Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shout out to Redskin fans at HOF Ceremony

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

"We love Art" from our part of the floor :point2sky

You had floor seats?!

I kept seeing guys like John Elway, Gary Clark, what looked like Earnest Byner, Charles Mann just to name a few. All signing autographs. I was in awe. I wish I would have shelled out the coin for the floor seats.

Side note: Kelly Johnson is even hotter in person than what you see on TV. :drool:

Sitting in the hotel in Canton right now. I can't believe how many of us were here. It looked like a home game. This is one of the best sports moments of my life. I can't begin to tell you how proud I was to be a Redskin when I saw and heard our reaction at the ceremony. Everyone was great. I know Art and Darrell appreciated it. We gave them our best.

And for those of you who didn't get to hear us boo Michael Irvin, you MISSED it. I didn't, but most everyone at the stadium booed him BADLY.

I was so completely impressed by 'Skins nation today.

Something to think about: I think that a lot of folks out there are going to take notice of this. In the media, in the football ranks and players. I mean, if you see that kind of outpouring of support, it's hard not to be impressed with the fan base.

If I was Vinny and trying to convince a Free Agent to come to DC vs. some other team, I stick in the DVD and play the 4 minute standing ovation that Art got. And say, "You play well and act with integrity, these people will support you."

Sitting in the hotel in Canton right now. I can't believe how many of us were here. It looked like a home game. This is one of the best sports moments of my life. I can't begin to tell you how proud I was to be a Redskin when I saw and heard our reaction at the ceremony. Everyone was great. I know Art and Darrell appreciated it. We gave them our best.

And for those of you who didn't get to hear us boo Michael Irvin, you MISSED it. I didn't, but most everyone at the stadium booed him BADLY.

The Skins representation has been amazing. Easily 90% of the people at the NFL tailgate and the induction ceremony were in Skins attire. The DJ at the tailgate said this was his 6th or 7th year and he has never seen anything like it.

As for the booing of Michael Irvin, I thought it was classless. No Hall of Famer should be booed. I did think it was funny when the mention of Danny White beeing sacked three times drew loud cheers.

omg i had a BLAST at the HOF ceremony tonight. I was sitting in section 37 for those that were there. I saw Gary Clark, Ken Harvey, Charles Mann, (Where's) Ricky Sanders...lol, and Chief Zee. Chief Zee was sitting behind me for a good while talking and he cried when Green was up there getting his speech. It was so amazing at the turnout. I heard somebody say they've never really seen this many Redskin fans before...even at Fed Ex! I think we represented very well and with class. Aight i'm gonna lay down now cause we are driving back home in the morning. Nite nite to all!

The Redskin fans at the HOF Ceremony deserve a shout-out in their own thread. I know this is similar to what's been said in other threads, and I hope I don't get NNT'd for this, but I believe that our amazing brothers and sisters represented Redskin Nation so well today, and they deserve their own thread. My heart is filled with pride to be a Redskin fan, and I'm tearing again thinking about how many fans turned out to support Darrell and Art, and about how well they did it. Hopefully someone can capture it in words better than I can, but it was so incredible to hear the loud razzing of Michael Irvin and the thunderous cheers at the mention of sacking Danny White and defeating the Cowboys :dallasuck , the love showed to anyone with any Redskin connection, and of course the incredible outpouring of love for Art Monk. I was crying with pride that I'm a Redskin fan, that these incredible fans represent me and my team. Today, you showed the world how devoted and classy Redskin fans are, and I thank you for doing it so well. That Art Monk ovation is something that will remain in my heart forever.

Hail to the Redskins, Darrell Green, Art Monk, and the Redskin fans!

yes mad props to the skins fans in canton

madprops.jpg

@ the Michael Irvin booing..

Irvin laughed, Wingo laughed, Berman laughed...

I would think that shuts up any regard to the boos being classless.

