Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cards-Skins Game, Sitting by "That Guy"

RedskinNutt

kind of backwards saying you arent gonna be dramatic about it but then posting it on a message board.

and douche? really? thats where you go with it? :doh:

Big Mike, I already apologized to the guy for my tone (in public and PM), so it's squashed..I definitely shoudn't have gone that route.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but message boards are the arenas for the passive aggressives, is it not? Posting it here, with my cute little avatar and call sign (does anyone use their real names here when praising or bashing someone) gives me the autonomy to mention something I saw without facing true wrath. I could've done something about it live, but then I wouldn't have said anything here on this board.

Posting someting on the message board under the name RedskinNutt might be the less dramatic thing a person could possibly do.

I'd just like to add that, while on defense, 3rd downs for that matter, with 50 + % of my section standing, I've been told by the people behind me to sit down because "how are we going to see if you're standing". In that situation, I sit down just to not cause a scene or an arguement but it bothers me to no end. It's 3rd down, a **** ton of people are standing.....stand up, STFU or go home you *******.

They should teach proper fan ettiquette in grade school. "It's 3rd down, a **** ton of people are standing.....stand up, STFU or go home you *******" should be an answer on the final exam.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but message boards are the arenas for the passive aggressives, is it not? Posting it here, with my cute little avatar and call sign (does anyone use their real names here when praising or bashing someone) gives me the autonomy to mention something I saw without facing true wrath. I could've done something about it live, but then I wouldn't have said anything here on this board.

You are correct in that statement, but it is also the arena for others to clown people for making whiny-assed posts.

Yesterday there was someone in the front row who was standing the entire time and I think someone (not me) used the text message system to get him to sit down...that seems to work really well because out of nowhere an usher appeared and said "someone wants you to sit down, if we have to come down here again we'll kick you out." They sat down except for big plays and everyone was happy.

I don't care if someone stands up and yells and cheer and jeers real loud while the team is on defense because you need to distract the visitors offense....i do it myself. Always stand on 3rd downs because they are very often a big play. If it's a good play on 1st down I stand up with everyone else after the play is over. But you don't need to stand every play of the game and during TV time-outs, or start jumping up and down and screaming and high-fiving when CP gains two yards on a carry up the middle.

This is one reason I don't like going to games.

I understand that you standing in front of someone may ruin their view and their enjoyment of the game, but it's a two way street. Contstantly being pecked at to sit down is a bit of a buzzkill I'd imagine.

Luckily, the one game I went to I had a wall to my back so I could stand as much as I wanted to. I never sat down!

Yesterday there was someone in the front row who was standing the entire time and I think someone (not me) used the text message system to get him to sit down...that seems to work really well because out of nowhere an usher appeared and said "someone wants you to sit down, if we have to come down here again we'll kick you out." They sat down except for big plays and everyone was happy.

I don't care if someone stands up and yells and cheer and jeers real loud while the team is on defense because you need to distract the visitors offense....i do it myself. Always stand on 3rd downs because they are very often a big play. If it's a good play on 1st down I stand up with everyone else after the play is over. But you don't need to stand every play of the game and during TV time-outs, or start jumping up and down and screaming and high-fiving when CP gains two yards on a carry up the middle.

Was that the first row in the end zone??

Went to the cards game yesterday, sat in 227, row 19. To my right (226) was "that guy"

Dressed in a Landry jersey, and sporting what looked like milk dudes for a necklace, this character made a point to stand the entire game. Now, I don't mind the uber fanboy, screaming "defense", or "let's go redskins, let's go" or even stomping on the steps, but this guy took it to new levels.

There were several people behind visibly bothered by his actions. Everyone else who stood during the game got the customary "down in front", but this guy went unscathed. He would turn around from time to time and drunkingly (alleged) high five everyone, thinking by doing that, is overzerlousness would be excused.

I noticed that the people behind him were special needs, and did not appeared to be bothered...they would just look at the TV the whole time and participate in the high fiving. Another couple however, were less than pleased and I believed said something to him.

