Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty is a Class Act And So Is Coach Z!

Hitman#21

That is just awesome, how the heck did you do the brilliant piece?

Pencil and 11x14 drawing paper. I always have enjoyed drawing and last year I decided to start creating some work of my favorite athletes to see what I could come up with. I knew Chris drew from his website so I sent and email and gave him a copy of the drawing as well. It didn't take more than two weeks and it was at my front door signed. It's definitely one of my best pieces of memorabilia.

Oddly enough I ended up winning the beard contest from his blog, as you can see by my sig, and I ended up meeting him anyway so I really didn't need to send the drawing through the mail but the experiences were great.

Pencil and 11x14 drawing paper. I always have enjoyed drawing and last year I decided to start creating some work of my favorite athletes to see what I could come up with. I knew Chris drew from his website so I sent and email and gave him a copy of the drawing as well. It didn't take more than two weeks and it was at my front door signed. It's definitely one of my best pieces of memorabilia.

Oddly enough I ended up winning the beard contest from his blog, as you can see by my sig, and I ended up meeting him anyway so I really didn't need to send the drawing through the mail but the experiences were great.

Man, that drawing is just gorgous. Congrats on winning the contest and meeting cooley! :cheers:

I hate to say it, but if Reed Doughty was on that field instead of Chris Horton on Sunday, we probably would have lost the game. While I think Doughty makes for an awesome and inspiring story, I don't think he has the tools necessary to make a great strong safety. He doesn't seem to have a "nose for the ball" like Horton.

My two cents,

Rex

Every ball Horton got ended up in his hands. It's not like he ball hawked. The fumble was out there for an eternity. The two INT's were tipped right into his hands. Now you can't take anything away from his performance but it's not like he ball hawked. He was in the right place at the right time for two plays and the third, nobody realized it was a fumble and he ran and picked it up.

Congrats to the OP.

Classy move sending Horton a congrats note, Mayers.

OP asked if anyone else has heard from Redskins after sending fan mail. A couple of weeks after Zorn was named HC, I sent him a card congratulating him on the new job and welcoming him to DC and the Redskins. I only wanted him to feel how much the Redskin fans love their team and to welcome him to the Redskin family. I never even considered that he might write me back, so I was stunned when I got a note from him. It was a few sentences, nothing long, but I will keep it forever.

Every ball Horton got ended up in his hands. It's not like he ball hawked. The fumble was out there for an eternity. The two INT's were tipped right into his hands. Now you can't take anything away from his performance but it's not like he ball hawked. He was in the right place at the right time for two plays and the third, nobody realized it was a fumble and he ran and picked it up.

Try Carlos "mr slick hands" Rogers ... There have been a number of balls that have hit him in the hands and he has dropped the ball!

Like the thread title say's, CLASS ACT.

Nice to know our players are grounded and humble enough to take the time to reply to the fans who put them on the pedestal that they enjoy.

That attitude being continually drummed into them wouldn't have something to do with a certain football Coach now assisting in some PeeWee league would it?..... :)

Quality Mr Doughty. :applause:

Hail.

Doesn't he deserve some credit for being in the right place at the right time? Eventually players lose their athletic ability and all they have to rely on are their instincts and ability to be in the right position. :2cents: I also think Doughty will lose his starting spot before the end of the season.

Like the thread title say's, CLASS ACT.

Nice to know our players are grounded and humble enough to take the time to reply to the fans who put them on the pedestal that they enjoy.

That attitude being continually drummed into them wouldn't have something to do with a certain football Coach now assisting in some PeeWee league would it?..... :)

Quality Mr Doughty. :applause:

Hail.

Ye Thats exactly what i was thinking! :)

That's very cool! Reed is a class act!

Ye He is!! :cheers:

Don't know about the picture, but your sig makes my eyes bleed.

Philly fan eh? :)

I hate to say it, but if Reed Doughty was on that field instead of Chris Horton on Sunday, we probably would have lost the game. While I think Doughty makes for an awesome and inspiring story, I don't think he has the tools necessary to make a great strong safety. He doesn't seem to have a "nose for the ball" like Horton.

My two cents,

Rex

Negativity man! First off you don't know that we would have lost the game. Everybody has their moment of glory by being in the right place at the right time and it was Horton's time.

You should actually be glad that we have 2 safeties that will bust their balls to win for this team but instead, you have to belittle one of our own players, a Redskin......:doh:

So what's your opinion of Carlos Rogers? Be honest.

My two cents,

Rex

Horton looks good, but Doughty's had a few good games.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents,

Rex

I hate to tell you, but if you look at the play where Horton picked off Romo sits to pee. Landry, Doughty and Horton where all on the field. So he was on the field and we still won the game.;)

Archived