Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Is Your Gameday ritual?

kiingspadee

Well for me IF I am not going to a game it is this:

• Wake up put one of my Jersey's on..then go to the bathroom. (Currently wearing Moss)
  • I then wake up my beautiful fiancee and make HER put on a jersey
  • If I made plans to go to my dad's house and watch the game (only for the regular season games) I will start getting ready to go and probably make something or head to the store and buy alot of Murray's Honey BBQ Wings or Chips
  • Argue with anyone that may be at my parents house that IS NOT a Redskins fan (In my house if you dont root for the skins you probably are not invited, I may be tempted to punch you in the face)
  • If I am watching the game here I go to the store and buy stuff for nachos, meatballs, wings, and alot of other munchies
  • If it is a late game I play alot of football on Xbox 360 (currently will be playing NCAA 09)
  • Start cooking food
  • Watch ANYTHING dealing with the Pre-Game
  • Crank up the stereo when it's time for kickoff
  • YELL AT ANYONE WHO CALLS ME (If Redskins are on and someone isnt dying then it can wait 3 hours)
  • Lose voice
  • Watch the end of game interviews or listen to them on Redskins Radio
  • Complain about what we could have done better if we lost/Gloat on how we dominated that team

Long but hey! Whats your ritual?

For home game on a sunday:

1. wake up and go to airport.

2. Fly from Tampa to Reagan

3. Land and get to the game.

4. Thank God that I have Redskins season tickets.

For away games:

1. Wake up and deal with the fact that I live in Tampa

2. Remind myself that I have Direct TV and I don't have to watch the minor league NFC South.

3. After filing through the ranks of morons in Alstott jerseys at the grocery store, I start my BBQ and watch real football on direct tv.

4. Thank God I have Redskins season tickets so I can leave Tampa 8 times a year.

For four years while I was at college, it had been something like this:

- Roll out of bed at 10 or 11

- Shower

- Put on 'Skins shirt and hat

- Set fantasy lineup

- Drive down to BW3's with roommate and soak up all the football Sunday has to offer parked in front of whichever big screen was showing the 'Skins.

- Come home and have a very difficult time starting on homework because I was either too excited or too pissed off.

Haven't really established a new routine yet because finding the Redskins on TV in Baltimore has involved jumping through some hoops.

This year we'll be at all the home games though! :point2sky

Early games:

Wake up around 6:00 am

Try and go back to sleep

Get up at 6:15 am

Shower

Put on sweats and Skins jersey

Make a huge breakfast (eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, buttermilk biscuits, waffles, coffee)

Turn on tv and search for anything football related

Eat breakfast and watch pregame shows

Hop onto ES and post during commercials

Start watching the game at 10:00 (one of the things I love about living in California lol)

Late game:

Same as above, except:

1) Go to store somewhere around 11:00 and pick up a bunch of food and beer

2) Post on Extremeskins a lot more lol

3) Flip around Sunday Ticket checking out different games until the Skins game starts

CaliFan, I've had to be on the left coast for many of football games; it's awesome. Something about going to a bar at 10AM, ordering a beer with a smile and have it be completely acceptable.

What I do:

-maybe shower, maybe not. Football Sunday is the only day my fiance and I believe it's OK not to shower.

-Put on our gear. Could be a jersey, shirt, PJ pants, whatever. (I'm currently wearing a Portis T.) We just bought a Redskins bandanna for our puppy as well.

-Grab a beer (relevant for each bullet), make lunch for breakfast, and turn on the Junkies unauthorized pregame show. They really are the best.

-Small talk / projections with the Fiance. Stats, players of the game, etc.

-Sit on couch and get focused.

-Nobody that calls me a friend would actually call me during again.

-Smoke a cigarette before the game, after the first quarter, during the two minute warning, halftime, end of the third, and whenever a turnover is committed by the Redskins.

-I always leave it on the field after 4 quarters. I used to get mad after a bad loss and let it affect me more than it should.

Today's the day the Skins mojo gets taken out of its long offseason storage (wife won't let me keep it up year round). The mini helmets and the Jack Kent Cooke inagural game football go on top of the TV and pics of me at RFK back in the day (late 70's?) get put on the speakers beside the TV. Other stuff like Redskins toy cars and a program from when my Dad saw the Skins play the Bears in Raleigh, NC back in the 60's also go on the speakers.

As far as every game, not much of a ritual. Jersey and pizza, usually. And as Redskins Anonymous said, I thank God I have "The Ticket" in HD.

I'm thinking about sporting Sean's jersey tonight as this will be the first game since the birth of my daughter Taylor. Seems to fit. New season, new baby! :helmet:

nap.jpg

Depends if i'm going to the game or not...

I work full time and go to school full time. So I spend Sunday mornings, typically, doing homework.

If I go to a game...

I wake up and catch some pregame stuff. Wash my Redskins gear I'm going to sport for that game. Go to Five Guys and starting drinking from the walk from the mall to the stadium.

If at home...

I order a bunch of food. Go to the basement with my gf. Then just chill out an hour before kickoff to make sure we spend some calm quality time before I get all worked up.

1'oclock games:

Try to sleep in as long as possible, don't like to wait

Eat some good munchies

Watch game

Either become extremely pissed, or extremely happy

For Night Games:

Try to sleep in as long as possible, don't like to wait

Eat food

Read ES all day, what people think will happen

Watch game

I like to watch the games by myself, because I get extremely into it. And my family usually try to piss me off with smart ellic comments, and it usually works.

Thanks guys! She's getting old enough to "watch" TV now lol. Loves watching old games on NFL Network. Stares at the TV and goo-goos at it.

She does get cranky when Favre coverage comes on - she's really sick of it. :D

Lets see, set the Tivo, troll the message board and wait, I'm in Phoenix and the Skins are'nt playing here, so I just roll back in bed and wait for the game to start and dream about making enough $$ to make it to a live game. :)

Oh, fight with the wife and kids to watch football, though I am winning my kids over.

Wake up, God willing...

Put myself something to eat and drink (Plum juice is good for the digestive system, though I'm a big Cran Grape fan lol). Sit down, turn the TV on... and cheer.

No superstitions... those are silly and ridiculous. Had they ever worked for anyone we'd go 16-0 every season and win the Super Bowl.

Today's the day the Skins mojo gets taken out of its long offseason storage (wife won't let me keep it up year round). The mini helmets and the Jack Kent Cooke inagural game football go on top of the TV and pics of me at RFK back in the day (late 70's?) get put on the speakers beside the TV. Other stuff like Redskins toy cars and a program from when my Dad saw the Skins play the Bears in Raleigh, NC back in the 60's also go on the speakers.

As far as every game, not much of a ritual. Jersey and pizza, usually. And as Redskins Anonymous said, I thank God I have "The Ticket" in HD.

I'm thinking about sporting Sean's jersey tonight as this will be the first game since the birth of my daughter Taylor. Seems to fit. New season, new baby! :helmet:

nap.jpg

yo congrats dude

and as for me,no ritual. jsut get on the skins gear in the morning and do whatever til its time to sit at the tv for 3hours

Right side of the couch.

First play of the game goes as planned, then I take off my JC 75th Anniversary and throw it to the corner (I wouldn't do it if it didn't win us those four games in a row).

Yell at everyone else to stay in their spot when something good happens. The feng shui of my living room is very important to the Skins.

Archived