Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Division Championship: Goes through FedEx

arkowi

Slow down, everybody.

The Giants are still the best team in the NFL. They have been killing people (including the Redskins), and have not lost a game, and are the reigning Superbowl champs.

The Cowboys still have more talent on paper than any team I can remember.

The Eagles still have three of the most dominant players in the league (McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins) and have one of the most difficult defenses schemes to combat in the league.

Any one of these teams could come to FedEx and beat us...and we have other difficult games as well.

We still will have to fight for everything.

Slow down, everybody.

The Giants are still the best team in the NFL. They have been killing people (including the Redskins), and have not lost a game, and are the reigning Superbowl champs.

The Eagles still have three of the most dominant players in the league (McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins) and have one of the most difficult defenses schemes to combat in the league.

Any one of these teams could come to FedEx and beat us...and we have other difficult games as well.

The Giants haven't played anyone yet. We played like scrubs the 1st game of the season. They still have 5 division games to play, Baltimore, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Carolina and Minny to go.

The opponents that they have faced so far are a staggering 5-12, while the teams we have faced are 15-8 through week 5.

We just stole the Cowboys and the Eagles lunch monies in their own houses.

So please stop with the Giants are the best crap. Until they actually get to the meat of their schedule, no one knows what they are made of.

Be careful-don't eat the cheese!

In all seriousness-your team has played outstanding since the opening day loss to the Giants(to be fair, it was their first game since winning the Super Bowl, so they had ALOT of emotions on their side, especially being on their home field). Zorn is running the offense AND exploiting matchups alot better than Gibbs II did. And Greg Blache is no slouch himself(he was a very good DC in Chicago too).

Really-how are you guys doing it?

Be careful-don't eat the cheese!

In all seriousness-your team has played outstanding since the opening day loss to the Giants(to be fair, it was their first game since winning the Super Bowl, so they had ALOT of emotions on their side, especially being on their home field). Zorn is running the offense AND exploiting matchups alot better than Gibbs II did. And Greg Blache is no slouch himself(he was a very good DC in Chicago too).

Really-how are you guys doing it?

Balanced offensive attack is the key I think. 167 rushes and 155 pass attempts so far through week 5.

Also the offense isn't overly complicated yet and is easy for Campbell to digest and execute. Zorn isn't asking him to do anything that he isn't capable of yet or hasn't got a firm grasp of.

The coaching staff has also done an excellent job (save week 1) of scouting for the opponents that they face each week.

Slow down, everybody.

I agree.

We've been fighting these last 4 wins anyways.

..one game at a time..

Anyone remember when we were 7-1 the Noob Bandwagon fans got full of ourselves and Darrell Green pointed out that we are as good as our record indicates and we mmissed the playoffs?
Yeah. But we played a lot of mediocre teams - and if you remember, we KNEW there were all sorts of problems with the team. We were 7-1, but we were fooling ourselves, and we pretty much knew it.

This is MUCH different. Our schedule has been tough. We are 4-1 with ZERO division road games on our schedule.

This is not Norv Turner's gimpy collapse-at-the-end, undisciplined team with players joking and laughing on the sidelines when things go wrong.

But, yeah, I agree. One game at a time. The team needs to get up for the Rams. It could be a easy let-down game.

HTTR

The Giants haven't played anyone yet. We played like scrubs the 1st game of the season. They still have 5 division games to play, Baltimore, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Carolina and Minny to go.

The opponents that they have faced so far are a staggering 5-12, while the teams we have faced are 15-8 through week 5.

We just stole the Cowboys and the Eagles lunch monies in their own houses.

So please stop with the Giants are the best crap. Until they actually get to the meat of their schedule, no one knows what they are made of.

We all play about the same teams, I'm sure if the Redskins are 7-1 going into the Pittsburgh game fans will be saying we haven't played anyone good in three weeks. I still think the Giants are the best team in the NFL, not just because they are beating the teams they are supposed to beat but beat us up just like we did the Cowboys and Eagles.

We are going to have our chance to even the score and move ahead of them, in time.

Can we please stop the 7-1, 8-1, 15-1 talk?!!

We need to beat the Rams first, and then move on to next game.

We are not the Patriots. (meaning we can't underestimate our next opponent)

I love when people say this. The team does need to look to only next week. We as fans can look as far ahead as we want. That's one of the nice things about being fans.

Nope and stop jinxing us Maddenites and new bandwagoners.

One effing game at a time.

Anyone remember when we were 7-1 the Noob Bandwagon fans got full of ourselves and Darrell Green pointed out that we are as good as our record indicates and we mmissed the playoffs?

Well,

NavyDave, thanks for calling me a bandwagoner. As a lifelong fan I really appreciate that.:rolleyes:

I guess since I am such a bandwagoning hanger on I would not remember the 7-1 (1996) season.

The whole point of this thread was that all 3 of our division rivals have to come into our house and play us now. The road does go through FedEx. We can make of it what we will between now and then, and once those games actually arrive.

It is nice to have the ball in our court for a change. :)

I love when people say this. The team does need to look to only next week. We as fans can look as far ahead as we want. That's one of the nice things about being fans.

Don't you know? the fanbase's collective "looking-forwardness" is channeled to Ashburn on a giant antenna which is fed to the players while they sleep. Every one of us needs to concentrate all week on the Rams, watch game film, and study our playbooks if we have any shot against them. :D

Nope and stop jinxing us Maddenites and new bandwagoners.

One effing game at a time.

Thanks Dave.

This kind of talk really scares me. :(

No until we beat the giants or they have a serious stumble, the East still goes through NY.

I was speaking more to the point that they all have to come play AT FedEx.

We just have to make sure those games count between now and then.

This isn't Norv's team we are talking about here, this team is for real and they're good. Stop living in the past and forget about when we were 7-1 back whenever the hell it was.

Get used to it because it's only going to get better.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory! :cheers:

Ignoring not learning from the past leads to idiots experiecing the same mistakes.

We are good not great.... yet. Stop thinking we are a jugernaut similar to the Patriots of last year, who still lost.

We aren't. We play mistake free football with little room for error for the time being.

Ignoring not learning from the past leads to idiots experiecing the same mistakes.

We are good not great.... yet. Stop thinking we are a jugernaut similar to the Patriots of last year, who still lost.

We aren't. We play mistake free football with little room for error for the time being.

I can totally agree with you.

Learn from the past for sure.

But don't forget to enjoy the present.

4-1 feels good!

Bring on the Lambs!

We can only dream that this will come to pass. I am not going to start counting my chickens before they hatch or anything. I am doing what the team has been doing over the past several weeks. I am taking it one game at a time. :ramsuck:

HTTR

Archived