Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Prisco: Skins show Desperation....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Miami and Parcells are smart enough to realize they are rebuilding their team. Taylor is at the tail end of his career and the Dolphins need to start rebuilding for the future. The Redskins, on the other hand, feel they are one or two players from winning a Superbowl. Yes..I agree. They need Taylor. I’m not arguing that. However, they need plenty more players too. Even if Daniels did not get injured and the Redskins had no injuries the entire season and all players were playing at 100%, the Redskins would still finish 6-10 at best.

The Redskins have a brand new Coaching staff and Philosophy. To even imagine this team has a shot at the playoffs is stupid.

The only thing stupid here is the content of this post.

The Giants erased any credibility in saying that a team doesn't have a chance when starting off the season. Most thought that team was dogmeat going into the season, and its start did nothing to shed those feelings. If not for a second half collapse by the Redskins, the Giants may have finished up 4-12 and Coughlin would be shown the door. Even going into the playoffs, no one thought much of the Giants - jeez, even the injury-ravaged Redskins blew them out in Week 15 at Giants Stadium.

At this point, to rule any team out that has not undergone a complete overhaul is preposterous. Here's news for you, Zero, the Redskins have not undergone a complete overhaul. In fact, they have returned largely the same team. Now, Zorn is a complete unknown. Given that, it is unlikely that the Redskins will make it all the way this season. But 6-10 at best, with no chance at the playoffs? That is utter stupidity.

If the Redskins get high-level play from the QB position, they will be in the mix at the end. If the QB play is inconsistent, then the Redskins will struggle. The same is said for every team in the league. The move for Taylor helps ensure that a D that played solidly last season (and is returning largely intact) can continue that level of play.

You say the Redskins are a lot of players away from contending. Could you enlighten us as to who these players are?

Prisco is right. We shouldn't even try to win. We should plug in Demetric Evans and call it a day. I mean the tea leaves have foretold that we are going to stink. Why go against the grain. Nevermind that he has said we can't compete because of our enemic pass rush. It's not like the Skins were a playoff team last year with half the roster on IR. It's not like the Skins were able to retain every single player of significance. I'm going to take Pete's advice and start watching hockey........NOT.

Hey now... theres nothing wrong with Hockey... :applause:

Honestly, I think that a lot of these pundits that are trashing the trade are secretly jealous that their teams didn't make the deal. It's really amazing to me that anyone could question the potential production of a perennial pro bowler. Let's keep in mind that this isn't Daniel Snyder going out and getting Deion Sanders or Bruce Smith. This was a move made out of necessity. Granted when a team makes a move like this to fill a hole created due to injury they normally don't get a player the caliber of Taylor, but it was still done out of necessity. Prisco probably wishes that the Redskins plugged in Demetric Evans, and as a result he's bashing the trade because it shored up the Redskins defense a bit.

that's right! why go for a player next year who can man the roster for upwards of 6 years or more when you can have a player who is good for at least 2 more seasons!

Also,

I'm sorry but I just cant understand why there is this gigantic consensus out there that we are lightyears behind the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles? Honestly, why?

We kicked the ever-loving $^*# out of the Cowboys and Giants in December last year. The eagles got Troy Vincent and now everyone expects them to be super bowl contenders.....why?

I'm just saying, every team has questions, not just ours.

Was he playing opposite Carter? No

Was he playing with two dinosaurs on the DL? Yes, Vonnie Holiday and Keith Traylor

Did he have 11 sacks on a horrible defense ranked nearly last in the league in every defensive category accept passing yards? Yes. Makes you wonder about the passing yards...either they were pretty good at getting to the passer or they just got ran on so much, gave up 150+ yards per game wow!, that no one needed to pass on them.

Is Evans even remotely an option as a pass rusher? No...spent half the time at DT on passing downs. He couldn't even beat out a LB as a package rusher.

Did we have enough depth at End? Nope.

"Teams will pound at the right side of the Redskins line..." Okay, then get ready for the mini-missle to make you blow snot bubbles then. Did the Dolphins have Fletcher? Nope.

This team can stop the run, I promise you that, and anyone that thinks Daniels "helped to stop the run" last year is absolutely on crack. You'll see, that includes anyone of this message board. Our Ends very rarely get involved in the run game for many reasons. One, our corners are good in run support off the edge, our DT's are both very stout, and our linebacker's biggest strengths (all three of them) is stuffing the run. Jason Taylor is not on this team to stop the run people :doh:

BTW, didn't a bunch of people say that teams would run right at Carter. How'd that work out for the Vikings last year. They're #1 right now, right? They're the god's of the rushing attack. How'd it work out for Dallas? Oh right, 1 rushing yard against us in week 17. We're going to struggle against the run though :laugh:

STFU!

HTTR

"But last time I checked the Redskins weren't exactly being penciled in as a Super Bowl favorite. Playing in perhaps the toughest division in football, they are the fourth team in a four-team division."

1) We're never penciled in as either a SB contender OR a playoff contender. 2) If memory serves, we made it to the playoffs twice in three years in the "toughest division in football".

:jerk:

Was he playing opposite Carter? No

Was he playing with two dinosaurs on the DL? Yes, Vonnie Holiday and Keith Traylor

Did he have 11 sacks on a horrible defense ranked nearly last in the league in every defensive category accept passing yards? Yes. Makes you wonder about the passing yards...either they were pretty good at getting to the passer or they just got ran on so much, gave up 150+ yards per game wow!, that no one needed to pass on them.

Is Evans even remotely an option as a pass rusher? No...spent half the time at DT on passing downs. He couldn't even beat out a LB as a package rusher.

