Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East: 8-0 vs rest of league

CliffBattles

Yeah, Michaels and Madden both said something about it. Said best division by far over everyone else. Like, not even close. It is prideful. It's like how SEC football fans feel about their conference. Or how us UNC fans feel about the ACC. We hate all the teams in our conference/division, but know that even our worse team is better than other conferences' best.

I feel ya, the rest of the NFC east is a bunch of scumbag pieces of ****e but I'm prideful the Redskins compete with them in such a division. Had to watch the afternoon games at an Eagles bar(I'm glad it didn't end up with fights, maybe if filthadelphia had lost) but enjoyed seeing that when the 'Skins are tops, they will be the cream of the best crop.

i def agree its a pride thing, although i HATE everyone else in the division, it is nice to to let the other fans kno how awesome the nfc east actually is. I was actually watchin first take and on first and ten they were talking about how the nfc east is the best division in all of sports....... cowgirls are next, HAIL!!!!!!!!

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

i def agree its a pride thing, although i HATE everyone else in the division, it is nice to to let the other fans kno how awesome the nfc east actually is. I was actually watchin first take and on first and ten they were talking about how the nfc east is the best division in all of sports....... cowgirls are next, HAIL!!!!!!!!

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

And they are right. I can't think of any other divisions in pro sports as good.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10980493

PS : Someone on another forum tried to make the argument that the AFC South was a tougher division than this. But

it's hard to make a case with Jacksonville off to an 0-2 start, David Garrard dodging pass rushers and Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew averaging 2.8 yards a carry and failing to combine ... combine ... for 100 yards.

Then, of course, there's Houston, and I'll always take the fourth-best team in the NFC East over the Texans. Of course, I'll always take the fourth-best team in the NFC East over the weak link in any division.

Kansas City? Oakland? Miami? Detroit? St. Louis? You name it, I'll trump it with the NFC East.

A division with the Texans isn't better than the NFC East. No way.

This is why i am not excited yet. The redskins can have a good season and finish 4th easily. Beating these average teams like the Cardinals and Saints will likely mean zilch since teams like the Cardinals will probaly win their division.

Its almost like playing in the NBA western conference. You go through hell and then have no home court in the finals.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10980493

PS : Someone on another forum tried to make the argument that the AFC South was a tougher division than this. But

A division with the Texans isn't better than the NFC East. No way.

My Indy friends had been trying to make the case that that was true, but after today, that argument has no leg to stand on and they knew it and conceded that the NFC East is indeed the shiznit. :dallasuck:cheers:

All four teams are also undefeated at home. If this goes on for the entire season, we'll all be 13-3, and through some crazy tiebreaker, one of us won't make the playoffs. That will really suck.

Would it be based on strength of schedule, or opponent's records? Either way, I think that leaves the Giants out in the cold in that (highly unlikely) scenario.

If the 4th place team in the NFC East is 10-6 it may be enough to get the NFL to add a 7th playoff spot. It's already been thought about because of the 10-6 teams that did not make the playoffs in the AFC the past few years, but a 10-6 team in last place of a divison would be just added ammo for those that want it.

Yeah, Michaels and Madden both said something about it. Said best division by far over everyone else. Like, not even close. It is prideful. It's like how SEC football fans feel about their conference. Or how us UNC fans feel about the ACC. We hate all the teams in our conference/division, but know that even our worse team is better than other conferences' best.

Couldn't have said it better. I hate the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles, but it's a good feeling knowing you're in an elite division.

Archived