Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just wanted to give y'all a gentle reminder...

md20j

... 1986: Giants win the Super Bowl

... 1990: Giants win the Super Bowl

... 2008: Giants win the Super Bowl

HAIL!!!!

JB

When I first heard that, I thought it was a spurious statistical coincidence.

But now, with the news about Plaxico's offseason troubles and our recent success, it's getting to be eerie.

Stop this thread...... No jinxing us... Its been in the back of my mind since summer... And okay ill admit I have like 3000.00 in an account reserved strictly to buy tickets to a certain game in early FEB if say said team wins say said NFC championship game ... I'll be on ebay right after it! booking a hotel.

When I first heard that, I thought it was a spurious statistical coincidence.

But now, with the news about Plaxico's offseason troubles and our recent success, it's getting to be eerie.

And if I recall, the 1991 Giants sort of imploded as well. The current Giants team is 3-0 of course, but Plax's problems off the field don't help things for them. We'll see how things go down the stretch, but I think that as the season wears on the losses of Straham and Umenyora will add up for them.

and the other part of that was that we played the same opponents as the G-men... but i reallllly doubt the Patriots will be our opponents this year... maybe a rematch with Buffalo or Denver :)

You know... I didn't even think of that! Good point...!

JB

Well if we were to go in cycles, after the first Redskins superbowl victory, the Cowboys didn't reach the NFC Championship game for a decade ;)

ya know, something I found interesting is that the NFC East likes to try to out-do each other. The year after the Giants beat the Broncos by 19, the Skins beat the Broncos by 32. Then the year after the Giants beat the Bills by 1, the Skins beat the Bills by 13. And then of course, the Cowboys beat the Bills by 35. Anything you can do, I can do better. :silly:

Don't think I haven't been thinking about that all off-season. Gosh wouldn't that be amazing? Then we could hear all winter and spring about how whomever we beat would have "lost the Super Bowl" rather than us winning it.

:rotflmao: For real.

Archived