Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Year for Sonny, Sam, Larry?

I kinda wish that they would find another defensive guy to put in the booth. Charles Mann is really the only name I can come up with who is "broadcast quality".

Jason

My thought as well. Ditch Joey T for a defensive guy. Mann came to mind almost at once and so did D Green.

I'd miss Sonny, but I'd be glad to see Larry out of the booth. I can't stand him. Although, Theismann wouldn't be much of an improvement. I like Mike Patrick, though.

Bite your tongue! Theeeeesman, for all his faults, is about 100000000x better than that waste of radiowaves Larry.

I really, really, really don't get the hate for Larry Michael :whoknows:

And if anyone is thinking about quoting this post and saying "cuz he forced Frank out", save yourself the embarassment of going there.

I don't get it either Zoony. I mean you can tell that he's a total homer, but that's his job.

He's largely responsible for bringing us all of the great content on the site, nightly news, Redskins Lunch/Nation, pre and post game stuff.

Do those that hate him have any recollection of how piss-poor the site was prior to the Skins hiring him? It had to be one of the worst NFL sites out there.

I appreciate the changes and the daily updated content, even if it is a bit homerific and contrived.

I would love that booth. I think having Riggo in the booth to help reign in Theismann would be fantastic.

I'm a huge fan of Sonny and Sam but their time has passed. They are both sounding like Pat Summerall towards the end of his career. It's just time. I don't hate Larry but I don't particularly like him either. I am a big fan of Mike Patrick however and think he'd be a big addition.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this falls under the "true" rumors.

Do those that hate him have any recollection of how piss-poor the site was prior to the Skins hiring him? It had to be one of the worst NFL sites out there.

None of which has a blessed thing to do with the radio broadcasts.

Let Larry do the site, if that's what he's good at doing. I could personally do without hearing his voice and brainless, thoughtless homerisms on the air.

Sonny and Sam were great, but we will have to replace them one day. If it means getting Mike Patrick, Joey T. and Riggo/Doc, we'd be much better off in the long run. As an O's fan, I really miss having Jon Miller doing the radio broadcasts and it is very important to have a strong radio game crew. Funny this gets mentioned, because for the last year I've thought about what it would be like to have Mike Patrick and Joey T. doing the games on radio, since they're not doing NFL games on ESPN anymore, and they already do our preseason games.

I don't get it either Zoony. I mean you can tell that he's a total homer, but that's his job.

He's largely responsible for bringing us all of the great content on the site, nightly news, Redskins Lunch/Nation, pre and post game stuff.

I appreciate the changes and the daily updated content, even if it is a bit homerific and contrived.

I don't hate the work that he does, as in the website and the info he brings.

I just hate his personality.

:laugh:

as if I typed the words myself :)

As much as I like Theismann and Riggo, I can't even begin to imagine a broadcast team that didn't include Sonny and Sam...expecially Sonny. I'm biased, I know, but that's one of the things I like about Sonny & Sam, they're unabashedly biased and crotchety.

actually Doc is now the sideline reporter during games. That was announced today.

As a Doc Walker fan, i am thrilled. Him and Sheehan should be a nice combo from 12-2 pm. I wonder if Doc is still gonna do color commentary for the ACC on Saturday afternoons. If so, he's gonna be real busy.

Sonny doesn't give the impression that he would ever want to leave.

It's not really his choice in the end. I can see Sonny staying one or two years with a new booth. But he seems irritable as hell with both Larry and Sam half the time. I can't imagine there would be much immediate chemistry with new partners.

The man is 73 years old. He's been on the air for 34 years. How long can you really expect him to do this?

I think having Sonny and Sam ride off into the sunset together would be appropriate. Make the final home game a big love-in for them.

I would absolutely be heartbroken if Sonny were forced out although I'd be OK with it if it were his choice. I just don't want to see him Favre'd. He's earned the right to go out on his own terms, IMO.

I've always liked Mike Patrick but I question how well Joe and Riggo would mesh. Then again, Joe and Paul McGuire used to crack me up with their bickering so maybe it could work. I'm torn between Riggins and Doc Walker. I think either one could work pretty well.

I'd miss Sonny, but I'd be glad to see Larry out of the booth. I can't stand him. Although, Theismann wouldn't be much of an improvement. I like Mike Patrick, though.

And I'll take this opportunity to express again my feelings that they should BRING BACK FRANK.

I would LOVE Patrick/Theismann/Riggins. :notworthy

I love those guys. That would be the best broadcast team in the NFL imo.

I agree. Sure seems like Joe T. is falling more and more in love with the sound of his own voice, but Mike Patrick has always been a solid play-by-play guy, he has a good feel for the proper emotional delivery depending on the game situation. He's also excellent at calling college hoops, as I'm sure most of you on the E coast already know. (ACC tournament anyone?)

It'll be tough to listen to a different group, but I can't imagine they break up the team now and mix Patrick with Sonny or someone like that. Keep the current group in tact or get rid of all of em.

I'm a big fan of Sonny, the other two don't always seem right to me. They just get too many calls wrong, I guess its old age.

If Riggo is on, I want someone to keep count how many times he says "and it seems to me..." during the game.

Personally I'm more worried about the postgame show with Jacoby/Sheehan. That show makes my ears bleed, and it's not because of how Jacoby talks, it's like they don't screen calls that well and they put some idiot callers on the air.. my god it's awful.

Next year it could be Mike Patrick doing play-by-play' date=' with Joe Theismann and John Riggins adding color. .[/quote']

Mike Patrick would be great...liked him on Sunday Night Football. That would be a pretty good team.

Archived