Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCain asks that Friday debate be postponed to focus on financial crisis

Cooked Crack

NEW YORK - Republican John McCain says he's directing his staff to work with Barack Obama's campaign and the debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

In a statement, McCain says he will stop campaigning after addressing former President Bill Clinton's Global Initiative session on Thursday and return to Washington to focus on the nation's financial problems.

McCain also said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington. Both he and Obama would attend the session

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907/

If I'm Obama, I just come out with a simple statement:

I am fully capable of doing my part in this financial crisis and at the same time debating John McCain on the issues. I believe the President will be called on everyday to show his ability to deal with several different tasks at the same time, and I plan to start doing that now.

I am fully capable of doing my part in this financial crisis and at the same time debating John McCain on the issues. I believe the President will be called on everyday to show his ability to deal with several different tasks at the same time, and I plan to start doing that now.

Nice Tulane. Thats a pretty good response.

Pretty much.

If McCain was so concerned about putting Country First why didn't he announce this earlier? He's known about it since last week.

Archived