Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone concerned about Jansen's play?

bigevhfan

Financially? His salary keeps his team under the cap. I don't see where how this is a problem to anyone not paying his paycheck.

Jansen is the 5th highest paid player on the team. He makes more than Chris Samuels for crying out loud. The problem is that he is the wosrt O-lineman we have starting and is not worth anything near what he is making. That IS a problem.

Everyone hating on Jansen dont get on his nut when he is doing good. Stay negative about him

He hasnt played well in years. I have no reason to get on his "nut". As disturbing a visual as that is anyway. :laugh:

Do we need these same threds every week ?

I was going to say the same thing, until I realized that most of the Jansen conversation is being held in threads that were ostensibly unrelated to Jansen...or only tangentially so. So, I understand if the OP didn't catch any of those conversations, didn't see a thread on Jansen and wanted to open one to express their concerns. Also, seeing their name listed as the starter and getting lots of replies doesn't hurt. Don't really have the need, but I understand why some do.

We don't have anyone better right now ... he is going to get beat... there is not a OL in the league who doesn't . He may need time to get the confidence in his legs, we need to get a replacement for him soon (2009/10) but he is still above average .

It's true that we don't have anyone flat out better than Jansen at that position right this minute, but that won't be true forever. In fact, it may no longer be true by midseason if either Heyer or Rinehardt or Wade show the coaches more in practice than Jansen shows in games. I agree, however, that Jansen needs to get more confidence in his legs before that decision could be made. That's really the only reason I'm not wasting any energy worrying about this at the moment. Well, that, and the fact that they haven't played the Giants yet. I could be a little worried after that one, but I sure hope not.

I would be more concerned about Randy Thomas ...

I haven't heard anything more on Thomas besides a mild knee sprain. Is he expected to miss the Carolina game? Thomas has looked pretty good to me in the preseason so far. In fact, the play he got injured appears to be the only block he's missed. Of course, I'm not great at isolating individual lineman on tape, so maybe I missed another block or two. He looks pretty spry out there to me, hopefully that minor sprain doesn't adversely affect his mobility come September 4th.

So are you saying he doesn't deserve the negative comments based on his play lately? You aren't concerned?

No I am not Concerne about his play.

1. sack vs colt, on that same play Chris Samual got beaten too. But noone saying nothing about that.

2. That holding call, How many time Chris Samual was call for holding last season?

3. He been playing for 9 year rookie all the way to 7 year we have no problems with him blocking or running. Last two season he had been injury I mean injury happen. If you remember how he got his leg broken and ankle doslocation that can happen to anybody special if person got hit like that.

4. Sack vs jets, JC hold the ball too long

5. Jansen have not play for year and few months, he have to get back in it. Look at Pacman he been out football for a year and he look bad first few preseason game

I was going to say the same thing, until I realized that most of the Jansen conversation is being held in threads that were ostensibly unrelated to Jansen...or only tangentially so. So, I understand if the OP didn't catch any of those conversations, didn't see a thread on Jansen and wanted to open one to express their concerns. Also, seeing their name listed as the starter and getting lots of replies doesn't hurt. Don't really have the need, but I understand why some do.

We have a winner. Exactly why this one is still open despite the rather brief,(which we tend to frown upon around here),opening remark. As for the rest, it's the name in lights thing. I tend to feel the same way as well.

Carry on. :)

I'm very concerned. Jansen is getting blown up when it comes to run blocking and he's getting blown by in pass protection.

To be honest, Jansen has struggled in pass protection to some extent for the last few years.

I think the injuries and age have just taken there toll.

Ummm...no he's not getting blown up in the run game. That's a flat out lie. I'll agree that he's struggled in pass pro, but he plows people in the run game. I'm not worried about the run aspect. It allows us to run to the strong side which we couldn't do last year with Wade, Heyer and Fabini who suck in the run game. Jansen looks ****ty in pass pro right now, but he needs some time, I agree. :2cents:

HTTR

Jansen wasn't looking that good a few years ago before injuries hit. He'll probably struggle a bit this year. He's simply not as good as he used to be.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Jansen is starting next year at this time. Not really a big deal though, Heyer is already as good as Jansen IMO.

Jansen wasn't looking that good a few years ago before injuries hit. He'll probably struggle a bit this year. He's simply not as good as he used to be.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Jansen is starting next year at this time. Not really a big deal though, Heyer is already as good as Jansen IMO.

Heyer is not already good as Jansen. Do you watch Heyer in preseason this year before he got hurt. He gave up 2 sack in a game think it was Colts game

1. sack vs colt, on that same play Chris Samual got beaten too. But noone saying nothing about that.

