Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you comfortable with Palin being the Pres?

WVUforREDSKINS

Are you comfortable with Palin being Pres.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you comfortable with Palin being Pres.

• No.
    • Yes
    • It is insane that she is even on the ticket. She knows nothing.

McCain is very old. There is a very real chance that something could happen and he would be unable to fulfill the duties of POTUS. As of now, he looks in good health and let's hope he stays that way.

My question is, can you put politics aside and say that you are honestly comfortable with this women being the President? Most of the time when people defend Palin, they are essentailly defending their political views and not the person themselves.

And saying "she has more expreience than Obama" is not an acceptable answer, because you are basically saying they both don't know what they are doing.

So please, no Obama comparissions.

I think its obvious where I stand on the issue.

this has been brought up before.

If you are not comparing her to Obama then who would you like us to compare her to?

Unfortunately we only have McCaine/Palin and Obama/Biden to chose from so yes out of that group I would be comfortable with her learning from McCaine then stepping in.

If McCaine dies the 1st day in office I would be a little worried. But there is a reason we have checks and balances in the gov't

this has been brought up before.

If you are not comparing her to Obama then who would you like us to compare her to?

Unfortunately we only have McCaine/Palin and Obama/Biden to chose from so yes out of that group I would be comfortable with her learning from McCaine then stepping in.

If McCaine dies the 1st day in office I would be a little worried. But there is a reason we have checks and balances in the gov't

:doh:

You don't have to compare them with anything. Just look at the person, their life and their experience, and then judge by that alone. I understand that many people don't think Obama has the experience and that is why they don't want him to be Pres and that makes them uneasy.

So you are comfortable with her being pres, but you are a "little worried?"

OK

:doh:

You don't have to compare them with anything. Just look at the person, their life and their experience, and then judge by that alone. I understand that many people don't think Obama has the experience and that is why they don't want him to be Pres and that makes them uneasy.

So you are comfortable with her being pres, but you are a "little worried?"

OK

Im worried with any of the candidates we have honestly. But as I said I would be a little worried if McCaine died early in his term 1st year. It would be a lot on her but I think she can do it and lead just fine.

Same here.

So why didn't you just make a thread called I don't want Palin president. It would fit in nicely with the hundreds of other threads on the same exact topic.

You are entitled to your opinions but you aren't seeking knowledge or clarity you are just registering your position and hoping people will agree with you.

So why didn't you just make a thread called I don't want Palin president. It would fit in nicely with the hundreds of other threads on the same exact topic.

You are entitled to your opinions but you aren't seeking knowledge or clarity you are just registering your position and hoping people will agree with you.

No, I want to see who thinks she can lead this country. And there hasn't been a poll done.

I already know the majority agrees with me. I want to the people who think she is ready vote, and hopefully, explain why.

There are things about Palin I do no like, there are things I like, but in terms of experience and being qualified to be POTUS etc... IMO, there's no difference between her and Obama. If you think Obama is qualified, I'm not sure what your problem with her would be (not on the issues, but experience).

There are things about Palin I do no like, there are things I like, but in terms of experience and being qualified to be POTUS etc... IMO, there's no difference between her and Obama. If you think Obama is qualified, I'm not sure what your problem with her would be (not on the issues, but experience).

I don't have a problem with her experience, but I do have a problem with her qualifications.

Honestly no. I take comfort in the idea that the cabinet is very important and can support the President a lot, but even in thinking that... I dislike the idea of a puppet President and even worse, I worry what would happen if there came a point where there was that three o' clock in the morning phone call with no time to seek advice and a decision that needs to be made now.

I fear that situaton for all four, but for Palin the most.

I'll use a baseball analogy Code.

Let's say you own a baseball team and you need a new manager. Now, Palin has management experience, but this is the bigs. Would you rather have a guy who's been a major league pitching coach or someone who's managed pee-wee for 6 years?

That's the difference between Obama and Palin.

I don't have a problem with her experience, but I do have a problem with her qualifications.

The problem I have with all Politicians is their "qualifications". IMO, I think the forefathers are rolling over in their graves as they view what our political system has become.

We have professional politicians, I don't think our forefathers ever envisioned that.

These people are out of touch with the regular people. Palin, IMO, is more in touch and therefore more qualified (as is Obama) than people like McCain and Biden.

My problem with Obama is that he's a democratic party puppet poster boy. I keep reading how McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. Well guess what, Obama voted the party line 97% of the time.

So: There's a 10% chance that McCain will be bipartisan, but only a 3% chance that Obama will...

I'm voting for Bob Barr, I cannot vote for either ticket in good faith. But, I'd rather see McCain win if for nothing else, at least there is a slight chance he may be more of a centrist... nObama will just be a far left wing nutjob.

The problem I have with all Politicians is their "qualifications". IMO, I think the forefathers are rolling over in their graves as they view what our political system has become.

We have professional politicians, I don't think our forefathers ever envisioned that.

These people are out of touch with the regular people. Palin, IMO, is more in touch and therefore more qualified (as is Obama) than people like McCain and Biden.

My problem with Obama is that he's a democratic party puppet poster boy. I keep reading how McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. Well guess what, Obama voted the party line 97% of the time.

So: There's a 10% chance that McCain will be bipartisan, but only a 3% chance that Obama will...

I'm voting for Bob Barr, I cannot vote for either ticket in good faith. But, I'd rather see McCain win if for nothing else, at least there is a slight chance he may be more of a centrist... nObama will just be a far left wing nutjob.

The difference is that given the state of the country, its pretty clear that Bush was wrong about 90% of the time. And therefore, the democrats were probably right about 85% of the time.

There's a 90% chance McCain will continue making Bush-like wrong decision, and a 97% chance that Obama won't.

I'll use a baseball analogy Code.

Let's say you own a baseball team and you need a new manager. Now, Palin has management experience, but this is the bigs. Would you rather have a guy who's been a major league pitching coach or someone who's managed pee-wee for 6 years?

That's the difference between Obama and Palin.

No, Obama is not much more experienced, he hasn't been a "big leagues pitching coach", to use your analogy, he's been a little league coach.

If I owned a baseball team, I would know that just because someone was an excellent pitching coach, that doesn't mean that they can manage every aspect of a team... Sometimes, a college or minorleague manager would be a better pick over that pitching coach.

The difference is that given the state of the country, its pretty clear that Bush was wrong about 90% of the time. And therefore, the democrats were probably right about 85% of the time.

There's a 90% chance McCain will continue making Bush-like wrong decision, and a 97% chance that Obama won't.

LOL... the dems right 85% of the time... You should do stand up...:laugh:

Bush's problem is that he has been a Democrat. He has been a liberal spender. We don't need that. Obama will just do more of that.

LOL... the dems right 85% of the time... You should do stand up...:laugh:

Bush's problem is that he has been a Democrat. He has been a liberal spender. We don't need that. Obama will just do more of that.

Well, McCain will run bigger deficits than Obama... so I guess McCain is more liberal than Obama... and maybe more liberal than Bush too? I don't know if McCain plans to run bigger deficits than Bush or not... pretty much the same I would assume.

Well, McCain will run bigger deficits than Obama... so I guess McCain is more liberal than Obama... and maybe more liberal than Bush too? I don't know if McCain plans to run bigger deficits than Bush or not... pretty much the same I would assume.

I don't see McCain running bigger deficits than Obama. Neither of us is Nostradamus. But I KNOW that Obama is going be a typical liberal dem.. his voting record proves that.

Archived