Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met LaRon Landry this past weekend...

Taylor From DA U

the laron landry autograph skippings remind me a lot of that part in forgetting sarah marshell, where the hotel clerk asks the rocker if hes listened to the demo, and the rocker says, sorry i was busy living my life.

i think the same might apply here. its way cooler to get his autograph by circumstance, or to get it by waiting after a game. going to an event is a bit anticlamatic, anyway. i mean he "should" have come i know i know whatever... but if he doesnt, oh well.

i actually have a friend who is a massage therapist and had the oppurtunity to work with some of the players last year i was lucky enough to give her a hat and she got a few players to sign it one of them being laron landry she has actually told me a few stories about him and how he isn't always that friendly but i wouldn't want that guy on any other team but its just a maturing process and it take some longer than others

Remember. Punctuation is not to be feared.

That sentence is still running on.

:doh:

Landry is 23, he's still a college-age kid...get off your high horse.

What does age matter? I'm 21 and I agree with him.

Regardless though, if Landry cannot commit to showing up somewhere, then he shouldn't commit in the first place. It's not too difficult.

What does age matter? I'm 21 and I agree with him.

Regardless though, if Landry cannot commit to showing up somewhere, then he shouldn't commit in the first place. It's not too difficult.

Aren't we talking about the fact that its a strip club?

I mean no its not exactly church, but its just not a huge deal to me.

well here goes ...

I really don't think LL is a class act, in fact i have two very good friends that i have known since the 1st grade that are wishing very bad things on him! :doh:

My buddies are the General Manager and General Sales Manger at a luxury dealership. They claim that LL stiffed them out of several thousands dollars. They also said he was and quote a "d-bag" I guess they trusted him to pay them for something and so far he hasn't - at least as of about 3 weeks ago.

I'm no LL apologist, (and I'm not saying that what he did is right), but it's ironic that a couple of car dealership managers got stiffed by a customer.

Usually, it's the other way around...

Aren't we talking about the fact that its a strip club?

I mean no its not exactly church, but its just not a huge deal to me.

It may not be a huge deal, but it does seem strange to call someone "classy" when you just met him in a strip club. Maybe my definition of "classy" is a little more old-school than some people's, but when I hear "classy," I think of a guy who's organizing community events or raising funds for a worthy cause, not someone who's going to strip joints. You know, someone who has a small enough ego to shoot for more than self-gratification.

I'm not saying that Landry's a bad person because he goes to strip clubs, but it's not exactly what I'd call "class."

It may not be a huge deal, but it does seem strange to call someone "classy" when you just met him in a strip club. Maybe my definition of "classy" is a little more old-school than some people's, but when I hear "classy," I think of a guy who's organizing community events or raising funds for a worthy cause, not someone who's going to strip joints. You know, someone who has a small enough ego to shoot for more than self-gratification.

I'm not saying that Landry's a bad person because he goes to strip clubs, but it's not exactly what I'd call "class."

nicely put.:D

(i am still in biting my tongue in this thread, trust me, its for the best;) )

What lap dances aren't classy now?

But seriously, my ES name is what it is because Darrell Green is my hero--but not just because of his play on the field. My career goals aren't exactly laid out but I am considering doing charity work, so trust me I agree with you.

My point was that people shouldn't hold this against Landry because he's 23, he's young, he's probably kind of immature...and I'm around that same age, I've done some really stupid **** and I will continue to do so because thats what college-age kids do. Overall I would consider myself mature for my age but I'm by no means perfect.

So is he classy? No.

But as long as he's not breaking the law, not being too much of a douche off the field, and producing on Sunday...I'm ok with it.

nicely put.:D

Thanks. :)

What, lap dances aren't classy now?

But seriously, my ES name is what it is because Darrell Green is my hero--but not just because of his play on the field. My career goals aren't exactly laid out but I am considering doing charity work, so trust me I agree with you.

My point was that people shouldn't hold this against Landry because he's 23, he's young, he's probably kind of immature...and I'm around that same age, I've done some really stupid **** and I will continue to do so because thats what college-age kids do. Overall I would consider myself mature for my age but I'm by no means perfect.

So is he classy? No.

But as long as he's not breaking the law, not being too much of a douche off the field, and producing on Sunday...I'm ok with it.

I think tiny11's original point was that strip clubs aren't "classy," and not that Landry is pure evil. Maybe I was misreading his post, but I think we're all on horses of approximately the same height. In other words, I don't think there's any real disagreement here (although the OP might beg to differ).

:cheers:

What lap dances aren't classy now?

So is he classy? No.

Agreed. Darrell Green is a class act. Laron, while not being the thug type like Pacman or Chris Henry, has yet to prove he is a "class act". Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of LL. I also don't have an issue with him going to a strip club. As long as he isn't breaking laws and is committed to our team, I'm cool.

If I just met him, regardless of where, and he was cool with me, then I would say he was nice and friendly, shook my hand, etc.... but to say he is classy, well, that takes time to earn enough respect from me to say one is a classy person.

I'm no LL apologist, (and I'm not saying that what he did is right), but it's ironic that a couple of car dealership managers got stiffed by a customer.

Usually, it's the other way around...

ha, good point.

I hear ya ...

I guess they were miffed because the dude has money coming out of his ears and he still stiffed them on something like 3-4 grand.

It may not be a huge deal, but it does seem strange to call someone "classy" when you just met him in a strip club.

Does not seem strange to me .. you can be considered classy and still enjoy seeing attractive naked women dance.

He could be like me and might not even really like strip clubs but just goes because the rest of the group wanted to go.

Thanks. :)

I think tiny11's original point was that strip clubs aren't "classy," and not that Landry is pure evil. Maybe I was misreading his post, but I think we're all on horses of approximately the same height. In other words, I don't think there's any real disagreement here (although the OP might beg to differ).

:cheers:

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

And yes, I think you're right.

I have met Laron many times at Diva's nightclub (vixen's sister club). I am a bartender at the bar next door and we cook for them. I also fill in DJ for Diva's from time to time. I was so stoked the first time because they all knew how much of a fan I was so they saved me a spot in the VIP so I got to hang out with him and his friends. I really got a good chance to talk to him about football and the team for over 30 minutes until a dancer took his attention from me. He seems like a really cool guy but he has a crazy flare about him. Now its a "whats up man? shouldnt you be at work?" thing when i see him anymore.

Yea i've heard he's been up there to....I was just shocked to see him out of all people that night...but I have heard good and bad things about LaRon but as long as he shows up on Sundays..thats all that matters to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was with him when we met laron at vixens we went to vip and talked to him i asked him bout his race wit cp and he was like that was after otas and he was tired and cp want to race andi told him i thought he won larin said yeah i asked cp i he wanted to race next week for 50 and cp said no. then we gave laron some dap and told him we will b at training camp and we let him enjoy his night:dallasuck

Archived