Did we have enough depth at End? Nope.

"Teams will pound at the right side of the Redskins line..." Okay, then get ready for the mini-missle to make you blow snot bubbles then. Did the Dolphins have Fletcher? Nope.

This team can stop the run, I promise you that, and anyone that thinks Daniels "helped to stop the run" last year is absolutely on crack. You'll see, that includes anyone of this message board. Our Ends very rarely get involved in the run game for many reasons. One, our corners are good in run support off the edge, our DT's are both very stout, and our linebacker's biggest strengths (all three of them) is stuffing the run. Jason Taylor is not on this team to stop the run people :doh:

BTW, didn't a bunch of people say that teams would run right at Carter. How'd that work out for the Vikings last year. They're #1 right now, right? They're the god's of the rushing attack. How'd it work out for Dallas? Oh right, 1 rushing yard against us in week 17. We're going to struggle against the run though :laugh:

STFU!

HTTR

NUFF SAID!

Guess I'll weigh in now...I hate when writers actually think THEY know better than people who get paid lots of dough to do this for a living. Nothing is set at this point for 08 so to say we will finish last and we got fleeced is plain stupid. Guess he had to play bad cop with judge taking good cop. I'm sure there are a few executives he talked to that said this deal was a homerun for us, but lets not mention that, just the one who said Taylor was declining(which may be true). The point is people hate Snyder and think we are a joke. This will only change when we win a superbowl.

I guess we are doomed because we couldn't draft any talent players and had to trade out of desperation for an aging player that has shown decline. But in reality we did what was best for the team. But look at what the Cowboys did this pas offseason and the very same media praised it as a great move. They added Zack Thomas who is 34 years old. So what makes Zack Thomas better than Jason Taylor? Why wasn't the Zack Thomas addition viewed as a bad move for an aging veteran with declining skills? Because the media is a Cowboy loving media and they hate to see the Redskins add any kind of talent that can create nighmares for their offenses. With Taylor they are trouble and with Evans they are easier to handle.

Come on now, the situations are completely different...

First, Dallas didn't trade any picks to get their 34yo pro-bowler... The Redskins traded multiple picks...

Dallas is only paying Zack about $1 million... The Skins are paying $8 million...

Dallas is stacked pretty deep at LB, if the oldman Thomas goes down, Dallas isn't in dire straits... In contrast, the Skins have just put a ton of eggs in the Jason Taylor basket...

For a team that lacks depth, trading multiple picks for an aging vet, isn't a real good idea.... Especially when you're still likely to finish last in the Division....

Prisco's dead-on with this article....

I promise you that, and anyone that thinks Daniels "helped to stop the run" last year is absolutely on crack. You'll see, that includes anyone of this message board. Our Ends very rarely get involved in the run game for many reasons

I must be on crack... because Daniels ability to control the line and edge, turning the RB's back inside helped the rush defense a great deal

Daniels was a good DE, Taylor is better

Come on now, the situations are completely different...

First, Dallas didn't trade any picks to get their 34yo pro-bowler... The Redskins traded multiple picks...

Dallas is only paying Zack about $1 million... The Skins are paying $8 million...

Dallas is stacked pretty deep at LB, if the oldman Thomas goes down, Dallas isn't in dire straits... In contrast, the Skins have just put a ton of eggs in the Jason Taylor basket...

For a team that lacks depth, trading multiple picks for an aging vet, isn't a real good idea.... Especially when you're still likely to finish last in the Division....

Prisco's dead-on with this article....

Sorry don't listen to fans of a team with HOME FIELD advantage, and lose! in the playoffs twice. pathetic ZERO Credentials

See the thing is about this trade we needed starting caliber de. We're going for the playoffs here. This team is being built around depth. We now have a starting DE and then behind him someone that can take care of the job if need be. Chris Wilson hasn't shown he is every down back and he is not a run stopper size. Redskins have serious depth and we flexed that muscle last year.

The only thing stupid here is the content of this post.

The Giants erased any credibility in saying that a team doesn't have a chance when starting off the season. Most thought that team was dogmeat going into the season, and its start did nothing to shed those feelings. If not for a second half collapse by the Redskins, the Giants may have finished up 4-12 and Coughlin would be shown the door. Even going into the playoffs, no one thought much of the Giants - jeez, even the injury-ravaged Redskins blew them out in Week 15 at Giants Stadium.

At this point, to rule any team out that has not undergone a complete overhaul is preposterous. Here's news for you, Zero, the Redskins have not undergone a complete overhaul. In fact, they have returned largely the same team. Now, Zorn is a complete unknown. Given that, it is unlikely that the Redskins will make it all the way this season. But 6-10 at best, with no chance at the playoffs? That is utter stupidity.

The difference is, the Giants are better than the Skins... The Giants have some key peices that the Skins lack... A true #1 WR, consistently better DL play, better QB play, better DB's, and a deeper bench... Plus the Giants weren't completely over-hauling the system, with a whole new coaching staff.

If the Redskins get high-level play from the QB position, they will be in the mix at the end. If the QB play is inconsistent, then the Redskins will struggle. The same is said for every team in the league.

That's a big if..... "If" Campbell had started all 16 games last year, the Skins likely finish in last place... Remember, they were 5-7 before Todd Collins saved the day...

You say the Redskins are a lot of players away from contending. Could you enlighten us as to who these players are?

A better QB... A #1 WR... A shut-down CB... Better depth on the OL, DL, at LB, and DB's... A better FS wouldn't hurt.....

Archived