Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas News.com Safety Rankings: LaRon #5

skinslove<3

do you think im a man?

You'd think the heart in your SN would be a dead giveaway. That or MRS Laron Landry in your sig.

Or the fact that we all call you Amy.

You know, any of those.....

Are you coming to the Jets game in August? Or opening night???

The real rankings (at least in my head):

1) Ed Reed

2) Troy Polamalu

3) Brian Dawkins

4) Bob Sanders

5) Laron Landry

Not nearly enough love for Sanders.

It's no coincidence that once he came back for the 2006 playoffs, their run defense completely changed and started shutting teams down. The guy was last year's Defensive MVP for a reason. He's a complete force on the field that has to be accounted for.

Ed Reed meanwhile is coming off an average year, and has a growing reputation for freelancing for interceptions while leaving his corners out to dry. Polamalu meanwhile missed 5 games last year with injuries and didn't play 100% for most of the season, and the Steelers still finished with a top 3 defense. He's very good, but he overpursues a lot of plays and he has a knack for missing tackles.

I'd say:

1- Sanders

2- Reed

3- Adrian Wilson

4- Polamalu

5- Dawkins

6- Landry

Honorable mention to Reggie Nelson, who'll be a superstar safety in no time, especially with Gregg Williams now in Jax.

The Cowbums always get a lil hype. Were they good last season. Yeah OK. But to send that many players to the pro bowl was ridiculous. Also for 3 DB's on their team to make the pro bowl was a joke. All about hype. :point2sky :point2sky :dallasuck

You'd think the heart in your SN would be a dead giveaway. That or MRS Laron Landry in your sig.

Or the fact that we all call you Amy.

You know, any of those.....

Are you coming to the Jets game in August? Or opening night???

i know right:doh: ...im such a dude:rolleyes: . haha.

i am going to see what i can do. i can't make it up opening night.

maybe ill come up for the jets game.

i have to see you guys and drink out of das boot.

miss you so much:(

#4 discredits this list

RW couldn't cover his grandma.... but he will horsecollar her

haha...you speak the truth my friend.:cheers:

Still can't believe he's gone.

me either.:(

ST

Landry

Reed

Sanders

Polamalu

------------

That's how it should read :/

I love Landry... but I don't think he would be above Reed. And totally agree Roy Williams should not be on the original list. I guess it is a Dallas paper so what else can one expect...

Landry has the potential to be the best safety in the league. I can't think of another safety thats faster right now.

Precisely, he is fast, strong, can catch, very athletic, and good instincts. I think he could easily be considered the best safety after another couple of years.

ok. so this is a tough question to ask, but all this talk of landry. say he plays 10-15 years in the league, has a great career, multiple pro-bowls all of that. is he better than ST? i can't imagine it. i don't think i'll ever view a safety as better than sean. maybe i'm biased. no, i'm definitely biased. but rightfully so.

also, with ST, everyone felt like he was going to be a redskin forever. he was the heart of the defense. i haven't gotten that from landry yet. sure, he's only been here a year, but all the blowing off fans, rash penalties... a lot of things have kept my man crush down for now. i think the man's awesome so don't think i'm hating, just want some thoughts. is landry a career-long skin in your mind yet?

Archived