Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starbucks releases list of stores set to close

Toe Jam

10240 Baltimore Ave, College Park

Is that the one in the shopping center with Hard Times Cafe, Home Depot etc?

Cuz if it is, I'm a be PISSED.

That place was teeming with college aged eye candy, all damn day long.

No, it must be another one on the other side of the Beltway :doh:

4750 Cherry Hill Road

College Park, MD 20740

Oh, don't be so dramatic. Nothing's being forced down your throat. If you don't like Starbucks, don't go there. Or you can do what I do and make fun of people who spend four dollars on a cup of something that costs 20 cents to make.

That's the real reason. I make my own coffee at home for less than Juan Veldez gets to pick the coffee beans. FOUR Dollars! Yeah, that'll be the day. I'm getting to where I don't even want to pay more than $1 for a soda and bottled water. Went to the Miami Airport last March and the bastages wanted $3 for a soda....IN THE MACHINE! :doh:

Funny thing is, they really don't do research. I know a lot of people trying to get their work and they have always been told by the Starbucks geniuses that research is basically a bunch of bull :laugh:

They never really cared if they had a market. Store doesn't exist within x miles? Open one up! Just look at the NYC closings....2 closing within 4 blocks of each other :doh:

I just love the ones that are across the street from each other :laugh:

Sweet the one right down the road from me is NOT closing, but the one in the mall is... BFD i hate going to the mall! :D Yea i like starbucks coffee, but i buy it whole bean, i dont pay for it by the cup, too expensive. Komodo Dragon FTW

Surprise, surprise. In MD we have Baltimore, Baltimore, CP, Easton, Gburg, Germantown, Glenn Dale, Pikesville, Waldorf and Wheaton stores closing. In VA, Fredericksburg, Gainsville, Hampton, Newport News and Winchester.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah, that was really, REALLY unpredictable. :laugh:

You guys missed the best one: Starbucks (SBUX) Finally Agrees: Starbucks Across Street From Two Starbucks Is Too Much (SBUX) .

And sometimes a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks, across from a Starbucks is one too many Starbucks (WSJ):

San Francisco's Metreon entertainment complex, located at an intersection the company had determined could support three Starbucks, will lose one of those locations. In towns with fewer Starbucks, city officials have said they will try to persuade the company to reconsider closing their location, and customers have said in Internet postings that they are circulating petitions to save their location.

:laugh:

Archived