Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pass rush

Ant15fromNJ

Fellow Extemers that game today was amazing beating Dallas but I am not liking our pass rush at all. Our defense has to start to get a pass rush or soon we will be doomed becuase of not having it. At the end of the first half and on cowboys two minute drive we let them drive down on us and got TD's. I think we have 6 sacks all year not positive. Hopefully when Jason Taylor will be back Sunday and chase down McNabb all day long!

yeah our pass rush isnt the best. then again, the cowboys have one of the best (if not THE best) O-line in the NFL right now...and we were missing Taylor. next week would be a good time for our pass rush to show up because the Iggles are going to be passing a lot more then they will be running.

So we stop the run well, and people complain about pass rush. We pass rush well, so people complain about the run D. You can't always be strong at both. Without Jason Taylor in we still did a good job of pressuring Romo sits to pee into throwing early or just making bad throws, and we completely stifled the run.

I don't have any complaints about the DL today because they did something that the Eagles and Packers and their vaunted pass rushes couldn't do, which is stop the Cowboys. Some of you really need to realize that while pass rush is important, it isn't the end-all be-all to a succesful D, and the Skins just showed that. Enjoy the win and relax.

So we stop the run well, and people complain about pass rush. We pass rush well, so people complain about the run D. You can't always be strong at both. Without Jason Taylor in we still did a good job of pressuring Romo sits to pee into throwing early or just making bad throws, and we completely stifled the run.

I don't have any complaints about the DL today because they did something that the Eagles and Packers and their vaunted pass rushes couldn't do, which is stop the Cowboys. Some of you really need to realize that while pass rush is important, it isn't the end-all be-all to a succesful D, and the Skins just showed that. Enjoy the win and relax.

i agree, but you cant be good at one at suck at the other, you gotta be balanced, and i think we are balanced enough. our secondary really showed up, so that really helped

For many seasons now, we haven't ever gotten good pressure from our pass rush.

It's been largely due to how good our secondary is.

Quarterbacks can get 5 seconds to throw the ball, but our secondary will keep their recievers covered that whole time.

Hopefully Jason Taylor can get healthy and make their job easier.

true, but i think it will be the same next week, the eagles have a similar line if not bigger. blache needs to work on it

Eagles OL isnt as good as the Cowballs. But we definitely need to get at least 2 sacks a game especially in critical times. But if we can get close and bat down some passes thats just as effective.

Archived