Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Insider: A Note from the Sports Editor

Jino

God I want to punch JLC is the balls so effin bad! Nice job trying to sweep what he did under the rug there...but his douchiness can't be hidden that easily! I think Dan and Vinny should invite him to a secret meeting on Redskins 1 and push him out somewhere over the Atlantic!

JLC, I'd like you to meet westcoasthog :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Click link for entire article

A Note from the Sports Editor

Emilio Garcia-Ruiz asked me to share this with you:

We've had some calls and emails about statements made today by Vinny Cerrato, who said on his radio show that Post reporter Jason LaCanfora had called "the league office to charge us with tampering."

Jason did not "charge" anyone with anything. He called the NFL's public relations staff last week to ask how the league's anti-tampering rules would come into play if Vinny Cerrato answered a question during his new radio show about a player or coach under contract to another team. Sports radio hosts are often asked these sorts of questions, and we were curious whether Cerrato would be limited in the way he could respond by virtue of his position as a team GM.

Jason did not make any sort of complaint whatsoever. (In fact, reporters cannot charge teams with violations of NFL rules. Only other teams can file charges like tampering.) He referred to Cerrato's questions about Raiders coach Lane Kiffin only to provide context for the question he was asking. He did not write about the issue.

We called the league today to confirm that Jason had not charged the Redskins with tampering. Here's what NFL spokesman Michael Signora had to say: "Jason LaCanfora called our office and said that Vinny Cerrato was talking in specifics on his radio show about the Raiders' coaching position. Jason wanted to know if that could possibly be a tampering issue. Jason has been told that there is no general prohibition against publicly talking about another team's players or staff. It routinely occurs throughout the league."

Well what exactly do you call that? So he just called up the league office for ****s and giggles? Because, if you ask me, the statement that the NFL spokesman made pretty much nullifies the excuse that the editor is trying to make (that JLC called for hypothetical or context related issues and not trying to accuse Cerrato of tampering), and completely calls JLC out. I'm sorry, but the editor's excuse is complete bull ****. The NFL spokesman verified that JLC said that "Cerrato was talking in specifics about the Raiders coaching position" and then he asks if that could be tampering? But, But, But, he only referred to this to provide context for the question he was asking. Right JLC. Gimme a break.

I didn't tell on my little brother about taking a cookie from the cookie jar. I just asked mommy if he was allowed to do that :doh:

JLC=King of the Douche Bags

Thanks Mr. Editor for the "Maybe they'll really buy this b.s."

What a crock of ****!

That is a great way to put it.

Here's what NFL spokesman Michael Signora had to say: "Jason LaCanfora called our office and said that Vinny Cerrato was talking in specifics on his radio show about the Raiders' coaching position. Jason wanted to know if that could possibly be a tampering issue. Jason has been told that there is no general prohibition against publicly talking about another team's players or staff. It routinely occurs throughout the league."

Sorry, but thats completely different than what the editor says. The league says that JLC called and snitched on vinny and asked if it was tampering. Thats a snitch! He was trying to get Vinny in trouble. Now he's on my **** list.

If your upset about the Post coverage of the Redskins here is what you do...

Note any businesses that places ads in the paper you trade with should be told how unhappy you are to see them supporting a paper involved in unprofessional practices.

If you think that the Post is ok in this pursuit then tell JLC and his editor you support his inquires.

As for me this smacks of making news instead of repoting it JLC, I am disappointed... your better then this.

He's an effin snake! SSSSSSSSS The Post must LOVE how much pub it gets from us hating on JLC. Every time we talk about it its like free advertising. I hate the Post and I hate JLC

Thats my main problem with this being such a story here at Extremeskins. It just boosts the hate. So next time he writes a negative story on the skins, we're all gonna be like "guess what he said" and run and read it and criticize him.....meanwhile his ratings are gonna go through the roof because people are gonna be reading his stuff.

I wish there was a way we could get him fired, but I doubt there is, so I guess we're stuck with him.

Wow.

This is the oldest trick in the book. You create a strawman and attack it.

Nobody is complaining that JLC formally charged the Redskins with tampering, thus defending this claim on a technicality is both irrelevant and disingenuous. We are upset that a Redskins beat reporter who many have long believed to have a grudge vs the regime took action which could directly or indirectly harm the team.

Now defend that Sports Editor.

No, we're pissed because somebody LIED on the Redskins trying to charge them with tampering, when it obviously wasn't. The fact that he's a lousy, pissed, fat, lazy 'reporter' is just a side comment for our amusement.

Sounds like he was behaving like a good "reporter" (a very different job than being a "fan").

Nah, a good reporter would read the rule book. A LIAR or SNITCH or somebody trying to cause trouble would call the league and say "I just wanted to check if this was tampering"

Thats why THE LEAGUE CALLED VINNY LAUGHING AT JLC!!!

The sad thing here is that JLC and the Post have no idea what things like this mean to the fans of the team. It is truly disheartening when things like this happens. I do not see it as a jab against Vinny or Dan. I see it as a deliberate act against the team and the fans.

Jason,

I seriously hope you visit ES and read this. And, if you do, please write about it. Your editor just executed the most transparent example of CYA in DC's history. And that comes at the tail end of Bush's term. Because of you, my children will never use the Post again as a cited source for school reports. I could not ,in good faith, have them rely on the Post for accurate information. Because of you, I'm advising members of my family to start buying the local paper in my area INSTEAD of the post.

I'm sure you huddled in some office when you called the league and shook with anticipation. You must have fully thought that Vinny had certainly done wrong and wanted the team to be fined or lose draft picks. That certainly would have been a victorious blow for the Post. You and the editors could have sipped champagne together afterwards. Meanwhile, the players and the fans would have been the real ones to have paid for it.

Please, please resign. You have proven that you care not for the fans or players of this team.

If Vinny Cerrato said something on the first day of his radio show that could be considered a violation of NFL tampering rules, would that be considered a big news story?

He didn't and I think he has been around the league, as an executive and analyst, long enough to know what he can and cannot say with regards to tampering. Even if he did say something borderline, I would hope the NFL found out either through the agents of another team or through their own efforts. Not because the hometown beat reporter decided to be a little tattling douche and called the league offices simply because no one associated with the Redskins organization wants anything to do with his bitter ass.

Archived