upcoming teams and find more tricks for the bag. You don't come up with a set number of plays at the beginning of the year and eventually they will run out. That is asinine lol. Coaches look at tape and try to figure out ways to exploit the opposing D. That's what they are paid to do!

The normal excuses aren't working anymore, so now they have to come up with this drivel.

For me, I keep thinking back to the NFC Championship game at RFK in 83. It doesn't matter if they know what's coming. I dare you to stop it.

I remember Doc Walker & Big Jake talking about how when they were lining up across the Cowboys defensive line, they were TELLING them what was coming. "Counter Tre, counter tre." After each play, they would say later, they could hear nothing but laughter at the bottom of the pile of bodies because even though they knew what we were doing, they couldn't stop us. Kinda like now. Bwahahaha

What we have shown is that we can beat you every where. So you say you want to stop Moss. That's fine Cooley will have a 100 yd day and Portis will have a 150 yd day. So you say you want to stop Portis. Ok cool well Moss will have a 100 yd day and Randel El will throw a TD pass. Point is we have more weapons than what teams can defend. Just wait until Thomas gets the NFL down. Than defenses will be in big trouble. This team has not shown everything yet. Zorn is hand feeding a little more every week and guess what it's working. The Eagles and Cowboy fans can cry all they want. They're all just jealous that we have a team with heart and damn good coach.

That's a fascinating strategy from your Cowboy friend! So I'm guessing the idea is save your best plays for the playoffs, right? How's that worked out for them?

Ya know, I've actually heard that Romo sits to pee PURPOSELY fumbled the snap against Seattle to try to fake the Seahawks out for the win. I'm guessing, that's reaching DEEP into the playbook when you do something like that on purpose. Obviously, that play was tossed out as it does not work. :rotflmao:

I understand the sentiment, but you already saw a few changes today.

You saw how we tried the quick slant a few times or did the fake slant handoff. Most of the times we still were effective.

Im now waiting for the fake slant-go to moss.

I dont think this team will get complacent, especially zorn who will fine something to improve upon. I see the changing it up every week.

I went to my local Giant this evening during the 3rd quarter of the Cowboys/Bungholes game, and there was this car all decked out in Dallass flags sitting in the fire lane with 2 dudes inside it, i had my Skins jersey on.

One of them smirked something about the Redskins, and i just turned and said ..."If you all are such big Dallass fans, then why the f*** arent you somewhere watching the game SINCE ITS ON TV RIGHT NOW? They didnt say a word, i just rolled my eyes and said "BANDWAGONERS" and went inside.

Flipping tards.

Yeah, I can't stand the excuses. Everywhere I look I see cowboy fans saying that all we showed was that redskins could win if we played perfectly and the cowboys played their worst game in franchise history. They ignore that they only turned the ball over once and had just 15 penalty yards. Like crap if they were playing poorly, they just weren't in control of the game.

It serves precisely why the game is played. I love it. I don't doubt that the second half will be tougher than the first half - teams will have more film to look at and will pick up on whatever tendencies we show. But, Zorn hasn't unleashed his entire offense yet. He's giving Jason a lot to play with, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think it's hilarious. Apparently, all the teams in the NFL have a special batch of plays somewhere in their headquarters, locked up in a safe. A super secret safe, that only like 2 people know the combination to. They are being saved until an "important" part of the season, when those teams will whip them out. Reminds me of Fonzy's playbook in water boy. The other coach got a hold of his play book, and he never recovered. All his plays were in that book. He could never design another one. :rotflmao:

That's about the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Yeah I guess all those Clinton Portis runs are great trick plays. I mean we haven't even gotten a thing out of our rookie wideouts yet. Fact is now the NFC East comes through Washington.

i don't think it's true at all. there are a LOT of factors that people haven't considered.

1. we have 5 starters that are hurt.

2. our offensive rookies are either injured or playing sparingly and haven't yet been fully utilized.

3. we are still learning a new playbook.

4. we have played all of our divisional road games

5. we just faced the toughest portion of our schedule

what all this means is that even thyough only a fourth of the season has passed, we are 4 and 1 and can only get better.

That's about the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Yeah I guess all those Clinton Portis runs are great trick plays. I mean we haven't even gotten a thing out of our rookie wideouts yet. Fact is now the NFC East comes through Washington.

It still goes through New york but hopefully the next game at fed ex changes everything

i don't think it's true at all. there are a LOT of factors that people haven't considered.

1. we have 5 starters that are hurt.

2. our offensive rookies are either injured or playing sparingly and haven't yet been fully utilized.

3. we are still learning a new playbook.

4. we have played all of our divisional road games

5. we just faced the toughest portion of our schedule

what all this means is that even thyough only a fourth of the season has passed, we are 4 and 1 and can only get better.

this is the most amazing thing to me that we are 4-1. jason taylor hasnt been 100% all season and springs has been in and out all year. those were two guys that people were saying if they didnt play then our defense was dead in the water. our entire defensive unit from blache all the way down to the rookies deserve all the credit for their play and coaching, especially when shutting down four of the most explosive offenses in football.

We showed everything?

Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and Fred Davis have not had any major role, in any game, this season so far. Who is to say that Zorn is not holding them back for a reason? Knowing the fluff part of the schedule is coming up, we may not see much of them in those games. Once we start divisional games, again, whose to say we don't throw in multiple TE sets and the such, with the rookies? I see a lot more possibility than "having shown all our tricks".

Archived