2. That holding call, How many time Chris Samual was call for holding last season?

3. He been playing for 9 year rookie all the way to 7 year we have no problems with him blocking or running. Last two season he had been injury I mean injury happen. If you remember how he got his leg broken and ankle doslocation that can happen to anybody special if person got hit like that.

5. Jansen have not play for year and few months, he have to get back in it. Look at Pacman he been out football for a year and he look bad first few preseason game

I tend to agree with you. He hasnt been playing lights out, but hes not as people make it out to be

Heyer is not already good as Jansen. Do you watch Heyer in preseason this year before he got hurt. He gave up 2 sack in a game think it was Colts game
I don't think Heyer is better than Jansen at this point. (Heyer was playing left tackle in the Colts game when he gave up those sacks. Typically the stronger DE will be going against the LT.)

Jansen is still good when we rush the ball but his pass protection skills have eroded fast.

Wow ... I only understand some of what you said because I am a Journalism Graduate Student and I have to read **** writing like this all the time. Pick up an English guide book or something. :doh:

HTTR

Jansen gave up one in much less playing time. And one very obvious hold when he got beat.
Like Doc said the Monday after the Bills game, that hold was a good penalty to take. Instead of letting your QB get hit, you simply tackle the guy. Jo Jacoby and Russ Grimm both did the same thing back in the day. Take a 10 yarder to avoid your QB getting hit. That is a SMART football play. Jansen also hasn't played in a year. Can the guy get more than 8 drives before you throw him overboard? I guess Santana Moss should be benched based on his performance in Green Bay? Fickle.

Wow ... I only understand some of what you said because I am a Journalism Graduate Student and I have to read **** writing like this all the time. Pick up an English guide book or something. :doh:

HTTR

Internet message board. This is not college, don't expect english literature.:doh:

HTTR

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:applause: :applause:

I think we'll be able to see a lot about Jansen in these next two preseason games when the starters get a significant boost in playing time. I think it's really unfair to call for his head after about 8 drives. To be honest we don't have anyone who is better than he his. I forget who it was, but someone said that "if a rookie was playing like he was then he would be cut, and Jansen should too"...are you insane? Yeah, lets cut a multiple time pro bowler and the longest tenured player on this team because he hasn't been up to some of our expectations in a couple drives during the pre season.

HTTR

Its great that you are a Journalism Graduate Student and all but there's no reason to be a jerk.

If you don't like his writing..simply keep your mouth shut and ignore it.

How about that? :rolleyes:

Big Jon will be ready to go by week 1. Still working the cobwebs out, I'll say it again. Jansen will rebound huge this year.
I'm just curious as to how you are able to make such a bold statement? It reads like you have already seen this happen in the future?

How do you know for certain that it is just "cobwebs" that Jansen is having to work out?

And your last sentence kind of makes you come across as a desperate Jon Jansen fan who really needs him to "rebound huge this year".

Now, don't get me wrong, I have always liked Jansen and I really hope that he can bounce back and return to even close to the player he once was.

But, I am first and for most a Washington Redskins fan and if Jon Jansen is plainly not the answer at our RT position, then I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for him, we need to move on without him.

Everyone hating on Jansen dont get on his nut when he is doing good. Stay negative about him
This is a very ignorant quote.

So, because members here have noticed that Jansen's play has declined recently and within the past couple of years, we are "hating" on him? :doh:

I'm curious, are you then saying that you stayed on his nut even when he was doing bad? Eeww!

Do we need these same threds every week ?

We don't have anyone better right now ... he is going to get beat... there is not a OL in the league who doesn't . He may need time to get the confidence in his legs, we need to get a replacement for him soon (2009/10) but he is still above average .

I would be more concerned about Randy Thomas ...

I agreed with everything you said up until 09/10. :)

We don't know how good or bad he is going to be in 08, so why would we wait until 09/10 to replace him if he was bad?

Also, what evidence have you seen thus far that could possibly substantiate your comment that Jansen is "still above average" (other than what Buges has glowingly said about him)?

Lastly, what on God's green Earth are you concerned with more about Thomas than Jansen?

Like Doc said the Monday after the Bills game, that hold was a good penalty to take. Instead of letting your QB get hit, you simply tackle the guy. Jo Jacoby and Russ Grimm both did the same thing back in the day. Take a 10 yarder to avoid your QB getting hit. That is a SMART football play.

Fact of the matter is that he's going to be getting beat alot and need to do this. While it might be a smart play, it's a BAD play to need to do this alot. If your only way to keep a DE off you QB consistently is to hold, I have one word for you if this was anyone else except you guys on his jock......

CUT.

Jansen also hasn't played in a year. Can the guy get more than 8 drives before you throw him overboard? I guess Santana Moss should be benched based on his performance in Green Bay? Fickle.

He's look bad for over 2 years. Not Fickle.

Archived