Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palin's Email Account Hacked

MonkFan8

oh right because the NY times is a a reliable source, yet they don't say where they got their information. They don't name what aide supposedly told them this. I believe their stories about as much as I do the National Enquirer and US magazine.

You think they are making up a direct quote especially when it's “Whoops~!”? Since the aide used the state's email it was probably possible for them to obtain it.

oh right because the NY times is a a reliable source, yet they don't say where they got their information. They don't name what aide supposedly told them this. I believe their stories about as much as I do the National Enquirer and US magazine.

The Palin campaign has confirmed that the e-mails are authentic. And so it's clear that Gov Palin and her staff are avoiding use of official state e-mails while conducting some state business in order to avoid scrutiny of every message they write. Palin has stated that she copies her official address if the matter warrants it.

Whether using personal addresses to avoid subpoenas is against the law is the question.

For sure, accessing someone's personal account without permission is illegal.

once again...who is their source?

I'm outta here, gotta get some work done. been fun though guys. Good luck and may the best woman win..oh wait..there is only one.

Palin also routinely does government business from a Yahoo address, gov.sarah@yahoo.com, rather than from her secure official state e-mail address, according to documents already made public.

“Whoops!” Palin aide Frank Bailey wrote, after addressing an e-mail to the governor’s official state address.

“Frank, This is not the Governor’s personal account,” a secretary reminded him.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/sep/10/nation/na-palinemail10

Looks like they were right about her email address.

Sure it is. Does the reasoning in that email strike you as sufficient for someone who could be running the most powerful country in the world.

Plus, she only brought this on her self.

So when Obama's email gets hacked and is all over the web, you will say how can he expect to run the country if he cannot secure an email account and he brought it on himself?

I don't agree with hacking e-mail accounts; I am against it if the government does it, and it is no better when a private individual does it against another private individual as well.

Relating to that, Republicans haven't exactly been standing up for American privacy rights. How many of the folks on this thread who are "outraged" over this hacking also have little problems with the government intruding into the privacy of average citizens?

If it's the average citizen being intruded, the Right just shrugs its shoulders. But, if it's Palin" "OMGZ! PRIVACY!"

Now YOU understand why privacy is important.

Also, if she conducted government business via her Yahoo account and that account was just deleted, then e-mails covering government business were just deleted, too. As well as destruction of evidence possibly connected with an ongoing investigation. The use of this Yahoo account does bring into question circumventing rules governing state government e-mails.

From the following article: "Palin routinely uses a private Yahoo e-mail account to conduct state business. Others in the governor's office sometimes use personal e-mail accounts, too.

The practice raises questions about backdoor secrecy in an administration that vowed during the 2006 campaign to be "open and transparent."

Even before the McCain campaign plucked Palin from Alaska, a controversy was brewing over e-mails in the governor's office. Was the administration trying to get around the public-records law through broad exemptions or private e-mail accounts?"

Great - another secretive leader. Just what we need.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008180084_palinemail15.html

The NY Times is considered a much more creditable source then the National Enquirer and US magazine. It is on par with any of the major papers - the National Enquirer is not.

The NY Times is considered a much more creditable source then the National Enquirer and US magazine. It is on par with any of the major papers - the National Enquirer is not.

Except when it comes to John Edwards, who the lib rags wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole

On Feb. 7, Frank Bailey, a high-level aide, wrote to Ms. Palin’s state e-mail address to discuss appointments. Another aide fired back: “Frank, this is not the governor’s personal account.”

Mr. Bailey responded: “Whoops~!”

Those records came direct from the State of Alaska's email system. Explain to me the fact that her associates are being specifically told, in writing, not to use the state's email system to discuss state business.

I don't agree with hacking e-mail accounts; I am against it if the government does it, and it is no better when a private individual does it against another private individual as well.

Relating to that, Republicans haven't exactly been standing up for American privacy rights. How many of the folks on this thread who are "outraged" over this hacking also have little problems with the government intruding into the privacy of average citizens?

If it's the average citizen being intruded, the Right just shrugs its shoulders. But, if it's Palin" "OMGZ! PRIVACY!"

Old joke:

A liberal is a conservative who got laid off.

A conservative is a liberal who got mugged.

A libertarian is a conservative under indictment.

Archived