Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Leaving Early From Work Tomorrow?

RonJeremy

I live in Albany NY, I'm leaving work at 11:00am, getting my haircut and heading to the game. I couldn't sleep at all last night and I'm just going to the game, wonder how the players feel lol. This is my 2nd game at the Giants, 1st one was when their owner died and we all know how well that one went. Hope the out come for this game is better or it's a long ride home, HAIL !!!

Yep...I'm leaving at 2:30, then (I live in CT) I get to drive to Philly for a wedding early tomorrow, so I'll have to drive straight through game territority and have an outside shot of getting to the tv in time for opening kickoff-in a hotel room in Philly.

Yuck.

How the heck does a boss in Skins territory buy the "I'm sick" excuse on a day the Skins play? lol

It's funny you should mention that. My boss hates football and quite frankly could care less about sports in general. We always have a corporate conference in Denver, which is normally the second week in November. Luckily, that's our bye week this year, although there was some talk of everyong going out there a few days early to do a presentation at a Denver area travel agency (I'm in the hotel industry). My boss would NEVER allow me to skip out on that for something as ridiculous as football. And I got especially nervous when I heard that they were considering moving the conference to the first week in November, which would mean I'd have to miss the Pittsburgh game, which is a Monday nighter. So in May I put in a vacation request for November 3 and 4, knowing that my boss hated football and wouldn't put two and two together. Ultimately the conference ended up being the second week in November so it was a non-issue. But had the conference been that first week in November, I would have already had my vacation papers signed, and of course my plans would have already been made. Granted it might have made for an uncomfortable situation (most employers don't like to be outsmarted), but at least I would have been able to still go to the game.

Luckily, I get to work from home every Thursday, so it all works out perfectly. It's times like these that working in the IT business really pays off :D Besides, all my co-workers know that I will be celebrating all day for the Skins game and not getting a single thing done. HTTR!

Archived