Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot is Batman

eljeasel

It also left teammates making cracks at his expense, with fellow cornerback Carlos Rogers holding up fingers on the sideline to see whether Smoot could still count.

"He was back in Ashburn when he got up," Coach Jim Zorn said. "I think he thought he was on the practice field."

"I did," Smoot agreed. "Then I looked up and we were in Texas Stadium, so it was time to play some football."

Smoot admitted he was "out of there for a minute" after the collision, and joked he initially thought he was Batman when he got up

. holy_something_batman_6_15611_5419_thumb.gif

"I was clueless; you could have called me a blonde," he said.

The cornerback went back into the game and was credited with a tackle on Dallas's final drive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092802909.html

I think Smoot is hillarious. If this is true at all that is one of the funniest football moments Ive witnessed. Knee to the head knocks him out. Trainers go to see if hes ok.

"Fred, Fred? you alright?"

"Im Batman"

More like Fred Smoot is bad, man.

I'm glad that he's okay, but he's been pretty awful this year.

I disagree. I haven't noticed poor play from him considering he's our third best corner.

It's shouldn't shock people that Fred Smoot gets injured every few tackles. What is he, 160 pounds tackling guys at least 50 pounds heaver?(EDIT: There's no way he's 185 like his profile says. I'll give him 170 max)

I disagree. I haven't noticed poor play from him considering he's our third best corner.

It's shouldn't shock people that Fred Smoot gets injured every few tackles. What is he, 160 pounds tackling guys at least 50 pounds heaver?(EDIT: There's no way he's 185 like his profile says. I'll give him 170 max)

He bites on that double move every single time. Every, single, time. Yes, I'm happy that he's not giving up a big play, but if it's third and four and I want that first down, then I'm throwing a button hook to Smoot.

He used to be good, but I don't know what the hell happened.

I like Smoot... Glad he was not hurt badly. But I was puzzled he was hurt to begin with. How did he get concussed? Looked like a clean leg wrap to me... anyone?

He got clocked by Crayton's knee or thigh, it was enough to knock his helmet off, so i figured that was why.

He bites on that double move every single time. Every, single, time. Yes, I'm happy that he's not giving up a big play, but if it's third and four and I want that first down, then I'm throwing a button hook to Smoot.

He used to be good, but I don't know what the hell happened.

I'd have to guess you have TIVO or just pay attention to Smoot a lot, so I won't argue with you. I will say though, that he's had poor stretches in the past just to bounce back with an outstanding game.

I just watched the replay and after Smoot's helmet came flying off he smacked his forehead on the turf. He needs to keep that thing strapped on tighter absolutely no reason a football helmet should fly off like that.

That is what I saw too. It was the turf that did the damage not another player. He only had one strap on when he was running to make the play. He needs to get that thing on tight.

Archived