Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings Week 5

NeueRedskinWelle

Those ESPN Ass-kisser have their lips working overtime on Dallas's rear... that is total BS.... The Skins beat them in their crib and are ranked BELOW them?????? Excellent logic - way to go!

I usually dont care what the rankings say but I wanted the team to get the respect they deserve this week..... F ESPN.

How is Dallas ranked ahead of us in any kind of ranking system? Anyone who watched the game knows that we essentially dominated the whole game...the score did not indicate how much better we were than them.

Thus is true, but sometimes when you beat teams by 10+ points, it shows more to some people than having 100+ more total yards and winning by say 3-4pts.

ESPN has by far the worst rankings all the time....its not that i think we should necessarily be higher...but Dallas still at 3? Thats insane.

The perception and Power Rankings for a team SHOULD not change that much after 1 game.

Before the season started, the Patriots were predicted to go to the Superbowl. The Dolphins beat them 38-13. What does that mean? The majority will simply mark this down as a fluke.

Dallas is still considered the best team in the NFC. This SHOULD not change after one upset loss. The Redskins are considered an average team. This SHOULD not change after one upset victory.

This is why the Eagles are 6.5 point favorites. The Perception here is the Eagles are a better team than the Redskins. Also Philly deperately needs a victory, while the Redskins are coming off an emotional road division upset victory. The motivation here is with the Eagles.

Let's not forget 2005. The Redskins were 4-2. They were coming off a 52-17 victory over the 49ers. They travel to the NY Giants as 1.5 point underdogs. The Giants win 36-0.

To me, this Eagles game looks very similar.

The "hate" from ESPN is far overshadowed by the "hate" for the cowboys on these forums. :laugh::2cents:

The rankings a very fair. Remember this team was overlooked and started way back. We beat a very good Dallas team in their house. A great win, but one that still came down to the wire. It can be argued why we are not ahead because of our head to head matchup but I think I have more of a problem that the 3 undefeated teams are not 1,2,3. No matter who they played, they won every game and that says something in my book. You are what your record says you are.:cheers:

Why is when we beat top 10 teams, we sit back and say "we beat them, blah blah blah, they shouldn't even be in the top 5 or top 10" (12 I think is what I saw) but then when we have to defend our wins to others, it's "they were ranked 5th", "they were a top 10 team", "they have the 4th best offense in the league"

Just let it be already!!!!!!

The media is NOT on our side, most of america is NOT on our side... Who cares!!! If we keep winning, we shut them up! Do it with some dignity, and stop sounding like puke fans crying about what some guy who is either over paid to make controversy, or a retired player who just says what he can to get air time has to say.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

How is Dallas ranked ahead of us in any kind of ranking system? Anyone who watched the game knows that we essentially dominated the whole game...the score did not indicate how much better we were than them.

lol.gif

It doesn't make a damn bit of sense, does it? Oh well, as long as this team keeps looking great that's all that matters :point2sky

This seems to be too subjective.

Why are the Giants #1?

I am guessing it's because they won the Superbowl the previous season and they are 3-0.

Who have the Giants played? Redskins at home. Rams. And they beat the Bengals by 3 at home. To me, this is not impressive.

I predict the Giants finishing last in the division.

Archived