Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Year for Sonny, Sam, Larry?

I argree completely about the delay issue. And while the Replayradio thingamajig that someone linked to looks promising, I have an idea that I hope someone with some power over these things will read here and follow up on:

Red Zebra will be broadcasting the Skins on a number of radio frequencies in the DC area -- so why not have different delays on different frequencies so listeners can choose which one fits the action on their TV? Would this work? Just a thought. I think the vast majority of people who want to listen to the radio broadcast want to do so precisely so they can turn their TV sound down.

Is this a news quote you are siting here hondo? If so, where from?

I ask because it sounds like someone with some influence is questioning it too. Not just us ES'ers.

Thanks, Hail

I ask because it sounds like someone with some influence is questioning it too. Not just us ES'ers.

Thanks, Hail

You mean about the broadcasts being on different signals? I think that's the natural upshot of the acquisition of AM 980, which will become the primary signal, and keeping Red Zebra broadcasts on the 3 original XXX stations. Not sure, but I thought the team had also been planning on keeping the broadcast on 100.3 FM this year again. I'm guessing the 2 best signals are 100.3 FM and 980 AM. Perhaps they could delay one of those to sync with DirecTV and another to more closely sync with the typical cable delay. Would make life easier for those who turn the TV sound down so we can hear Sam and Sonny.

I'd be fine with Mike Patrick and Joe in the booth. BTW , has anyone been noticing that the 94.3 FM signal has been getting stronger lately? A few weeks ago I was actually able to pick up the signal at night during the NBA draft , usually when nightfall comes they weaken that signal down.

You mean about the broadcasts being on different signals? I think that's the natural upshot of the acquisition of AM 980, which will become the primary signal, and keeping Red Zebra broadcasts on the 3 original XXX stations. Not sure, but I thought the team had also been planning on keeping the broadcast on 100.3 FM this year again. I'm guessing the 2 best signals are 100.3 FM and 980 AM. Perhaps they could delay one of those to sync with DirecTV and another to more closely sync with the typical cable delay. Would make life easier for those who turn the TV sound down so we can hear Sam and Sonny.

Yes, that is what i was asking. Wow, sounds like someone up above is looking out for us if it happens that way. Thanks for the heads up.:)

Hail

Yes, that is what i was asking. Wow, sounds like someone up above is looking out for us if it happens that way. Thanks for the heads up.:)

Hail

Well, please understand that I have no idea whether they'll sync the radio broadcasts with what we typically watch on TV, but I hope the powers that be will take notice of the need to do this and make it happen. :logo:

I think they have to stay with 100.3 because it's still the only station with broad coverage in the region. 980 craps out on me after dark and I've yet to figure out where the hell the other stations are.

Red Zebra will be broadcasting the Skins on a number of radio frequencies in the DC area -- so why not have different delays on different frequencies so listeners can choose which one fits the action on their TV? Would this work?

I don't think this is logistically possible.

Just use something like Delay Play Radio (http://delayplayradio.com/). Bam. Problem solved.

I agree completely about the delay issue. And while the Replayradio thingamajig that someone linked to looks promising, I have an idea that I hope someone with some power over these things will read here and follow up on:

Red Zebra will be broadcasting the Skins on a number of radio frequencies in the DC area -- so why not have different delays on different frequencies so listeners can choose which one fits the action on their TV? Would this work? Just a thought. I think the vast majority of people who want to listen to the radio broadcast want to do so precisely so they can turn their TV sound down.

Thanks, Hail

Hail

I don't think this is logistically possible.

Just use something like Delay Play Radio (http://delayplayradio.com/). Bam. Problem solved.

This is about the neatest, prettiest little conversational circle I think I've ever been witness to.

Nice. :applause:

This is about the neatest, prettiest little conversational circle I think I've ever been witness to.

Nice. :applause:

:laugh: :notworthy Yeah JurgyFan, lol. Yesterday was a good day all around. Today will be even better. Cheers:)

Hail

Replace Riggins with Doc Walker and we'd have a great booth.

Yeah that would be nice. But if they leave him as the sideline reporter and Have Patrick, Riggins, and Theisman in th booth that will be almost perfect. How many radio teams say they have a Hog, (Walker said he was a member of the Hogs on that DC Lottery commercial), and two members of the Hall of Fame on their radio team?

Doc has like 65 different jobs.

No joke!! this guy is everywhere, all the time. Sometimes I wonder if he cloned himself and there are actually like 10 Doc Walkers walking around. When does he find time to sleep? to eat?

I'm a big fan of his though and I 'm happy to hear that he will be the new sideline reporter. I think he's great!

I don't hate Larry as a person--I'm sure he's a nice enough guy. I have no idea because I've never met him. But to me his voice is just downright unpleasant to listen to and I don't find him entertaining, interesting or engaging.

When I hear radio play-by-play voices like Merrill Reese in football or Jon Miller in baseball, I get jealous and wonder how we got stuck with Larry.

EDIT: And yes, I think Patrick, Riggo and Theismann would be a great team. I love Sonny and Sam, but they can't do it forever unfortunately.

I entirely agree about Larry... he seems like a perfectly nice guy but there something wrong when all too often you can tell from the stadium fan's reaction what has happened way before Larry says anything.

This might be bashed, but I wouldn't mind the team of Patrick, Joe T., and Riggo one bit. We could start a new tradition...I really like Patrick a lot and thought he should have never been let go from ESPN.

From a "broadcasting" standpoint, it's a much stronger team. Two of them (as everyone knows) were on ESPN for years.

I think it would be a great mix of objectivity with just enough Redskin fandom sprinkled in (since all of them love the Skins).

I love Sonny and Sam (Larry is fine I guess), but they've been doing it for years and maybe it's time for us to start fresh? They will always be the voice of our Golden Age (Gibbs I) to me and that's enough.

Make the change and the fans will get used to it.

Larry sounds and looks too much like Kenny Albert for me to like him. I'm sure he is a great guy, but his voice, tone, tempo, etc. are not fitting for a Redskins play by play broadcast. A studio host maybe, but please find someone else to broadcast games.

All good things must come to an end. What's left of the current team that broadcasted during the golden years is getting up there, and are probably tired of watching the Skins stink things up every week for the last 15 years

Joey T used to get on my nerves, prefacing everything with "Well you know, when I played in the Super Bowl................" but he's toned himself down over the past few years

Patrick, Thiesman and Riggo, with Doc on the field would be great

Whatever they do, get Larry Michael the hell out of the booth

I agree with most of you here, Patrick, Joe T and Riggo w/ Doc on the sidelines would be a great lineup.

Patrick and Joe already have chemistry and history, and Joe T. and Riggo SHOULD have that same deal from their years of playing together (chemistry doesn't mean they need to love each other).

Doc would give a lot of refreshing insight from the sidelines.

I always thought Riggo was lining himself up to get that radio spot for quite some time, glad to see it happen (or hope to see if happens). Hey, decent trade-off, lose your radio show, gain a spot on the broadcast team.

I would LOVE Patrick/Theismann/Riggins. :notworthy

I love those guys. That would be the best broadcast team in the NFL imo.

Absolutely, whole-heartedly agree. I loved the ESPN Sunday night nfl broadcast when they had Patrick and Theismann. And Riggins I enjoy listening to just because he's entertaining. Really hope this happens.

Archived