Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How I would handle the Brett Favre Situation

phatSkins27

As we all know the Brett Favre situation has been troubling the Packers and their GM as to what to do. If I were Ted Thompson (Packers GM) this is how I would handle the situation......

I would call Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen of the Tampa Bay Bucceneers and work out a trade a trade for Chris Simms, gicving Aaron Rodgers and maybe also getting like a 6th pick with soem conditions to go up or down based on playing time for each player.

Then have Brett Come back for the Next 1-2 years. In that window the opportunity for a Superbowl would be upon the Packers, the only really competition for the division being the Vikes and as long as their Qb plays like he is at Coastal Carolina not the NFL I think the NFC North would be the Packs for the taking..

The NFC East will be so tough the winner from that will be beaten up by their division and the West is a joke. The south winner would be manageable. A trip to the superbowl is not easy but a definate possibilty for the next two years.

In that time the Pack would groom Brian Brohm and acclimate Chris Simms. then in a year or two they could compete for the starting spot and having the other as a capable backup. Ideally within 2-3 years Brian Brohm could beat out Chris Simms , but if Simms turned into a Gamer then you have a good back up or trade bait..

The packers would be good for the Present and the Future while still taking care of the Man who made your franchise for the last 16 years.

What trade value does Chris Simms even have? At this point a team MAYBE would deal a 7th round choice for his services, and I think that may even be far fetched because I think most teams realize that he will be cut eventually.

About Brett I have from day one (since the "itch" comments) have said that the Packers organization need to ask themselves....

Are we a better team WITH or WITHOUT Brett Favre. Period. That's the only question that really needs to be asked.

Ted Thompson wether his job is difficult or not to this point main job as GM is to put the best possible football team out there come September.

It's strictly my opinion that the Packers are a better football team WITH Brett then without him. This team was one INT away from going to the Superbowl last season, and you would have to think with #4 back there they would have a shot at possibly doing the same thing this upcoming season

Thompson should bring farve back on the condition he plays 2 more years, then trade Rogers to one of the 7 teams that need a QB. If Farve can't get a Super Bowl in 2 years with that team he never will! Once Farve retires officially in 2 years they then have Brohm or Flynn to take over the team for the future, problem solved!

If they are going to pull the piss in your cheerios move then do it to Rogers not Farve, they don't owe rogers anything, he's a backup!

Thompson should bring farve back on the condition he plays 2 more years' date=' then trade Rogers to one of the 7 teams that need a QB. If Farve can't get a Super Bowl in 2 years with that team he never will! /QUOTE']

That's actually one of the more reasonable ideas, but I don't see how you can coax a two-year commitment out of Favre.

I agree with you there which is why you need a No rodgers or favre plan for next year if he comes back

Thompson should bring farve back on the condition he plays 2 more years' date=' then trade Rogers to one of the 7 teams that need a QB. If Farve can't get a Super Bowl in 2 years with that team he never will! /QUOTE']

That's actually one of the more reasonable ideas, but I don't see how you can coax a two-year commitment out of Favre.

Easy sign 2 more years or no release! They want to know he's serious then have him prove it, in writing! If Farve does want to play for the Pack again then he signs the new restructured contract and then the team really moves on by trading Rogers!:2cents:

Easy sign 2 more years or no release! They want to know he's serious then have him prove it' date=' in writing! If Farve does want to play for the Pack again then he signs the new restructured contract and then the team really moves on by trading Rogers!:2cents:[/quote']

So...what happens if he doesn't play in Year 2? Does he owe them money?

I don't think you can do such a contract under the CBA.

I'd talk straight to Minnesota. Green Bay is a young team and has two young QBs waiting to compete. In two years, they will be amongst the contenders yet again and that is if they don't do it this year anyways. Green Bay should be able to get a first rounder for Brett even if it not this year from Minnesota. They should also be talking to TB because Chucky will continue to be on the hot-seat until he wins big.

I'd talk straight to Minnesota. Green Bay is a young team and has two young QBs waiting to compete. In two years, they will be amongst the contenders yet again and that is if they don't do it this year anyways. Green Bay should be able to get a first rounder for Brett even if it not this year from Minnesota. They should also be talking to TB because Chucky will continue to be on the hot-seat until he wins big.

Do you really think they would trade him within the division, particularly to a team that may be a QB away from being the best team in the NFC? Just don't see it.

Thats easy!

I will just visit your mother....

You've go to be kidding me. How old are you?

im sorry man to you and your mother

you both have exact change on hand every time i see you

And you just drove the last nail in your coffin. I can't believe you did that. Glad to see TK bring the hammer down.

I'd let Brett actively seek a trade. The team is already committed to Rodgers, and letting him waste away further on the bench would be detrimental to the team in the long run, IMO.

A good trade comes up, you take it. This would also essentially allow you to choose where Favre goes. If nothing turns up, then you have to stick to your guns and tell Brett he can retrun as a back-up, or stay retired.

Archived