Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need to know if game tonight is going to be cancled before 3:00 PM

WeThreeKingsRuleU

I'm back down at school, but from what my folks have told me, the weather could get nasty tonight but likely won't. Unless it gets really, really bad before gametime though, the only cancelation will likely come during the game. Remember last year the Ravens game was cancelled because the weather was so bad. In fact, I think lighting hit something in their stadium to cause broadcast problems as well. The game was delayed, and then eventually cancelled around the half.

I'm back down at school, but from what my folks have told me, the weather could get nasty tonight but likely won't. Unless it gets really, really bad before gametime though, the only cancelation will likely come during the game. Remember last year the Ravens game was cancelled because the weather was so bad. In fact, I think lighting hit something in their stadium to cause broadcast problems as well. The game was delayed, and then eventually cancelled around the half.

It definitely one of the flagpoles on top of the stadium. I know this cause I was standing near it. Wasn't a fun experience last preseason. Hopefully that lightning can stay away tonight.

It's not going to be as bad as last year's Dallas game! I'm looking forward to it. Heading out in about an hour.

That was my fav game ever(live that is). People were so hyped for it, the weather sucked, we sacked Romo sits to pee like 8 times, and we won to get into the playoffs...pretty f'n sweet if you ask me!

My dad is an airline pilot and is always checking on the weather, he told me the cells from the tropical storm that just hit the Gulf are making their way up north tonight, I'm in charlottesville and it just passed through here, thunder and lightening, the whole nine yards...

For you yes. For FedEx Field - NO. Take a look at this:

http://tropics.myfoxdc.com/severe/?siteID=1004

You can zoom out and see no bad clouds from miles and miles away. :D

My dad is an airline pilot and is always checking on the weather, he told me the cells from the tropical storm that just hit the Gulf are making their way up north tonight, I'm in charlottesville and it just passed through here, thunder and lightening, the whole nine yards...

We have been getting a WHOLE LOT of heavy rain here in Richmond since last night (it has let up now).

And it was all moving North.

However, there has been minimal thunder and lightning. What we did see of it was only for about an hour this morning.

It has mainly just been a lot of rain.

Unless there's lightning, they'll play. In fact, the rain has been very light and off & on to this point, so aside from dampness in the air I don't see the weather being too much of a factor this evening at all. (Keep in mind that FedEx Field has the best drainage system in the league, and they likely had the tarp on the field all day.)

It's not going to be as bad as last year's Dallas game! I'm looking forward to it. Heading out in about an hour.

Sheeet, that Dallas game was a picnic compared to the Buffalo game. Cold wet rain, miserable last second collapse, reeling from ST's murder...ugh. That was just brutal.

Archived