Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry is the heart of our defense

shk75

Yesterday's game against the Cowboys just once again proved that Landry IS our defense. This is a quote from a Dallas paper about the game;

"The Redskins jammed the line, and Garrett went upstairs. Most teams don’t invite Romo sits to pee and Co. to beat them. Washington did. And for whatever reason, although you can think of a whiney ones, the intent of the Cowboys seemed to be forcing the ball into the hands of Eldorado Owens. I’ll count it up later, but best guess is 20 passes were aimed in the direction of Eldo."

With him playing back there and not allowing anything to go deep we frustrate the hell out of teams and it is amazing the difference that one player can make.

I think London Fletcher is.

obviously I wasnt the only one that saw this
Just because someone agrees with you doesn't make you right. If that's your argument, then, I'm sorry.

Easy you 2, I've got a solution. Gregg Blaches is the heart of this defense. With LaRon as the aeorta valve, and Fletch as the Vena Cava. Gregg Blache's defense (the heart) isn't functional withouth LaRon (the aeorta) and London Fletcher (the vena cava).

There, now all are happy!

I still say Fletch is the heart. But LaRon is probably the next important thing....Like the lungs or something.

bingo! Fletcher is by far the most important cog on that defense. love LL...but even in pass defense.....it suffers greatly when SS isn't in there. SS played lights out on TO until he started cramping yesterday.

London Fletcher

A steady veteran and dependable leader, London Fletcher stepped into the middle of the Redskins' defense in 2007 and led the team with 164 tackles (94 solo). He also scored his second career touchdown in 2007 when he intercepted Arizona's Kurt Warner and raced 27 yards for a score in a Redskins' 21-19 victory. Fletcher has proven to be one of the most durable players in the NFL. He has played in all 160 contests of his 10-year career, starting 144. Entering 2008, he has started 119 consecutive games, which ranks eighth among active players and fifth among defensive players. Fletcher has logged 100+ tackles for nine consecutive seasons.

If you want to know who the heart of our defense is just read this:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/09/london_fletcher_says_its_time.html

Coach Jim Zorn essentially gave the Redskins Monday off after the spirited win over Dallas. Middle linebacker London Fletcher, however, put out the word that he expected his teammates on the defense to be around Redskins Park to review film and sort out some mistakes. Fletcher expressed his expectation that guys come in on their own to watch the game tapes, and they are obliging.

"I just wanted to make sure defensively, we got that film watched," Fletcher said. "In wins you can overlook a lot of mistakes that were made that could cost you down the road and we had our fair share of mistakes as good as we played. We need to end the halfs better and also start the third quarter. Those are areas we're struggling with."

I tell u who is the heart of this defense its Sean Taylor still. Even tho he is not with us physically he is in spirit. His spirit flows thru all of them and they are all playing lights out. But the player right now who is keeping them in check is London Fletcher. Dude is beast man. Freaking reminds me of the Jack Hammer Ken Harvey. London Fletcher is a freaking beast man no stopping him.

Come on...Laron Landry is the heart of our defense? You really have got to be kidding me. London Fletcher is a definition of a ball hawk. Go to NFL.com and see who is #2 in tackles. The guy RUNS our defense on the field and wherever the ball is, you see #59 almost every time. Not taking anything away from LL either, the guy is phenomenal, covers a huge part of the field and is very crucial in our defense. But London Fletcher is definitely the guy.

Come on...Laron Landry is the heart of our defense? You really have got to be kidding me. London Fletcher is a definition of a ball hawk. Go to NFL.com and see who is #2 in tackles. The guy RUNS our defense on the field and wherever the ball is, you see #59 almost every time. Not taking anything away from LL either, the guy is phenomenal, covers a huge part of the field and is very crucial in our defense. But London Fletcher is definitely the guy.

ball hawk (plural ball hawks)

1. (baseball) an outfielder who is particularly good at defense, especially one who is particularly good at fielding fly balls.
  2. (sports) In team ball games, a player who is particular good at catching or getting possession of the ball.

It kinda bugs me when people misuse 'ballhawk' in football. Antonio Cromartie is a 'ballhawk'.

:2cents:

I respectfully disagree. I think that it hurts this defense more to have Landry out of the lineup than Fletcher.

I'd probably have to go with Fletch as the "heart of our defense" but LL is probably the most gifted and just as important, but in different ways. If you recorded it, watch the game against the Cards where he knocked the ball out of Fitz's hands on the deep pass in the end zone. It may have looked, at first glance, like a "good pass breakup" but if you watch it again slowly you'll see how amazing that play was. LL timed it perfectly, went up and over Fitz, and knocked the ball out of his hands right as he was catching it...all without drawing a penalty. There are very very few DBs in the NFL who could have done that, especially against an elite WR like Fitz.

I respectfully disagree. I think that it hurts this defense more to have Landry out of the lineup than Fletcher.

Well i definitely here what your saying. It's really a toss up I change my mind cause It's hard to make a decision when you here the LL side. Here's to having them BOTH on the field the entire year without missing a game together. :cheers:

Well i definitely here what your saying. It's really a toss up I change my mind cause It's hard to make a decision when you here the LL side. Here's to having them BOTH on the field the entire year without missing a game together. :cheers:

Now that is something I can toast to as well :cheers:

I don't think he is the heart of our defense...go back and look at the T.O. TD and telling me what Landry was doing during that play...

he was lining up to tackle TO, then Springs hit TO from behind, which knocked TO forward (out of LL's path) and into the endzone. when they showed the view from the goal line camera, that was pretty clear.

You can't fault Springs for attempting to tackle his man (even forward) but you DEFINITELY can't fault Landry for it either. Springs pushed TO out of Landry's way like you would push a scared child out of the way of an oncoming Mack Truck!

he was lining up to tackle TO, then Springs hit TO from behind, which knocked TO forward (out of LL's path) and into the endzone. when they showed the view from the goal line camera, that was pretty clear.

You can't fault Springs for attempting to tackle his man (even forward) but you DEFINITELY can't fault Landry for it either. Springs pushed TO out of Landry's way like you would push a scared child out of the way of an oncoming Mack Truck!

2:26 into this video, tell me what he is doing..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b33912

Archived