Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you defeat skins

wpenn1

So I'm sitting here imagining Campbell in the film room when Zorn comes in and says Jason how would you defense yourself if you were the cardinals. When Jason answers, Zorn tells him well you need to work on that(I need a life dont I).

But it made me think, how would I beat the skins.

On offense I was thinking I would blitz alot but as I recall the last two games I think the line has given good protection and would blame most of the sacks on Campbell. Therefore I would stack the line to stop the run and I would have my corners be very physical with the smaller receivers and double cooley.

On defense I was thinking i would attack the smaller corners with larger recievers until the skins did something to stop it and would utilize my tight ends especially if doughty is in game. Overall though I couldnt think of many weaknesses on the defense.

I would also be very aggresive on special teams. Punt team would definitely be looking to strip randle el on returns because there is no fear of him going upfield and i may go after a block on the young punter.

So what would you guys do?

ps just cause you know how to beat a team doesnt mean you can actually do it?

Power runs up the gut and tell your QB to do some play action when you see Landry in the box and Reed as the single safety.

But you need a power back like the giants have to gain some real yards.

Put pressure on Campbell and jam the skins first and second reads which usually are Moss and El. This causes the skins to go 3 and out putting a lot of pressure on the defense. The defense breaks down and gives up long runs and passes.

But putting Jason in the shotgun has helped immensely with this problem

Power runs up the gut and tell your QB to do some play action when you see Landry in the box and Reed as the single safety.

But you need a power back like the giants have to gain some real yards.

Put pressure on Campbell and jam the skins first and second reads which usually are Moss and El. This causes the skins to go 3 and out putting a lot of pressure on the defense. The defense breaks down and gives up long runs and passes.

But putting Jason in the shotgun has helped immensely with this problem

Exactly what I would have said, but much, much better.

Run the ball on Jason Taylor's side all day

considering that the cards run game is weak and jason taylor is now healthy and flying all over the place, i dont think thats a good idea.

i would do the obvious thing which is to use their 2 big WRs, try to get them 1-on-1 with our corners and throw them the ball. on defense i would blitz a lot, try to stop portis and get pressure on campbell, and try to force turnovers.

I would tell my corners to jam the WR as much as possible, hold them and try not to get caught with penalties, I would tell all my line and ends to rush Campbell and throw him off sync. Get him flustered mentally from the get go and let him crumble on his own.

As far as playing against the Defense, good luck... Washington D Rocks, I really the D is going to get us into the playoffs. If Campbell plays mistake free for the most part, the D will do their job.

Defense:

Until we see JC consistently doing what he did to NO, I'd say try to take away our run game and generate consistent pass rush. Until we prove different (by being successful over multiple games), expect us rarely to convert 3rd and longs so put us in lots of those. Don't get down if we get in the red-zone, our inability to execute goes all the way back to 2000!

Offense:

Don't make mistakes. A Blache led defense has a history of taking advantage of opponents errors. Remember that despite being totally dominated at NY in the first half, we only gave up 10 points. The defense was two dropped interceptions from holding the Gaints to just 10 points (and probably giving us 7 more). Stay out of 3rd and longs, Blache loves to come at you hard.

Against the offense I would play the run and shift a safety toward Santana. Make Campbell beat you.

Against the defense I think you just have to execute well. I do think our weakness is short and intermediate passes, particularly to RBs out of the backfield and TEs across the middle (Doughty territory). Establishing the run is great, but you try to do that against pretty much every team.

Archived