Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

85 Percent of Flying Public Wants to See Children in Separate Section of Plane

China

I never been in an airline seat that reclined far enough to make it worthwhile. I think Jerry Sienfield did a bit on that.

I agree that parents have to teach thier kids how 2 behave in public. But you know where the only place you can do that is? IN PUBLIC!! The only way to teach them how to behave at a restaurant is to take em to the restaurant and show them how to behave. Same thing for air planes, airports, etc. Your fellow passengers will just have to put up with the learning curve, unfortunately.

I havne't taken too many trips with my kids, but when I do, we try to sit way in the back (on a 727 the engines are back by the tail). So its loud enough to cover most of the noise the kids are making, and there aren't usually too many people back there, unless the flight is completely full. And most of the people are decent enough to actually enjoy the company if a little kid talks to them. Lucky, there's never been a spilling or vomiting incident or anything like that.

You could put all the little kids in the same area of the plane. That way they can interact with each other. but talking about kids like theyre cargo or pets or should be strapped to the outside of the plane or bounced off a wall makes you sound like a dick, IMO.

but talking about kids like theyre cargo or pets or should be strapped to the outside of the plane or bounced off a wall makes you sound like a dick, IMO.

Obviously you haven't seen most of my comments on children in general, Mordac. For the purposes of this thread let's just say that being around small children ranks just below having open heart surgery sans anesthesia on my list of things to do on a given day.

For every bad kid who has no discipline from his parents there are 10 who barely make a peep.

I fly rather often and only once had an annoying kid on board.

I like sitting next to kids, because it sucks to sit next to adults when the obesity rate is so high.

Obviously you haven't seen most of my comments on children in general, Mordac. For the purposes of this thread let's just say that being around small children ranks just below having open heart surgery sans anesthesia on my list of things to do on a given day.

ooooooooo K. Its a free country, dude. not everybody likes kids. Seems like a weird attitude to me, but obviously you're not alone.

I like kids even other peoples kids. All I'm saying is I try to do my duty as a parent but that involves some trial and error, y'know?

Just don't fly with your kids. We've never even thought about trying to drag our girls (both under 3) onto a commercial flight. It's a potential nightmare for everyone.

As a parent, you should always be looking out for other people and try to be considerate of their situation, IMO. Most of the kids running amuck are doing so because their parents let them get away with that crap at home.

ooooooooo K. Its a free country, dude. not everybody likes kids. Seems like a weird attitude to me, but obviously you're not alone.

It's going to make life interesting in a couple of weeks when I'm an UNCLE for the first time. Thankfully my niece or nephew will be 7+ hours away by car so I won't likely see them all that often.

All I'm saying is I try to do my duty as a parent but that involves some trial and error, y'know?

That's fine and laudible, Mordac. Unfortunately parents like you seem to be the exception rather than the rule these days.

Just don't fly with your kids. We've never even thought about trying to drag our girls (both under 3) onto a commercial flight. It's a potential nightmare for everyone.

Exactly. Ship them FedEx instead. :D Show them what sort of wonderful adventures await them inside the wooden crate as they are misrouted to Fairbanks, Alaska instead of grandma and grandpa's home in Phoenix, Arizona. :silly:

To think you'd partake in such obvious witchery as these flying machines is rather disappointing. A real man rides his steed.

~Bang

I try not to fly unless I have to Bang; but at times there's no other option. I took a train to my brother's wedding in Buffalo, NY last fall. I'm hoping to take the express train to DC if I ever get down there for a Redskins game one of these seasons. Unfortunately when you need to be in St. Cloud, Minnesota the next day for a funeral the train really isn't an option.

Thankfully for them, too, I'll bet.

Actually my sister-in-law is pushing for me to come out there as often as I can once the baby is born. Somehow she isn't catching on to the fact that her husband isn't the only guy in this family who has never changed a diaper. The difference is that her husband WANTS to learn how to do it, whereas I have no interest. My biggest problems with the little ones are the incessant NOISE and the fact that I am truly petrified that I'm going to somehow BREAK the kid.

A group of people who are much worse than kids is middle aged women. I've never sat next to a middle aged woman who doesn't want to talk to you the entire time. I hate to say it but I don't care where you are from, what you do, why you are on a plane right now, what your brothers and sisters do, the different places you been... Flying is about the only time I get to relax and read a book and middle aged women for some reason just can't respect that.

As a parent, you should always be looking out for other people and try to be considerate of their situation, IMO. Most of the kids running amuck are doing so because their parents let them get away with that crap at home.

You can't live your life with this attitude or you'll do nothing if you have kids. We went cross country to a) spend Thanksgiving with my family, B) attend my mother's funeral, and c) go to a cousin's wedding (mainly to see my grandfather who also passed away a couple of month's after). Airplanes are awesome. 5 hours to go cross-country! Amazing! I understand my son might get loud and he is a handful, but who has it worst; the parents or the people sitting on the plane? Most parents are conscious of their kids.

But seriously, you don't know why you'll have to fly cross country and I can guarantee you every time I've done it with my son it was worth it.

It's called Benadryl, Tylenol PM, Valium, Ambien, booze...folks (not all together of course).

Personally, I find morbidly obese (not big, I'm talking obese) people taking up two seats waaaaaaaaaayyy more frustrating to deal with. I can tune out screeching. I can't tune out someone who's gut spills over into my space for hours on end.

Archived