Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Friday Morning Merged Press Conference (M.E.T.)

Skins4ever1

He says he wanted to keep the clock running in the last 6 minutes!! That is REEEETARDED. His theory doesn't even make sense. You can run a fast offense AND still save your timeouts. RIDICULOUS. I really hope he's learning cause I can't watch another game end like that again... I can deal with a loss, but only when it looks like the team is trying to win.

i do like his point that now we know what we have to work on. I kept saying that last night during the game.

Are you kidding me????? You liked hearing that?????

Figuring THAT OUT is what training camp and the preseason was for.

You don't wait until the season to find out what you need to work on.

And moreover, if you didn't know that we needed to work on these things before even training camp, then you are a damned moron. ANYONE with an ounce of sense knew these problems existed from the beginning. If it took someone this first game to "figure out what we have to work on," that person hasn't been paying attention at all!

That single comment pissed me off more than anything. I think it shows how utterly unprepared and incompetent Zorn is.

Apparently the preseason was a waste because he couldn't figure these things out there. Alternatively, one might argue that he did know these problems existed all along, but to that I ask: if we couldn't figure out how to fix them all through training camp and preseason, how in the hell is he going to fix them before next weekend?

And moreover, if you didn't know that we needed to work on these things before even training camp, then you are a damned moron. ANYONE with an ounce of sense knew these problems existed from the beginning. If it took someone this first game to "figure out what we have to work on," that person hasn't been paying attention at all!

That single comment pissed me off more than anything. I think it shows how utterly unprepared and incompetent Zorn is.

Apparently the preseason was a waste because he couldn't figure these things out there. Alternatively, one might argue that he did know these problems existed all along, but to that I ask: if we couldn't figure out how to fix them all through training camp and preseason, how in the hell is he going to fix them before next weekend?

Oh...you're one of those...:cry:

I'm sorry, but if you can't take away the positive in his earnestness and candor and him realizing the bone head moves and being forthcoming, then I dont' know what to say. Many HC's would have been too stuborn to do so and may have not even learned from yesterday's game. We don't know if Zorn is goign to be the future HC of the team, but at least he has his mind right for a rookie HC and is looking to improve. Spurrier would have been different.

yeah, I did like his comments and everything so far. I like this coach and understand there is a learning curve. Why make excuses other then it needs to be worked on. He looks like a leader. zorn is not incompetant, he is inexperienced.

Joe Gibbs called two timeouts in a row - incompetent?

and to your last point, maybe it took getting embarrassed in the game to get these problems fixed. We dont know what happens during practice.

What do reporters have against Heyer? He's an UDFA who has worked his a-- off to get where he is and our beat guys just pick on him.

What were they saying or asking about Heyer?

I was never big on Heyer, but do think he should be there instead of Jansen. We may see something different next week. But he is not a starter...not yet at least. We need someone else over there.

Damn it's a shame to see how fickle some "fans" are . . . Some of you "fans" were raving about Coach Zorn during training camp and the first three games of the pre-season. Now he is "overwhelmed," "captain obvious," etc.

You are not going into Canton off of one game . . . Nor are you a completely horrible coach who should just quit after one. We CANNOT appropriately grade the Skins and Coach Zorn until at least week 5 . . . Sure, wins and losses will be clear by then. But remember, Gibbs looked AWFUL his first 5 games, and ended up revolutionizing the game.

The jury is still out on Coach Zorn and these Redskins. PLEASE STOP THE KNEE-JERK REACTIONS. This loss just makes the Saints game next week a HUGE game. 1-1 is much, much better than 0-2.

I've consistently said that I thought we'd lose the first 2 games of the season yet still finish with roughly a 9-7 record. Hopefully we can win on Sunday to make that goal a bit easier. Even if we lose though, it's still a work in progress which cannot be graded until at least week 5.

Archived