Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What veteran Redskins do you think fails to make the squad?

Walking Deadman

I dont understand all the love for James. He hasn't done anything just yet and i rather keep a Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson who both have shown something here

James was a beast in college, If he stay healthly and return to his college form will be the best move redskins made this off season. I do agree with you on Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson but I dont understand why people love Evans he did nothing and he will remain same just ok back up

James was a beast in college, If he stay healthly and return to his college form will be the best move redskins made this off season. I do agree with you on Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson but I dont understand why people love Evans he did nothing and he will remain same just ok back up

there's no doubt that James was great in college but since he joined the NFL hes done nothing but been hurt all the time. Wilson had our only sack in the playoffs. One guy does it in college, the other in the pros. I'd take the guy who's done it before the guys whos not been able to ever do it

If James is regains his college form (and I'm assuming he will),he's simply more much more talented than Wilson.

Your right, but that's a big IF. Since were talking hypotetical situations I think its much more likely that Wilson leaves here and has a better career then James does in the NFL.

I dont understand all the love for James. He hasn't done anything just yet and i rather keep a Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson who both have shown something here
I'd much rather have Chris Wilson on the team then E. James whos done absolutely nothing for us

Is it feasible to put EJ back on the PS and activate him later, or no? Then we can possibly keep Boschetti, Alexander, Evans AND Wilson -

I will go out on a limb and say Rock Cartright.. I don't think so, but Mason sure has turned some heads. Maybe Broughton if they decide to keep four rb's.

After that performance last night even? 6 carries, 90 yards? Before last night I'd agree with you, now I doubt it

I honestly see both Wade and Fabini on the chopping block. With all our young guys coming in and playing well this preseason, I think Bugel may want to start to mold the replacements for our current line instead of holding on to dead weight.

I also think Fox and Mix are getting cut as well. But thats all for me.

Not to hijack the thread but did anybody really focus on Jansen?

We have a problem at the RT position...a big problem.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we should start Heyer there. Stephon played great last year, and Jon's definitely on the downside of his career after his recent major injuries.

I think Jansen should stay. We could do a whole lot worse for a backup tackle, but I think his best days are well behind him. I wish that wasn't the case. :(

Evans is a solid role player who can play ST, DE, and DT on passing downs. He is a great run stuffer and is one of the best at getting his hands up into the face of the QB if he can't get there in time. He had at least one pass deflection last night, and I recall at least one situation last season where he dropped back into a zone coverage and tipped a ball that was intercepted by I believe Fletcher.

As far as backups go I think Evans is the only lock.

As far as my veteran cuts I think it's Fox, Frost, Wade, Fabini, Boschetti (though he looked great last night so he may change my mind), Westbrook, Broughton (not really a vet) and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I was a big Jansen supporter but I think he showed last night his time as an elite NFL tackle has come an gone. He can't pass block if his life depended on it and he isn't the punishing run blocker he once was either. If it wasn't for his contract he would not be on the team this season. Wade, Heyer, and Rinehart have all looked better in limited playing time IMO.

I honestly see both Wade and Fabini on the chopping block. With all our young guys coming in and playing well this preseason, I think Bugel may want to start to mold the replacements for our current line instead of holding on to dead weight.

Well I agree with Wade, but IDK about Fabini...He made two key blocks on the Betts TD vs the Bills. I think he's still ok.

PS: Who ever said Sellers, I'll have some of what you're smoking...

Well I agree with Wade, but IDK about Fabini...He made two key blocks on the Betts TD vs the Bills. I think he's still ok.

PS: Who ever said Sellers, I'll have some of what you're smoking...

True, but like STBoneCrusher said in the other thread, we're going to lose some good players this preseason. The question is do we want to lose good young guys or good old guys? I'd rather lose the old guys, especially when there isn't that much of a dropoff and the old guys have a history of mediocre play. Guys like Crummey and Geisner, are really doing well playing the inside positions. I'd be much more excited about keeping them than hoping that we're this lucky to find such talent next year. Remember the number of busts we've brought in here the last few years?

Is it feasible to put EJ back on the PS and activate him later, or no? Then we can possibly keep Boschetti, Alexander, Evans AND Wilson -

James cant be put on PS. Even if he could we would have to cut him and he would have to clear waivers first, the wouldnt happen. Someone would take a chance on him, thats why we traded for him because someone else was looking to take him once he hit waivers.

True, but like STBoneCrusher said in the other thread, we're going to lose some good players this preseason. The question is do we want to lose good young guys or good old guys? I'd rather lose the old guys, especially when there isn't that much of a dropoff and the old guys have a history of mediocre play. Guys like Crummey and Geisner, are really doing well playing the inside positions. I'd be much more excited about keeping them than hoping that we're this lucky to find such talent next year. Remember the number of busts we've brought in here the last few years?

Ahh, ok. You (and STBC) are right. I was going to say a little experience doesn't hurt to have....but we've got that with Jansen,Samuels and Kendall.

Boschetti

Nemo

Fox

Frost

Mix

Toler

Wade

Westbrook

Wilson

...are all goners. If I had to choose between McMullen and Mason, I would say we keep six WRs and put Mason on the PS (and probably lose him). Our WRs ability to stay healthy is questionable, so I think we keep a sixth. I think Devin Clark, Andrew Crummey, Jason Goode, and Matteral Richardson all go on the PS, and hopefully we won't lose any of them.

Sure.

The WCO employs multiple sets and formations, as I'm sure you know, and Zorn has already shown a propensity to lead block with big #45 inside the 20s.

IMO, Big Mike is safe.

Sellers is one of the best fullbacks in the business. He punished a fool out there on one of the cutback plays to Betts.

My list for Veterans in Danger, or VIDS is:

Vernon Fox

Frosty the Snowman

Todd Wade

Jon Jansen (just kidding...kind of)

Wilson--hard to say. I almost wish we'd keep him over Erasmus James, who hasn't done anything, but in terms of more upside, it's obviously James.

Lorenzo Alexander is probably on the bubble.

Byron Westbrook

Archived