Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Friday Morning Merged Press Conference (M.E.T.)

Skins4ever1

He had some good points.

No INT's

No Fumbles

Portis did very well.

Heyer did very well.

Zorn lost sight of the clock and is angry with himself.

Admits he sould have gone no huddle

Admits he wasted at least 1 minute.

Zorn seems like a guy that can not only identify his mistakes but will make a consorted effort to correct them.

He brought up a good point about Hasselbeck adjusting to the offense.

All in all, it is not a horrible starting point. If the team can improve every week, they are not far off. Had it been 35-7, i would really be concerned.

I will keep my fingers crossed on JC. If he struggles against a lesser Dline, there will be a valid concern there.

So now Coach Zorn is too "forthcoming?" Again, I'd much rather have a Coach who talks about the game in this manner than hearing "I'm proud of our guys . . . they played their guts out and are super smart . . . no matter what, we are all in this together."

It's actually a breath of fresh air to hear what's actually going on inside the mind of a coach.

Thats were coming from the South puts you at a loss:)

Sounds like Zorn took a lot of the blame and put a lot on JC.

There's no question Zorn was frustrated with Campbell. He wants Campbell to show urgency in the first quarter, the way he would at the end of the game...everything should be much much faster. This will obviously take some time, but he also sounded pretty firm in his belief that Campbell will figure it out.

What were they saying or asking about Heyer?

I was never big on Heyer, but do think he should be there instead of Jansen. We may see something different next week. But he is not a starter...not yet at least. We need someone else over there.

did you watch him play the whole game, or just the first series?

Because he actually played pretty well the hole game. He didn't get ran over, unlike Jansen.

And that sack was on Campbell too btw. He ran right into Tuck and basically gift wrapped the sack.

He had some good points.

No INT's

No Fumbles

Portis did very well.

Heyer did very well.

Zorn lost sight of the clock and is angry with himself.

Admits he sould have gone no huddle

Admits he wasted at least 1 minute.

Zorn seems like a guy that can not only identify his mistakes but will make a consorted effort to correct them.

He brought up a good point about Hasselbeck adjusting to the offense.

All in all, it is not a horrible starting point. If the team can improve every week, they are not far off. Had it been 35-7, i would really be concerned.

We faced one of the best offensive and defensive lines in the game and lost by 9 points. Once we get our timing down on offense, it'll be interesting to see what we can do. It may be a ways off, but there's some hope. Zorn certainly wasn't hitting the panic button.

I will keep my fingers crossed on JC. If he struggles against a lesser Dline, there will be a valid concern there.

Smoot should be ready to go next week.

Springs got kicked in practice and couldn't go.

No problems with Taylor.

Goldstien has a bruised knee.

Malcolm Kelly is being monitored and he would like to get him active.

I didn't know we had a Jewish guy playing DT??? LOL I keed, I keed.

its Golston, btw.

Zorn also really emphazised that he's got to get Campbell to speed himself up in games--he believes he's athletic enough, but he's got to get him to move and react faster, to make quicker reads and to get rid of the ball without hesitation.

The Physical talent...yes

The mental talent...we are still waiting to see that one.

From what I can tell, a good conference.

I was upset about him deflecting blame yesterday, but it seemed like he handled it better today. Talk about the concerns, help put things in perspective, highlight a few details, conference over.

Devin and Malcolm will help this team. Not by having huge stats, but just by giving us more threats to worry about.

Because he actually played pretty well the hole game. He didn't get ran over, unlike Jansen.

And that sack was on Campbell too btw. He ran right into Tuck and basically gift wrapped the sack.

I dont know how you cannot see that blue jersey. Unless you was locked on to your target.

The Physical talent...yes

The mental talent...we are still waiting to see that one.

Well, you must have missed the part where he said that Hasselback had been in the system for four years when he got there, played terribly his first eight games and lost the starting job. Are you going to question his intelligence as well?

I know. I said he should be there instead of Jansen. I just don't think he is the long term solution. He is decent in pass protection, but not in the running game.

I know. I said he should be there instead of Jansen. I just don't think he is the long term solution. He is decent in pass protection, but not in the running game.

Well right now, we really don't have many options at RT. Jansen is on the bench for a reason. Heyer will continue to PROgress, whereas Jansen will continue to REgress.

I, along with Zorn and many others, am very satisfied with how Heyer played on pass protection and the running game.

He may or may not be the long term solution, but the jury is still out on that one.

Regarding Heyer, there was one moment in the game where I was just absolutely impressed with him. He was able to withstand the rush, and anchor his feet which just shut the door on Tuck's pass rush. This is exactly what Jansen cannot do. Now that I think about it, there were definitely more than just one moment in which he could be praised.

