Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Friday Morning Merged Press Conference (M.E.T.)

Skins4ever1

What were they saying or asking about Heyer?

I was never big on Heyer, but do think he should be there instead of Jansen. We may see something different next week. But he is not a starter...not yet at least. We need someone else over there.

They just continue to ask questions which obviously make it sound like they question his talent. They basically asked if we compensated for Heyer by leaving people into chip or double team Tuck.

Level of frustration question...the answers are there about why we're not scoring when we look at the tape...when you implement a new scheme there's a certain learning curve for everyone working together...if you look at the giants, they didn't have it altogether last night...that was not a blowout, that was an opportunity for us to win.

Smoot should be ready to go next week.

Springs got kicked in practice and couldn't go.

No problems with Taylor.

Goldstien has a bruised knee.

Malcolm Kelly is being monitored and he would like to get him active.

Goldstein. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Did he mention our middle linebacker Fletcherberg?

Excited about Devin Thomas, did the right thing on the hot route...he made the catch, the safety made a shoe-string tackle, otherwise, Thomas was gone...

Cooley is integrated on the offense...on those two plays where Randel El jumped offsides, we would have had huge plays to cooley, apparently they would have been huge gains.

Hasselback was all over the place in the first eight games in the system...and Matt was in the system for four years before Zorn got him...every offense takes discipline and reaction and awareness and Campbell will get there...he is determined.

I think Zorn is way too forthcoming..I've never seen this sort of explanation from any coach. Its like the media knows this and pushed him to get some sort of explanation from him.

So far hes blamed himself for a few things and now hes syaing Matt hesselback played in this O for 4 years and was still benched..DAMN I think its gonna take JC 6 years to master this O

I think Zorn is way too forthcoming..I've never seen this sort of explanation from any coach. Its like the media knows this and pushed him to get some sort of explanation from him.

So far hes blamed himself for a few things and now hes syaing Matt hesselback played in this O for 4 years and was still benched..DAMN I think its gonna take JC 6 years to master this O

I don't think JC has that kind of slack with Colt in the wings. However, if JC does progress in the offense and does better than last year, there is no reason why we shouldn't stick with him.

Overall, you realize how important execution is to be successful on offense. So many things need to go right...it's almost like a golf swing, if one minor problem creeps in, the entire thing gets ruined. Fascinating to hear him describe the deep ball to Santana Moss...Moss totally beat his guy, Jason should have avoided the rush, like he did, then imediately set his feet and throw, instead he hesitated held on to the ball, and our window of opportunity closed. That's what separates success from failure in this league.

Zorn also really emphazised that he's got to get Campbell to speed himself up in games--he believes he's athletic enough, but he's got to get him to move and react faster, to make quicker reads and to get rid of the ball without hesitation.

Thats were coming from the South puts you at a loss:)

Sounds like Zorn took a lot of the blame and put a lot on JC.

Archived