Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do non-Packer fans feel about Aaron Rodgers?

The Fourth King

I'm not asking anything about Favre's retirement persay...But how do people feel about Aaron Rodgers? I for one think Favre should stay retired. I believe Aaron Rodgers has waited long enough, and he should not recieve any criticism from people because he's not the next Favre...however, I think this is still inevitable. If I were Aaron Rodgers and Favre came back, I would demand a trade.

Just imagine if JC was still on the bench and we hadn't seen anything from him yet.

I think he's kind of a douche, especially after going off on Packers fans and telling them to "shut up." He's got no right to demand their support, because he has done precisely dick in the NFL. One game doesn't prove a player's any good. Remember Patrick Ramsey's NFL debut when he dismantled the Titans?

Thank god he finally cut his hair. He looked like a filthy hippie. I wouldn't want a filthy hippie quarterbacking my team.

I think he's kind of a douche, especially after going off on Packers fans and telling them to "shut up."

I thought that was really necessary. I liked his get on board or shut up attitude. I would also agree with him, because if they aren't in their place, Packer fans are about to be really annoying.

Thank god he finally cut his hair. He looked like a filthy hippie. I wouldn't want a filthy hippie quarterbacking my team.

Have you NEVER seen 'Remember the Titans?!!'

He's a fairly decent player. But he needs to be given the opportunity to actually play.

If I'm him, and the Pack do allow Favre to come back and QB this team, I leave, instantly. And the fact that they drafted Brohm is an even bigger slap in the face.

I think he's kind of a douche, especially after going off on Packers fans and telling them to "shut up." He's got no right to demand their support, because he has done precisely dick in the NFL. One game doesn't prove a player's any good. Remember Patrick Ramsey's NFL debut when he dismantled the Titans?

He didn't really tell them to "shut up" in a Michael Vick type of manner that you're putting it. He basically was tired of everyone comparing him to Brett Favre and said essentially "Look, I'm not Brett, but I feel like I can do a good job QBing this team too. If you don't support me, then get off the band wagon".

I actually kinda like that he's taking a stand and is determined to try and prove everyone wrong. From what I saw in the Dallas game, Rodgers may end up being a solid NFL QB. Not an all-timer, but he'll be solid. And for a team as talented as the Packers, that's all they really need.

The Packers franchise in 1993 was a two-year-old child with his first teddy bear. They look great together for a few years.

Favre will not be forgotten. Just like some of us younger folk heard our parents talk about guys like Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, and several other QBs that have left their historical watermarks on the game, we'll be telling our children twenty years from now about the QBs that we watched when we were growing up, and among those names - most likely even the first among those names because of how he loved and played the game - will be Brett Favre.

But this entire process has become akin to a middle-school boy refusing to relinquish that teddy bear I was talking about. The longer Packer fans wait to wean themselves off Favre, the worse the growing pains will be when Favre finally does decide to (or is somehow forced to) hang up the helmet permanently.

You never know what could happen next year if Favre comes back. And I'm not talking about just Favre getting hurt. Driver could break a leg, you could lose a lineman for the season. Grant (although this is doubtful) could prove to be a one-year wonder and play like crap.

There are too many variables in the game of football for real fans ever to deceive themselves into thinking that having one player - no matter what position he plays or how legendary he is - is an automatic stamp to the postseason...or that not having that player is an ultimate deathblow.

So many people think that Aaron Rodgers is going to lead the team down the tubes just by virtue of the fact that he's NOT Brett Favre.

:bsflag:

That's not only unfair to Rodgers, but an INSULT to the team that Packers management has spent several years building around him. You've got to realize that they didn't originally know that this was essentially going to be the second generation of players for the Favre era. They went out and drafted these guys on offense believing that they would become the first generation of players for the Aaron Rodgers era. Now's a better time than ever for Rodgers to take over. If Favre had retired two years ago, Rodgers would have taken all of the blame for a young team struggling. But as it was, Favre was able to absorb some of the damage, come out with his legendary status intact, and come back with one hell of a last hurrah for the road.

I agree completely with Rodgers. Jump the hell off the bandwagon if you find you can't root for the Packers anymore once Favre is quarterbacking them. Your loyalty is to a player - which isn't in and of itself a bad thing. But don't go spouting off at the mouth saying that you're a Packers fan, when in reality, you're just a Brett fan. Everyone loves Brett. I love Brett. But if you're a fan of the TEAM, you have to give due respect for the legend that rides off into the sunset...THEN come back and put your full support behind the future.

Same goes for Redskins fans, too. Jim Zorn isn't Joe Gibbs. But if you're a fan of the team and not just a Gibbs fan, there's no way that you can in good conscience expect, let alone hope, for Zorn to fail just because he's not Gibbs.

The jury's still out on Rodgers-However, the Packers DO have a very good team overall. A young, frisky D(the front 7, in particular, have studs in the making). A very good OL with fast receivers and TEs. And while the jury is probably still out on Ryan Grant, he's nonetheless a nice speed back that fits the WCO very well.

All in all-even if Rodgers is somewhat mediocre, he certainly has weapons around him.

With that being said-no, he should play decently(at worst), and the Packers will definitely be contenders in years to come.:2cents:

I'm not against him in any way, but I don't think he will amount to much. Jeff Tedford college QB's never seem to amount to much, regardless of how long they spend in the NFL or which system. I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed, but they drafted Brian Brohm for a reason (who also may not end up that good either).

Archived