Since last year Heyer has been a good player. And he already looks better than he did. This shows how much he has improved and will continue to do so. I honestly think we have a young Tackle who can be a bookend for us in the future. Those guys don't grow on trees either.

Smoot should be ready to go next week.

Springs got kicked in practice and couldn't go.

No problems with Taylor.

Goldstien has a bruised knee.

Malcolm Kelly is being monitored and he would like to get him active.

No problems with Taylor huh? Ok... if his knee is fine then why the hell was he such a non-factor. I'm not expecting a 240lb DE to dominate against the run but his pass rush was non existent. Was he being doubled? Did I miss that?

He seems like a new coach trying to implement a new system.......isnt that what is going on? We are not going to flip a switch and have a great new system. It will take time.

Yep!

We need patience from the players, FO, and fans. Most importantly, obviously, is Snyder. If he pulls the plug in the next year or two, then we'll just continue the cycle of changing our identity ever 3-4 years. If he allows Zorn to ESTABLISH A PROGRAM, we'll be fine. Not this year, but eventually.

Let Zorn get his 10 rookies some significant snaps this season. Let Zorn or Cerrato bring in some youth at OL, DL, and LB this offseason and let's keep building with one vision and one focus. Our team needs an identity which is impossible to build if you're constantly changing things.

I think Dan Snyder has changed and will allow it, I just hope the fans are willing to be supportive!

Yep!

We need patience from the players, FO, and fans. Most importantly, obviously, is Snyder. If he pulls the plug in the next year or two, then we'll just continue the cycle of changing our identity ever 3-4 years. If he allows Zorn to ESTABLISH A PROGRAM, we'll be fine. Not this year, but eventually.

Let Zorn get his 10 rookies some significant snaps this season. Let Zorn or Cerrato bring in some youth at OL, DL, and LB this offseason and let's keep building with one vision and one focus. Our team needs an identity which is impossible to build if you're constantly changing things.

I think Dan Snyder has changed and will allow it, I just hope the fans are willing to be supportive!

I'm much less worried about the fans and much more concerned about whether Snyder will have the requisite amount of patience to see this through.

No problems with Taylor huh? Ok... if his knee is fine then why the hell was he such a non-factor. I'm not expecting a 240lb DE to dominate against the run but his pass rush was non existent. Was he being doubled? Did I miss that?

I'm guessing no problems with Taylor means that he didn't aggravate the injury.

He was doubled on a few occasions. Truthfully, the one blocker had it covered, but a TE or RB would shadow the lineman in the event that Taylor got by him. So yes, a few times he garnered a double team.

Dude taylor was doubled almost ALL GAME! Yeah I guess you missed it. Everytime he lined up there was a TE and a RT on him like white on rice. The few times he was not doubled, he almost got to the QB, and on one occasion caused Manning to almost throw an INT. Give Taylor time, he'll be fine.

I'm much less worried about the fans and much more concerned about whether Snyder will have the requisite amount of patience to see this through.

Well, history is on your side. I guess I'm just hoping that he's turned the corner. Also, you'd have to assume that if he wanted immediate results, he'd have promoted Williams or hired Fassel, not taken a flier on Zorn.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I'd like to establish something with some continuity. I think we can even eventually be younger on the staff by promoting the LB coach Olividati (sp?) to DC once Blache is ready to call it quits.

Well, history is on your side. I guess I'm just hoping that he's turned the corner. Also, you'd have to assume that if he wanted immediate results, he'd have promoted Williams or hired Fassel, not taken a flier on Zorn.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I'd like to establish something with some continuity. I think we can even eventually be younger on the staff by promoting the LB coach Olividati (sp?) to DC once Blache is ready to call it quits.

I'm convinced that Snyder hired Zorn because he was enamored with the idea of having a "west-cost offense" even though if you sat Snyder down, I guarantee you he wouldn't know the first thing about it. He wanted Zorn because he wants an offense that's going to put up points. We drafted 2 wide receivers and a tight end in the second round, to give Campbell the ability to score points, or so the thinking goes....unfortunately for Snyder and therefore for us as well, he doesn't know the first thing about football, and his GM (cerrato) should be there to explain to him that you build a team by starting at the most inglorious positions like offensive line and DT, and then, once you've established your dominance in the trenches, you fill in the skill players. Not the other way around. It appears that Snyderatto will never learn that lesson.

:rolleyes:

Tuck was coming from the inside and as JC was about to avoid it by running to his right, Heyer bumped Tuck into JC's path. All the talking heads agreed it was Heyer's fault but gave JC credit for taking the blame.

Archived