Extremeskins

Oil Dips below $100

USS Redskins

There's more:

Rumors fuel area pump rush

By Lise Fisher

Sun staff writer

September 11, 2008

Lines wrapped around gas stations in some areas of Gainesville on Thursday evening as rumors of rising gas prices and fears of Hurricane Ike hitting Texas oil refineries started a run on gasoline locally.

E-mails about $5 gas prices and signs at some area gas stations asking customers to limit purchases to 10 gallons apparently fanned worries.

In reality, experts weren’t sure if gas prices would take a giant leap in the coming days, although several expected some increase at least in the short term.

While wholesale gas prices jumped to a range of $4 to $5 along the Gulf Coast on Thursday in advance of powerful Hurricane Ike making landfall, crude oil in the futures market went the other way, dropping below $101 a barrel.

Click on the link for the full article

Go Mart on Williamson Road last night was at $3.99. A few blocks down Sheetz was at $3.69. However, Sheetz was out of gas & still had two cars lined up at each pump while the truck was on the lot refilling their supply of gas. Sheetz had previously been holding gas prices at $3.44.

Go Mart on Williamson Road last night was at $3.99. A few blocks down Sheetz was at $3.69. However, Sheetz was out of gas & still had two cars lined up at each pump while the truck was on the lot refilling their supply of gas. Sheetz had previously been holding gas prices at $3.44.

9:30 This morning & Sheetz was out of gas AGAIN. That tanker from last night didn't even last 12 hours.

True, and that's why I filled up on the return trip even though I was only down a quarter tank.

(I will admit that the convenient gas fluctuations does awaken the paranoid conspiracist in me though)

Me too...this is damn near a caught with the hand in the cookie jar kinda thing. I don't see any reason prices should go up over a dollar a gallon in one day.

Suspicious.

Archived