Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday Night Lights tonight....

shuler74

I am one of the lucky ones who got to watch on direct TV without commercials. I actually vidiotaped the episodes to pass them around the office. Many watched. One more season then, sigh, we will be done.

Clearly one of the best shows on TV

• 11 months later...
I love this series and will be watching this coming Friday with mixed emotions. I have the DVR set up to snag as many of the ESPN Classic episodes that I can fit!

One of the best shows on TV.

I have the DVR set for Friday. It will be bittersweet, as I've really grown to appreciate the show.

I think part of the problem for ratings is that women think "Oh, it's a show about football, I don't want to watch that," when football is background to the stories about small town life, high school, and family dynamics. It's got the same mix for a TV drama that "Jerry McGuire" had for a romantic comedy. The women I know who watch the show love it, and they're anything but football fans.

Great finale...I will miss Dillon, the Taylors, and FNL.

Agree wholeheartedly..Very well done. It was fitting how they treated the game itself as a poignant but minor set piece for the whole program, running the whole thing in a silent montage.

[spoilerS below if you haven't watched yet...]

Then the cut mid-pass to... Philadelphia. How did the state final end? Oh yeah, the ring on Vince's finger - goose bumps.

I'll miss those characters, and the unforced, unhurried, yet compelling writing of Friday Night Lights.

Side note I found interesting... the main characters ended up in Philadelphia. The author of the non-fiction book "Friday Night Lights" was a sports editor living in Philadelphia before moving to Odessa Texas for a year to write the book. Is it just coincidence that they end up in Philly?

One of the best shows of the last 5 years. Fantastic characters. Sad that more people never got into it.

Also didn't hurt that a significant portion of the show was filmed in my neighborhood. It was always fun to watch the show and see how they change local businesses, bars, streets into Dillion, Texas. They did a great job of using real historic Austin locations. The last episode was filled with them.

The cast became normal Austin locals and always be out enjoying the city. It would be pretty normal for me to see Riggins at the coffee shop by my house a couple of times a month. The best part, he and his entourage always wore Dillion Panthers gear. :ols:

One of the best shows of the last 5 years. Fantastic characters. Sad that more people never got into it.

Also didn't hurt that a significant portion of the show was filmed in my neighborhood. It was always fun to watch the show and see how they change local businesses, bars, streets into Dillion, Texas. They did a great job of using real historic Austin locations. The last episode was filled with them.

The cast became normal Austin locals and always be out enjoying the city. It would be pretty normal for me to see Riggins at the coffee shop by my house a couple of times a month. The best part, he and his entourage always wore Dillion Panthers gear. :ols:

That's pretty neat, Duckus.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this because I finally, after all these years, have officially jumped on to the FNL bandwagon. I finished watching all 8 seasons of 24 and I needed a new show to get hooked on, so I watched the whole 1st season on Netflix and im now 2 episodes into the 2nd. What a great show so far. I wish I had gotten into it sooner so I could follow it week to week and be surprised, but Im doing a good job of not spoiling it for myself. I was very excited to find out that theres a movie in the works as well!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679274/friday-night-lights-movie.jhtml

Archived