I don't know, I've been a fan since I was 10, and I yell, stomp and all that stuff, but I'm also respectful. I felt this guy was out of line. I also thought very few people were willing to say anything because he was young and DARE I SAY, either black or hispanic. Anyone sit in that area familiar with this guy? Your thoughts.

What does his race have to do with it? I sit in 227 row 18,and i think I know who you were talking about. But race has nothing to with it, that was the first time i saw that guy in 3yrs of having those tickets.:2cents:

DButz is the douche for not stealing the Directv dish from the foreclosed house next door to him and hooking a brother up...I still got some more pics of the blonde as soon as you deliver...:cheers:

but seriously, I have an issue with the people that have to get up every 2 mins to go do something more important then watch the game. I raised my voice at the milf in our section yesterday and told her there was a game going on...

Plus I like to make people wait right before a play starts so they have to turn and look at the field..like they really care whats going on in the game, if they did they wouldve not tried to get me up out of my seat right before the play starts...

I really can't stand cheerleaders. I usually prefer watching the games at home for that reason, sure I get up and cheer and make noise but the overzealous fan gets old really quick.

Keep your ass at home then. If you want to pay money to sit down and dine on your wine and cheese you REALLY shouldn't be at the game.

Let the young people make the noise and leave the old farts at home.

Keep your ass at home then. If you want to pay money to sit down and dine on your wine and cheese you REALLY shouldn't be at the game.

Let the young people make the noise and leave the old farts at home.

Kindda expect this response from stafford. People do to enjoy the game and cheer on the team. But I agree with the OP there are the occasional random fans that feel like its their job to scream and do stupid **** from the 400 level. Obviously if its a big play and the fans are involved then stand, cheer, yell. But on random first downs relax and enjoy the afternoon.

I knew this thread would get heated at times. Standing at the stadium seems to be a serious point of contention around here.

I think standing and the selling of individual games by season ticket holders are the two issues that could bring ESers to blows.

Cause sitting and selling are busch.

Went to the cards game yesterday, sat in 227, row 19. To my right (226) was "that guy"

Dressed in a Landry jersey, and sporting what looked like milk dudes for a necklace, this character made a point to stand the entire game. Now, I don't mind the uber fanboy, screaming "defense", or "let's go redskins, let's go" or even stomping on the steps, but this guy took it to new levels.

There were several people behind visibly bothered by his actions. Everyone else who stood during the game got the customary "down in front", but this guy went unscathed. He would turn around from time to time and drunkingly (alleged) high five everyone, thinking by doing that, is overzerlousness would be excused.

I noticed that the people behind him were special needs, and did not appeared to be bothered...they would just look at the TV the whole time and participate in the high fiving. Another couple however, were less than pleased and I believed said something to him.

I don't know, I've been a fan since I was 10, and I yell, stomp and all that stuff, but I'm also respectful. I felt this guy was out of line. I also thought very few people were willing to say anything because he was young and DARE I SAY, either black or hispanic. Anyone sit in that area familiar with this guy? Your thoughts.

I sit in 226 row 23, and I know exactly who you mean. He was out of line a bit, although he never got into it with me so I didn't pay him much attention. I'm not sure why nobody didn't say anything about him, but speaking for myself someone would have to be really out of control for me to complain. As I said, he never got in my face, so he didn't bother me too much. He just appeared to have had too much to drink, that's all.

The "special needs" folks to which you alluded were sitting next to me. The one guy was definitely a bit "slow" so to speak, but I think he was also on the feminine side. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but at one point he left the section, and he asked to get by me by putting his hand on my rear end. I told him that if he ever touched me like that again he'd get a fist on his nose.

My advise RN,

1. If the guy is standing ask him to sit down......it happened to me in 2007 (ironically at last years Cards game) and even though it did annoy me that nobody wanted to show any fan support that day, I did. Some people also get either a) overzealous or B) don't realise that they are blocking others. And do it politely......The "hey douche sit the **** down" isn't going to solve anything.

2. If the person ignores you or tells you to piss off; or you'd rather not confront the person get an usher...... The Redskins have upped fan response by the staff and hell they even shown how to reach them by phone or text TWICE during the game yesterday.

And yes, they are responsive and are doing a much better job of fan support than the last few years.

Archived