Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pass rush

Ant15fromNJ

Fellow Extemers that game today was amazing beating Dallas but I am not liking our pass rush at all. Our defense has to start to get a pass rush or soon we will be doomed becuase of not having it. At the end of the first half and on cowboys two minute drive we let them drive down on us and got TD's. I think we have 6 sacks all year not positive. Hopefully when Jason Taylor will be back Sunday and chase down McNabb all day long!

Fellow Extemers that game today was amazing beating Dallas but I am not liking our pass rush at all. Our defense has to start to get a pass rush or soon we will be doomed becuase of not having it. At the end of the first half and on cowboys two minute drive we let them drive down on us and got TD's. I think we have 6 sacks all year not positive. Hopefully when Jason Taylor will be back Sunday and chase down McNabb all day long!

Yes and no, our Secondary and LB's held their own! The pukes OL are 320 or more on average, we didnt have Taylor and I think the OL held their own.. most of the time! Even if you did get free at the LOS Homo is too good on the run, I am glad that he stayed in the pocket tonight because their receivers fell short of the SB caliber team they are suppose to be.... Either way F Dallas LOL

Here's the problem... most of Romo sits to pee's stats seemed to come when we only had three or four down linemen and dropped everyone else back. That simply won't work against a team with excellent pass protection and a mobile, somewhat elusive QB unless you have a line resembling what the Giants had last year.

Our DEs actually seemed to get around the corner very well but we had no push up the middle so Romo sits to pee could just step up in the pocket to avoid them, move around a bit, and buy plenty of time for his receivers to get open.

Carter was getting pressure today. He drilled Romo sits to pee good at least one time that I recall. The Pukes are supposed to have one of the better O-Lines in the league. We did get some QB knockdowns and hurries just not the sacks. I think when JT comes back healthy will get a lot more sacks. Golston seems to get penetration and with both AC and JT coming off the edge will have opposing QB's tasting turf in no time.

We got to Romo sits to pee a few times, but he does a great job of avoiding the rush and getting the ball out JUSt before he is hit. It really is uncanny and part of what makes him such a great QB, as much as I hate to say it. Dallas also has a very good offensive line. Not to mention we were without Taylor.

I would have liked to see more pressure, but I'm not freaking out yet. Through the first 3 games I thought our pass rush was acceptable. Getting Taylor back will definitely help/

We need to utilize the LB's in more blitzing situations. The bears and eagles just showed each other how effective it is.

Sure, but not teams such as the turds, too much fire power... the front 4 put on enough pressure they needed to! What most people miss is the 2dnary and the LB"s in coverage that made most of the plays happen!!

payattention.gif

Dallas' O-line is one of the biggest and the best at pass blocking in the league.

Add to the fact that with Evans at DE, we were basically playing 3 DT's and Carter against them. We also did very little blitzing, as our safeties were playing alot of man to man against TE's and when they weren't, they were in their cover 2 positions. All of this making it appear that they were manhandling us.

Blache's system does not bring alot of pressure from exotic locations in the defense like Williams' did, so you're going to see 4 d-lineman against 5 o-lineman quite often.

Guest isjoining

didn't see a whole lot of blitz from the safeties or linebackers during the game too, I'm pretty sure the redskins were rushing 3 or 4 most of the time.

To be fair Dallas's offensive line is huge and good and pass protection IMO Our DL is built more on speed

and wont be beating many people 1 on 1

Well, the important thing is to make plays. While pressure was lacking, we did pick one off and it 47 passes for Dallas to get that 300 yard day. The best offense in the NFL only got 344 yards, almost 110 yards less than what they average. Dallas is only allowing 1 sack per game.

Carter was getting pressure today. He drilled Romo sits to pee good at least one time that I recall. The Pukes are supposed to have one of the better O-Lines in the league. We did get some QB knockdowns and hurries just not the sacks. I think when JT comes back healthy will get a lot more sacks. Golston seems to get penetration and with both AC and JT coming off the edge will have opposing QB's tasting turf in no time.

Under Grilliams, we wanted to play defense such that passes were thrown at an angle such that they would just harmlessly fall to the ground or get caught with no ability to advance the ball while shutting down the running game so they need a minimum of 7 or 8 yards when they pass. Meanwhile, don't let them get behind your DBs. This is what we did today. This strategy is very frustrating to a big play offense and is likely to cause it to implode.

I thought we rushed quite well actually. Romo sits to pee moves well in the pocket and is difficult to sack so you have to take that into account, but I also though Chris Wilson was getting a good rush around the edge that kept forcing Romo sits to pee up into the pocket. I alo thought Carter had a couple of good rushes from his end and really tattooed Romo sits to pee on one play. What we need is a pass rushing DT to bring it all together but I'm quite pleased with our depth at DE.

Make no mistake we might be lacking in sacks but sacks alone do not equal a good pass rush...Romo sits to pee was pressure most of the night and was forced several times to make errant throws...we do need to up the D-line created pressure more consistently but IMO our pass rush has been more often good than non existent

Archived