Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Children Sing Praises to Lord Obama

War Paint

For some reason I don't think you needed much of a "push". :)

Like Larry has said, I am a liberal conservative if you will. Pro choice, leave the gays alone if they want to get married, legalize it and keep your government off my lawn.

Adding trillions to the budget without addressing the existing problems we already face (taxes, invasion of privacy, under educated people, mass violent crimes, bull**** wars and an over reaching gov) just seems like empty rhetoric from a well dressed guy who can read a teleprompter with the best of them.

As far as being better in a debate than McCain, my old roommate once made Old John go running for his limo and had him admit he was a victim of mind control. And he was a dummy.

I'm sorry, but aside from it being kind of corny, I just don't get the 'hysteria' and talk of hitler, mind-control and whatnot. Its funny when you read this thread and THEN look at the video. Its almost laughable, but whatever... I just don't think ppl are really shaking in their boots and having visions of dictatorships and all. Well, not unless you really want to. I agree if someone is bringing up the issue of kids singing political songs, but I highly doubt they'll be in therapy and mumbling his name in a daze. lol!!

I dont like it' date=' but most americans wont stand for it. He can be dealt with if he became to much of a problem.[/quote']

Well, nothin' like a thinly veiled threat to really give this thread some pep!

Dang Cletus! Don't you knows you ain't 'posta be writin' this stuff whars peeples can see? You's so dang stoopit!

~Dang

I think some of the comments comparing this to the Hitler Youth is a bit much. The Hitler-Jugend was a program that took thousands of German youths and indoctrinated them into the German ideal, where many of them ended up serving the Reich as soldiers or in the state security apparatus. The Boy Scouts (of which I was a member) would be much closer to the Hitler Youth, especially with the emphases on athletics, skills, and various positive attributes of civic duty.

With that said, I think we should always be wary of indoctrination, especially when it comes to servitude to the State or a particular leader. In this case, while watching the video is akin to be "Rick Rolled," I am not sure if that is the case. Perhaps it's a bit questionable to use children within a political context, but I don't think this is an "Obama" cult as I have read on this thread (or when I Googled the video to learn more about the song's creator).

Some comments from other websites are already comparing this to North Korea, Iraq, and other totalitarian regimes, and I think that is very much a stretch. The irony is that some of the reaction's to this video is becoming a group-thought unto itself, with the same repeating of "Obamanation," "Obama cults," "Obama the Messiah," as if the counter-reaction to Obama is becoming a cult itself.

What an interesting counter-development.

If anything, this reminds me of a political song from Africa, where you sometimes see people singing some sort of campaign theme.

I think some of the comments comparing this to the Hitler Youth is a bit much. The Hitler-Jugend was a program that took thousands of German youths and indoctrinated them into the German ideal, where many of them ended up serving the Reich as soldiers or in the state security apparatus. The Boy Scouts (of which I was a member) would be much closer to the Hitler Youth, especially with the emphases on athletics, skills, and various positive attributes of civic duty.

With that said, I think we should always be wary of indoctrination, especially when it comes to servitude to the State or a particular leader. In this case, while watching the video is akin to be "Rick Rolled," I am not sure if that is the case. Perhaps it's a bit questionable to use children within a political context, but I don't think this is an "Obama" cult as I have read on this thread (or when I Googled the video to learn more about the song's creator).

Some comments from other websites are already comparing this to North Korea, Iraq, and other totalitarian regimes, and I think that is very much a stretch. The irony is that some of the reaction's to this video is becoming a group-thought unto itself, with the same repeating of "Obamanation," "Obama cults," "Obama the Messiah," as if the counter-reaction to Obama is becoming a cult itself.

What an interesting counter-development.

If anything, this reminds me of a political song from Africa, where you sometimes see people singing some sort of campaign theme.

You do not think there is an attempt to raise children to be part of the Democratic or Republican machine?

When children are raised in such a matter they will not be taught to listen to the other points of view, it is very difficult to help someone see that something that is so much a part of them may be wrong. I have come across people who were part of the Hitler youth and they still do not think Hitler was that bad of a person

No people who end up in Washington blaming the other side for all the problems in the world instead of seeking solutions

DR, you seem to be arguing that the whole idea of parents raising their children democrat or republican like them is a new thing. That's been going on since there have been political parties. Kids raised in a democratic household are going to be inculcated with a democratic world view from an early age. Kids raised in a republican household are going to be inculcated with a republican world view from an early age. Nothing sinister about it, even with the horrifying video of children singing a song.

The other point is that the inculcation doesn't always stick. Ask Hillary Clinton's parents. Check Ronald Reagan's background.

So really, don't panic because some kids dressed up in T-shirts and sang a song. The Republic won't crumble.

DR, you seem to be arguing that the whole idea of parents raising their children democrat or republican like them is a new thing. That's been going on since there have been political parties. Kids raised in a democratic household are going to be inculcated with a democratic world view from an early age. Kids raised in a republican household are going to be inculcated with a republican world view from an early age. Nothing sinister about it, even with the horrifying video of children singing a song.

The other point is that the inculcation doesn't always stick. Ask Hillary Clinton's parents. Check Ronald Reagan's background.

So really, don't panic because some kids dressed up in T-shirts and sang a song. The Republic won't crumble.

You had kid raised in households but there was not childrens books written when I ws younger demonizing one side or the other

There were no news stories about parents having their children wear shirts taking a shot at the president or presidential candidates

What we are seeing is a whole new level partisanship being driven into children

Archived