I was not on board with the unprovoked "Dallas Sucks" chants earlier (why bring them up?) but I think that expecting any other reaction from a 'Skins dominated croud for Irvin is silly. I don't imagine Monk or Darrell would get a standing ovation in Texas Stadium. The booing of Irvin should be expected, and in most cases, in good spirit.

Also, in a strange way, it's a little respectful. You don't boo people who stink. Those people you just ignore. It's the opponents that are really good (sadly) that get the boos.

Just got back to the hotel. as a skins fan from Alberta, Canada today was amazing and I can't wait for tomorrow. I have been to a few games at Fedex but most of the games we go to are road games closer to home. As soon as we drove by the HoF today and saw redskins nation we got pumped, then we pulled into the parking lot for the shuttles and saw all the tailgaters and got even more pumped. Then we go to the ceremony and just like Chris Berman said it was a redskins home game in Canton! What a great day, and I am so proud to be a redskins fan and have guys like Monk and Green representing us. Pure Class! But the most impressive thing of the day for me were their sons. They are true testaments to the men Monk and Green are! HAIL!

Oh, we heard it. :laugh: :cheers:

Yeah, you caused quite a ruckous on here...lol..but I boo'd from my living room.

@ the Michael Irvin booing..

Irvin laughed, Wingo laughed, Berman laughed...

I would think that shuts up any regard to the boos being classless.

good, I knew I saw Irvin laugh and wave his arms, like to egg ya'll on. They showed that part on NFL network. It looked to be in good fun. just some on here got a bit wound up.

But great job again for those who made it. :cheers:

HELL of a Induction Ceremony! I admit I teared up a couple of times (the Tanquaray helped!), but, as a father, it was TRULY AWESOME to see Darrell's and Art's sons speak so proudly of their fathers - as FATHERS first and GREAT football players second. What a BEYOND WORDS "SUPER" (to quote Coach Joe) DAY TO BE A 'SKINS FAN!!! HTTR!!!!!

If I was Vinny and trying to convince a Free Agent to come to DC vs. some other team, I stick in the DVD and play the 4 minute standing ovation that Art got. And say, "You play well and act with integrity, these people will support you."

I agree 100%. No need to add anything else to this comment other than encouraging Vinny to do it.

I can't find it now, but someone asked in one of the HOF threads how many people attended...

per http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story?id=09000d5d809b271c&template=with-video&confirm=true

The" crowd announced was 16,654. It seemed like 16,000 of them were Redskins fans in burgundy and gold. An analysis of early ticket sales indicated that 75 percent of tickets were sold to fans in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area"

Hey everybody,

Great day. It was just awesome to be at the ceremony. I could ramble on and on, but the coolest thing post-ceremony was being by the NFLN tent and singing HTTR. The wife and I will post picks tomorrow or maybe Monday night. We have pics of Gibbs, Art, Darrell, and others up close. We didn't get autographs, and quite frankly I didn't even try...I was just soaking it all in. I helped lead us in singing (since that's what I do for a living :laugh: ) and it was fun to have Gibbs turn around and give us the thumbs up. I'll post some pics asap....tired, going to bed. Can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Much love for all you guys,

John

LoudMouth

Hey everybody,

Great day. It was just awesome to be at the ceremony. I could ramble on and on, but the coolest thing post-ceremony was being by the NFLN tent and singing HTTR. The wife and I will post picks tomorrow or maybe Monday night. We have pics of Gibbs, Art, Darrell, and others up close. We didn't get autographs, and quite frankly I didn't even try...I was just soaking it all in. I helped lead us in singing (since that's what I do for a living :laugh: ) and it was fun to have Gibbs turn around and give us the thumbs up. I'll post some pics asap....tired, going to bed. Can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Much love for all you guys,

John

LoudMouth

It was truly a site to see you all out there from the TV. You guys did very well as representatives of the Redskin Nation. Great job. Glad you had fun.

:cheers:

Archived