Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty is a Class Act And So Is Coach Z!

Hitman#21

So i decided why not write a letter to the defensive player who i admire the most on the Skins. i sent my favorite picture of Reed and to my suprise i get a letter back from him in 5 days with the Picture signed. This man is a class act, heres a pic of the signature and i just started the thread to show my appreciation to Reed and to find out if any of you had luck from getting any mail or stuff signed from a Redskins Player or coach?

That's cool I guess. Just curious...Why do you admire him the most out of all our defensive players?

Good question, i love Landry Jason T, Marcus, arter, Smoot and Fletch, and of course #21 but, ever since Reed has steped on the field hes played with this intesity and seems to have a love for the game which i trully admire. Hopes that helps answer the question.

Good question, i love Landry Jason T, Marcus, arter, Smoot and Fletch, and of course #21 but, ever since Reed has steped on the field hes played with this intesity and seems to have a love for the game which i trully admire. Hopes that helps answer the question.

I hate to say it, but if Reed Doughty was on that field instead of Chris Horton on Sunday, we probably would have lost the game. While I think Doughty makes for an awesome and inspiring story, I don't think he has the tools necessary to make a great strong safety. He doesn't seem to have a "nose for the ball" like Horton.

My two cents,

Rex

I hate to say it, but if Reed Doughty was on that field instead of Chris Horton on Sunday, we probably would have lost the game. While I think Doughty makes for an awesome and inspiring story, I don't think he has the tools necessary to make a great strong safety. He doesn't seem to have a "nose for the ball" like Horton.

My two cents,

Rex

We just dont know becasue he wasnt out there, Horton was absolutley amazing though on sunday and he will be in the mix now.

<OLS>

I was wondering if the OP was just HH posting under a different name. But you're probably right, I gotta feeling Reed's gonna be getting some weird **** in the mail soon from the President/Founder/CEO of the "RD Fan Club"!

:)

:) You caught me, no im just another very big Reed Fan :cheers:

Congrats, OP. Reed does seem like a very classy guy. It's been said in about 1,000 articles regarding Horton's first start that Reed went out of his way to send him a text message to warn him about his playing. He made sure to tell the rookie he was confident that he could handle it.

That's not just class, it's also called leadership. Who knows how much that little thing might have calmed the kid down, and helped him get the pre-game jitters out of his system that much faster?

Just out of curiosity, how did you know where to send the letter/pic? Did you just address it to Redskins Park ICO Reed Doughty, or what?

Wanted to write to a Redskins player once when I was a kid.....any player, just to see if they'd write back. I chose Raleigh McKenzie because I figured his fan mail wasn't overflowing :)

Sure enough, he wrote back and said he loved playing for the Redskins, that they were an A-1 class organization. It was a very nice little note. It made my day, and it's one of the few things from my childhood that I've held onto.

HH is going to hunt you down and force you to submit that picture with repeated RHKs to the face!!

Actually, my girl skinslove hooked me up. She got Reed's auto for me at Late Night last week. :)

Good stuffs there, Hitman. And thanks BRD for pointing out the text message Doughty sent Horton. IMO, he was passing on what he got from Sean Taylor. Just that little "Hey kid, I believe in you," can work wonders.

Congrats, OP. Reed does seem like a very classy guy. It's been said in about 1,000 articles regarding Horton's first start that Reed went out of his way to send him a text message to warn him about his playing. He made sure to tell the rookie he was confident that he could handle it.

That's not just class, it's also called leadership. Who knows how much that little thing might have calmed the kid down, and helped him get the pre-game jitters out of his system that much faster?

Just out of curiosity, how did you know where to send the letter/pic? Did you just address it to Redskins Park ICO Reed Doughty, or what?

Thanks I sent it to Redskins Park and wrote Attention Reed Doughty at the top! :cheers:

So i decided why not write a letter to the defensive player who i admire the most on the Skins. i sent my favorite picture of Reed and to my suprise i get a letter back from him in 5 days with the Picture signed. This man is a class act, heres a pic of the signature and i just started the thread to show my appreciation to Reed and to find out if any of you had luck from getting any mail or stuff signed from a Redskins Player or coach?

Damn i wish i could do that but i wouldnt even kno whom to address the letter. Congrats on that; it shows alot of class on Reed's behalf (either that or he felt jus as honored as u did cuz he knows he's not the most "popular" redskin).

Two seasons ago, i got my hat autogaphed by Chris Cooley and my football autogarphed by Joe Gibbs. This was a FedEx Field for fan appreciation day

Actually, my girl skinslove hooked me up. She got Reed's auto for me at Late Night last week. :)

Good stuffs there, Hitman. And thanks BRD for pointing out the text message Doughty sent Horton. IMO, he was passing on what he got from Sean Taylor. Just that little "Hey kid, I believe in you," can work wonders.

dont lie, you are already drawing up blueprints of his house and getting OVC to do a "recon" mission like OJ did in Vegas.

:silly:

Damn i wish i could do that but i wouldnt even kno whom to address the letter. Congrats on that; it shows alot of class on Reed's behalf (either that or he felt jus as honored as u did cuz he knows he's not the most "popular" redskin).

Two seasons ago, i got my hat autogaphed by Chris Cooley and my football autogarphed by Joe Gibbs. This was a FedEx Field for fan appreciation day

Adress is to

21300 Redskin Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

And just put Attention then the persons name on top of the adress...Good Luck :cheers:

Archived