Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man--does it feel great to have a Modern NFL Team

Ji

First of all, I am an idiot for judging this team after one regular season gave. I never gave Zorn or Campbell a chance based on what I see in preseason and against the Giants but I have been so wrong.

The offense is so modern, its hard to believe its the Redskins running it. Defenses are constantly off balance..the wide receivers are always open..running game is been strong...play calling has been brilliant. We dont look disorganized down the stretch. We are using our timeouts wisely. Its so refreshing.

Today was one of the top 5 wins of my life. Nobody gave us a chance and to win in Big D against the team everyone has already given the Title too is like a dream.

Thank you Zorn and Campbell. And for the first time ever, I really felt good for Dan Synder today. He has been through so much and it appears that this hiring has something special all over it.

I have never seen a team or player(JC) turnaround so quickly.

If Dallas is the best team in the league and we just beat them in their backyard...what does that make us?

Well i never thought the cowboys were the best in the league....just the media....

But if we beat them then that must mean that we should be recognized as the best, at least in the NFC...

Theyre never gonna refer to us as THAT team though....to many HATERZ!!!! lol

If Dallas is the best team in the league and we just beat them in their backyard...what does that make us?

It means we can play with the best. Honestly, I dont think we are better than Dallas, but we arent far behind either. We are definitely a play-off CALIBER team, now we just have to find a way to get in with such a tough division. But if we keep winning that will work itself out. A win next week in Philly would be a HUGE step.

It means we can play with the best. Honestly, I dont think we are better than Dallas, but we arent far behind either. We are definitely a play-off CALIBER team, now we just have to find a way to get in with such a tough division. But if we keep winning that will work itself out. A win next week in Philly would be a HUGE step.

Scoreboard. :D

I think the Skins are better! Consider the fact that the Cowboys have been running the same offense for the last 3 seasons and our defense stop them in all phrases of their game. And our offense ran at them at will. To me, that says you are better!

`

You realize that every player that blocked or touched the ball today on offense was hand-picked by Joe Gibbs, right? These were the players that many mocked on this board.

Remember these ditties:

"How could Gibbs trade Coles for Moss?"

"Why did Gibbs bring in Thrash?"

"Running backs like Portis are a dime a dozen, but corners like Bailey come along once in a decade. Gibbs is nuts for making that trade."

"Why trade draft picks to move up and draft Campbell when Ramsey is the QB of the future?"

"Who is Chris Cooley?"

"The old man doesn't know anything about personnel"

By "modern," you weren't taking a swipe at Gibbs, were you?

By the way, the running game that was used today is the same one, with the same personnel, that Gibbs brought with him.

You realize that every player that blocked or touched the ball today on offense was hand-picked by Joe Gibbs, right? These were the players that many mocked on this board.

Remember these ditties:

"Why did Gibbs bring in Thrash."

"Running backs are a dime a dozen, but corners like Bailey come along once in a decade."

"Why trade draft picks to move up and draft Campbell when Ramsey is the QB of the future?"

"Who is Chris Cooley?"

The running game that was used today is the same one, with the same personnel, that Gibbs brought with him.

playcalling, no more of that rubbish counter trey, even though portis scored on his first touch while running it, he didnt even go the direction was meant to. zorns more aggressive and you need that in todays nfl. teams can score at will, he plans to win the game, not to lose it:applause:

playcalling, no more of that rubbish counter trey, even though portis scored on his first touch while running it, he didnt even go the direction was meant to. zorns more aggressive and you need that in todays nfl. teams can score at will, he plans to win the game, not to lose it:applause:

You mean I could have run my kid's high school team out there in Dallas and Zorn would have coached em up?

Why is Snyder wasting all this money on players?

You realize that every player that blocked or touched the ball today on offense was hand-picked by Joe Gibbs, right?

It is only fair to remember that Joe put this team together but I add that he was limiting their potential with his conservative style. Jim Zorn is making better use of them. (So far.)

Remember these ditties:

"Running backs like Portis are a dime a dozen, but corners like Bailey come along once in a decade. Gibbs is nuts for making that trade."

"Who is Chris Cooley?"

You also have to remember he traded a 3rd round pick for Brunell, refused to trade Ramsey for a first rounder or Ogunleye, traded a 3rd and 4th for TJ Duckett, traded a 3rd and 4th for Brandon Lloyd, drafted Manuel White and Nehemiah Broughton to backup Chris Cooley...

I appreciate the character and culture he brought and even his coaching in 2005, but his GMing... Not so much...

Remember these ditties:

"Who is Chris Cooley?"

By the way, the running game that was used today is the same one, with the same personnel, that Gibbs brought with him.

Good points, but the modern NFL game had passed Gibbs by. Yes, these are the same players from last season, and FINALLY they have a coach who isn't holding the team back with ultra-conservative play-calling like running up the middle on first downs. The turning point of the game today came in the 2nd quarter with the Skins leading 14-7. Dallas had just punted, and on the FIRST PLAY of the drive, Zorn calls on Campbell to throw the bomb to Moss. This kind of play-calling today shook the foundation of Texas Stadium. A few plays later, the Skins are up 17-7. Unlike coach Zorn, Gibbs would have sat on the 14-7 lead with a series expected runs up the middle, and Dallas would have only trailed 14-10 at half-time. I still see Gibbs as a living legend, but he got into a bad habit of playing "not to lose," and you, me, and all of Redskins nation knows it.

It is only fair to remember that Joe put this team together but I add that he was limiting their potential with his conservative style. Jim Zorn is making better use of them. (So far.)

This is exactly right. A Gibbs-coached team would not have beaten dallas today, and might not have beaten arizona or new orleans either. This team is so much better without Gibbs coaching that it's not even funny. Sadly, this is the exact reason why I was praying for Gibbs to retire, and it looks like I was right. The talent has been here for a few years, but we finally have someone that can use it. It's also nice to see that our great defense is no longer wasted on a piss poor offensive scheme.

Remember these ditties:

"Who is Chris Cooley?"

I understand what you are saying and agree partly. No one can deny the foundation that Gibbs' has built here. however you also cant deny that Gibbs was way too conservative with this offense.

Gibbs was an offensive mastermind in the 80s. However the decade he was out of football the game evolved a lot and people built on his offensive philosophy. Gibbs came back with an outdated offense and it didnt work.

Zorn is making the best of what Gibbs has built.

So thank you to gibbs for building it and thank you to Zorn for utilizing it properly.

Guest sith lord

I don't agree with that. We beat them in their house.

Archived