Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas News.com Safety Rankings: LaRon #5

skinslove<3

ok. so this is a tough question to ask, but all this talk of landry. say he plays 10-15 years in the league, has a great career, multiple pro-bowls all of that. is he better than ST? i can't imagine it. i don't think i'll ever view a safety as better than sean. maybe i'm biased. no, i'm definitely biased. but rightfully so.

also, with ST, everyone felt like he was going to be a redskin forever. he was the heart of the defense. i haven't gotten that from landry yet. sure, he's only been here a year, but all the blowing off fans, rash penalties... a lot of things have kept my man crush down for now. i think the man's awesome so don't think i'm hating, just want some thoughts. is landry a career-long skin in your mind yet?

The only thing he's topped ST in so far is his combine stats.

He actually posted better numbers at the combine.

Two things wrong with that list.

1. RWilliams is on it.

2. Brian Dawkins is not.

As much as I hate the feacles, Dawkins is a BEAST. He's only 6' @ 210 but plays a lot bigger, except when trying to tackle caveman in the open field.

This wasn't a Top 5 Safety list, it was a list of the Top 5 Teams at the FS and SS positions.

At this point, I'd probably say that Hamlin and Landry are about even... Landry will eventually be better than Hamlin ever was, but Hamlin's experience keeps it close for now.

Everybody keeps talking about how great Landry is, which is understandable, he's a very good young player...... But as I said before, this particular list was based on both Safety positions.... And who is the Redskins other Safety? Doughty? Prioleau? Fox? I'd still take Roy over any of those guys......

This wasn't a Top 5 Safety list, it was a list of the Top 5 Teams at the FS and SS positions.

At this point, I'd probably say that Hamlin and Landry are about even... Landry will eventually be better than Hamlin ever was, but Hamlin's experience keeps it close for now.

Everybody keeps talking about how great Landry is, which is understandable, he's a very good young player...... But as I said before, this particular list was based on both Safety positions.... And who is the Redskins other Safety? Doughty? Prioleau? Fox? I'd still take Roy over any of those guys......

Agreed. Except for that last part.

I'd take Doughty over Williams any day of the week. Not Fox or Prioleau (it was Prioleau's God awful coverage skills that ended up blowing the second Eagles game for us when Reggie Brown caught a TD right in his face, much Williams getting burned by Santana)...but Doughty showed more coverage ability last season than Williams did. I don't recall Williams diving to knock down passes to tight ends in the end zone like Doughty did to deflect a TD to Witten in the second Dallas game.

Plus Doughty at least has upside. Williams is probably going to get benched for most downs, and is easily on the downside.

They must think LaRon is pretty good to rank the Redskins in the top 5. As I understood the article, it was about the best safety tandems. They didn't even mention anyone but LaRon in that section. High praise from a writer with a clear Dallas bias. (Cowboys in the top 5? I don't think so.)

Archived