Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Move Rogers to Nickle Back!!!

truskin4life

Rogers and Reed are responsible for 90% of our big plays against us. It drives me nuts every week I see them in the game. I know all of a sudden we have a ton of Smooooot haters, but the man is a playmaker! He brings a great swagger to the game. I have been hearing some people say Rogers might make the pro bowl...are you nutz! Rogers is a bust, its time to except it. I believe if we start Horton and Smoot and bring Wilson in on more passing downs, we will go from 14th ranked defense to 7 or 8. Let me know your thoughts. :eaglesuck

You my friend, do not have a football mind

Rogers and Reed are responsible for 90% of our big plays against us.

I'm very interested how you were able to come up with this stat, please enlighten me.

I believe if we start Horton and Smoot and bring Wilson in on more passing downs, we will go from 14th ranked defense to 7 or 8. Let me know your thoughts. :eaglesuck

Or MAYBE it has to do with playing the #2,3,4,5 offenses in a row to open the season. Having the #1 ranked defense =/ best defense and same for offense. It has just as much to do with who you play as how you play.

Our expectations SHOULD be low for Carlos considering his miraculous recovery from last year's season ending injury. The fact that he starts less than a year since his injury is nothing short of amazing.

That being said, no one is going to cut him any slack playing for what we think is a playoff calibre team. He's responded very well matching up against the likes of Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, TO, Plaxico Burress, and others. These are top WR's that give ANYONE trouble. Everyone gets beat sometimes that means Carlos Rogers, Champ Bailey, Darrel Green, whoever. The term shutdown corner is NOT literal.

Carlos was lights out in Big D. If Carlos isn't playing, we lose the last two games. His coverage of TO on those three straight plays was skin tight. Days like these make me thankful we have qualified coaches and not "fans" making personel decisions.

Rogers is a good young corner who will get better, he's not even close to a bust. The fact that he's on the field means Bubba and the training staff are really doing some cutting edge rehab.

Doughty was a problem and has been replaced by Horton for a good reason. If you're a SS and you can't cover a TE you're not good at coverage, period. PLus he has trouble tackling as well, not a good thing for a SS. But Rogers? Barking up the wrong tree man.

Rogers and Reed are responsible for 90% of our big plays against us. It drives me nuts every week I see them in the game. I know all of a sudden we have a ton of Smooooot haters, but the man is a playmaker! He brings a great swagger to the game. I have been hearing some people say Rogers might make the pro bowl...are you nutz! Rogers is a bust, its time to except it. I believe if we start Horton and Smoot and bring Wilson in on more passing downs, we will go from 14th ranked defense to 7 or 8. Let me know your thoughts. :eaglesuck

Disagree bro, on both counts.

IMO Rogers is better then Smoot at press man coverage and i'll give Smoot a slight edge at zone coverage. Did you see the series in the second half where Rogers shuts down TO?

IMO Horton has the potential to become a good NFL safety. But, look at the Cowboys game. Guess who got benched after giving up the Witten touchdown?- Yep, Horton and that's a fact. Horton also admitted to being partially at fault for another touchdown. Reed is a good safety the coaches trust him, i don't see why fans continue to bash/blame him.

:doh:

:cheers:

I

I thought this was a joke thread like some in the past...cause I was going to say something like I wish Jason Campbell would just get benched for Todd Collins or Portis needs to give Betts more carries...but this...wow this guy must not watch football much at all, cause I havent seen Rogers get Burnt once!!! WR are going to catch balls on you especially when they have all day to throw but what Rogers and Springs has done is crazy there 2 of the best CBs in the league...Smoot on the other hand needs to be the 4th CB

Guest isjoining
my thoughts are the same as both of yours.

after springs went out, rogers locked down TO with the exception of the TD pass, which wasnt entirely his fault. so yeah, hes a bust.

TO td catch was when springs was in there and covering him...

IMO Horton has the potential to become a good NFL safety. But, look at the Cowboys game. Guess who got benched after giving up the Witten touchdown?- Yep, Horton and that's a fact. Horton also admitted to being partially at fault for another touchdown. Reed is a good safety the coaches trust him, i don't see why fans continue to bash/blame him.

:doh:

:cheers:

I

I completely agree about Doughty. He may not be a spectacular player, but he is solid all around. The coaches feel comfortable with him back there and so do I. The coaches have also said that the "starter" label is not very important on defense. Most of the players will play and will be rotated, depending on what packages and schemes are being played.

That being said, I really like what I see from Horton. He is very physical and he sounds like a real student of the game. He'll come along, given time, and hopefully can be a long-term fixture here. (And Reed, too.)

I can't understand why you would suggest putting Rogers as nickel back? Have you been watching his play since he came back from that horrible injury?

The Dallas game alone should have given you confidence in his abilities as a major contributor to our CB personnel.

Archived